Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
There are all manner of things the government does in all our names that all manner of
groups will have objection to and almost always for reasons that make good sense to them.
Cutting to the chase: TOUGH.
When do you see these 'free' abortions happening. The next 4 years, 12, 20. Until your unlikely 'free' abortions happen, those who believe as you do could start the Free Abortions Now [FAN] foundation, or even donate millions to PP for only abortions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM

25 posts, read 75,838 times
Default Killing Unborn Babies are wrong 8 weeks feet are form....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
What a fuss the pro "choice" crowd makes if someone even questions whether abortions should be banned or not.
Why is the killing of one million less significant than the killing of twenty children. This is a sick, sick society if we can't even see the illogic in that.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Free ? As in other people pay ? It wouldn't bother me to see insurance premiums go up a little, but I'm sensitive to the objections Many others have to paying for abortions. I'd think the millions of choicers, especially the rich ones, could set up a charitable foundation to pay for others' abortions.
I don't want to pay for viagara, setting broken legs, expensive heart medications, operations, etc.
Unwanted actual people are a drain on society, why not share the burden.

The religious whackaloons want to end planned parenthood and less than 3% of its services are abortion related.
Not going to happen.

Want to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to raise a child, especially one that's unwanted?
The fetus fetishists don't want to support them once they're here.

Quote:
There are people who look at abortion as a religious/moral issue and prefer to not financially contribute. Maybe they're economically short-sighted or cruel, who knows. Public funding [free to the woman] of all abortions would be more difficult to achieve than a 'we'll pay for your abortion' foundation. Now, there's nothing to stop choicers and others from pooling their money to help women have abortions.
I look at war as a moral issue, yet I'm required to pay more for war than for anything else.
Tough noogies for the anti-choicers.
Is someone forcing them to have abortions?

Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't want to pay for viagara, setting broken legs, expensive heart medications, operations, etc.
Unwanted actual people are a drain on society, why not share the burden.

The religious whackaloons want to end planned parenthood and less than 3% of its services are abortion related.
Not going to happen.

Want to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to raise a child, especially one that's unwanted?
The fetus fetishists don't want to support them once they're here.

I look at war as a moral issue, yet I'm required to pay more for war than for anything else.
Tough noogies for the anti-choicers.
Is someone forcing them to have abortions?
Now that you've regurgitated the talking points, will you address the issue.

It's hard enough to get the feds and states to provide 'free' abortions for medically necessary abortions for poor women, when do you think they'll pay for All abortions ?

Until then, why don't the pro-abortionists use their choice to pool their money and provide free abortions. A couple $hundred million/year should do it. Throw in some pills, condoms or better yet a free iud after the abortion.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
Don't you just love it, these religious nuts just love a tub of goo but once its a baby and falls out on the floor its hey kid feed yourself. When you Christians start to take kids free of charge and take care of them maybe you will have a leg to stand on. But with your record of molestation I doubt thats a good thing. LOL Maybe this is why Christians hate the idea of abortion, less kids to molest. LMAO

Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM

34,092 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
When do you see these 'free' abortions happening.
I'd rather not see them happening at all.

I'd much rather see effective education and contraception efforts to avoid those conceptions
altogether along with the likely equal number of other poorly considered and unwanted conceptions
which for various reasons are forced or at least coerced into becoming full term births.

How about if all the anti-choicers did something constructive and far more substantial
than the feints at these... which ironically are similarly against the religious views of many?

Safe... Legal... Rare... Prompt... Free

Rare by means of far better education and use of contraception than we have today.
Aside from the million conceptions lamented so thoroughly in this thread...
there are probably another million similarly ill considered conceptions to be avoided... that aren't.

Prompt because once the diligent, educated try to avoid conception line has been crossed...
and the choice to exercise the right has been made... NO ONE gains from delay.

Free because dealing with the costs are the single largest hindrance to prompt...
(and it's the best use of public funds if/when even available HI won't pay)

The right to make the choice without the ability to exercise it... isn't much of a choice at all.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I'd rather not see them happening at all.

I'd much rather see effective education and contraception efforts to avoid those conceptions
altogether along with the likely equal number of other poorly considered and unwanted conceptions
which for various reasons are forced or at least coerced into becoming full term births.

How about if all the anti-choicers did something constructive and far more substantial
than the feints at these... which ironically are similarly against the religious views of many?

[snip].
We know there will be unwanted pregnancies and abortions. Effective education and contraception, pleas for abstinence and 'personal responsibility', haven't and won't stop them all. So far, can anyone disagree ?

I'd gladly pay through insurance or taxes to subsidize bc, especially the most effective types, such as iud's and moring after pills. But I'm realistic enough to know that won't happen any time soon, and even if it did, failure rates and irresponsible nonuse of available bc means there still are abortions.

If you want abortions to be 'free,' it's not happening any time soon via government programs.

I really have no idea what % of anti-choicers are also against bc. Maybe a higher % than you think would secretly contribute to a choicer-led foundation to provide free bc. If they don't, so what, the choicers would be doing something useful.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM

34,092 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
I'd gladly pay through insurance or taxes to subsidize bc...,
If you want abortions to be 'free,' it's not happening any time soon via government programs.
I want the ability to exercise the right to not be dependent on a few hundred in facility fees.

The specifics of that, the financial mechanics of how that bill is paid, are secondary to the principle.
Those with insurance or helpful families or savings will use those resources.

The question is about those without those benefits.
What about them? The ones that you and I will be paying far more for in other ways?
---

Rare by means of far better education and use of contraception than we have today.
Aside from the million conceptions lamented so thoroughly in this thread...
there are probably another million similarly ill considered conceptions to be avoided... that aren't.

Prompt because once the diligent, educated try to avoid conception line has been crossed...
and the choice to exercise the right has been made... NO ONE gains from delay.

Free because dealing with the costs are the single largest hindrance to prompt...
(and it's the best use of public funds if/when even available HI won't pay)

The right to make the choice without the ability to exercise it... isn't much of a choice at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies