Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most abortions are done before the 7 week point, at which there are no limbs to be ripped apart without pain killer, BTW a fetus does not feel pain until past the 20 week point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
When exactly is that?

So you mean a life is viable only if it can survive with no external help?

Care to clarify?
Read , learn....(or not)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM

724 posts, read 593,446 times
1,000,000 future criminals stopped at the cellular level. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
What a fuss the pro "choice" crowd makes if someone even questions whether abortions should be banned or not.
Why is the killing of one million less significant than the killing of twenty children. This is a sick, sick society if we can't even see the illogic in that.
The more abortions the better in the minds of liberals. When you get down to it it's not about woman's rights it's about population control.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Abortion - Pro Life - Dr. Philip Ney - Abortion Aftermath Research

P: I am very privileged to welcome Dr. Philip Ney, who has done extensive research into the effects of abortion, not only on those who obtain them but on surviving children and on the impact abortion has on our entire society. Dr. Ney, thank you so much for being with us and I look forward to your sharing a little bit about the work you have been doing over the years with post-abortion phenomena. How did you get involved in this work?

N: Good question, Frank. I am a practicing child and family psychiatrist. I am also a child psychologist. And years ago a mother comes to me and she says, "I have this beautiful baby, a wonderful supportive husband, a lovely home, I have had a good delivery and a beautiful pregnancy but I cannot touch this child." And I have been doing research in child abuse and written a number of academic papers, so I have to think, now what is wrong? I mean, all of the things that you would think are right. But still the mother cannot touch her baby. And of course what turns out is that she had had an abortion of her previous pregnancy. So I have then to think what is the connection? Is there any connection between an abortion and later difficulty in bonding to a child? So that is one thing we have been doing research for the last 20 years. And it turns out to be the case.
And some mothers have killed their born children because "God" told them to.

Should we give religious belief a second look too?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
I am prochoice, as we all don't believe the same thing. I personally would not get an abortion, unless the normal reasons of danger to mother at birth was involved.

But I really do wonder how our society will be thought of in a few generations, I mean it is nearly 1 million babies a year. We look back at Nazi germany, and even our own ancestors and slavery.... Obviously to them none of it seemed wrong.

It is all based on how do we define "life". Blacks weren't considered men, they were blacks, Jews were considered less then average humans, they were Jews.

Either way it will be interesting to see if we were one of the most rediculous societies and be known as the baby killery society. I mean God religion, whatever, etc.... there is just something unnatural about killing(I mean terminating) your own child.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
What a fuss the pro "choice" crowd makes if someone even questions whether abortions should be banned or not.
Why is the killing of one million less significant than the killing of twenty children. This is a sick, sick society if we can't even see the illogic in that.
Shooting 20 young human beings is on no level of killing a fetus.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:29 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Shooting 20 young human beings is on no level of killing a fetus.
1 million fetuses?

If you somehow got put in a situation to have to choose, 20 elementary students shot dead, or 1 million babies killed before they are born.

Which would you choose?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM

151 posts, read 183,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
1,000,000 future criminals stopped at the cellular level. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Not all will be criminals but many will be foster care children, abused children, homeless and yes many will end up in jail.

Could a prochoice individual explain their solution after the baby is born? Giving birth is not like In the movies or Mexican soap operas. .. The movie doesn't end once Terminator or Superman saves the baby from abortion and they show the happy mother with the baby in her arms in a hospital bed. Instead an unwanted, unloved baby will be born to a mother who gives 2 rats about that creature.

IF you all are independently wealthy and have the resouces to support more than 18 million children annually(1 millon babies for 18 years) then you have a logical argument, if not you are not thinking about the consequences of your actions, just like those mothers who were too lazy to use birth control.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I am prochoice, as we all don't believe the same thing. I personally would not get an abortion, unless the normal reasons of danger to mother at birth was involved.

But I really do wonder how our society will be thought of in a few generations, I mean it is nearly 1 million babies a year. We look back at Nazi germany, and even our own ancestors and slavery.... Obviously to them none of it seemed wrong.

It is all based on how do we define "life". Blacks weren't considered men, they were blacks, Jews were considered less then average humans, they were Jews.

Either way it will be interesting to see if we were one of the most rediculous societies and be known as the baby killery society. I mean God religion, whatever, etc.... there is just something unnatural about killing(I mean terminating) your own child.
The blacks and Jews were living humans.... a fetus may be human but it isn't a baby.

Abortion has been around since pregnancy has been around , it is not going away.

And to compare it to murder is just stupid and inflammatory....and won't change a thing.....abortion is legal as it should be.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The blacks and Jews were living humans.... a fetus may be human but it isn't a baby.

Abortion has been around since pregnancy has been around , it is not going away.

And to compare it to murder is just stupid and inflammatory....and won't change a thing.....abortion is legal as it should be.
And it's only become a political issue in recent history. Jerry Falwell and some other fundies stumbled upon it as a way to enrich themselves and manipulate their sheep in the 1970s.

Turns out they were right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies