Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

What irks me is the liberal mind that secretly harbors evil - contains MORE evil than the minds of so called gun nuts. They want guns to be gone and lust for that legislation and in the meantime they are lusting to bring the age of consent down...or to have control over children that are not theirs- control over woman that are not their wives - and want to subjugate any man that may get angry about social injustice...or might have righteous indignation about being de-balled by liberality. The so called liberal pacifist appears not to be violent...Violence can lay silent and undetected in the heart and mind...Just because a person does not want guns around does not mean that they are not violent. Violence can be contained in an insincere word and a phony smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM

209 posts, read 240,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody plans on repealing the 2nd. There will just be reasonable restrictions put on it as per the Supreme Court ruling. You wanna sit down and discuss what is reasonable or do you just want the gun grabbers to do it for you?
...shall not be infringed...

Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
There isn't 1 solution, what is the harm with gun control, why can't we require training and background checks for ALL gun sales? Why can't we require all guns to be registered regardless of age? Why can be implement mandatory sentences for any kind of gun violence from registered or unregistered gun owners? Gun control hasn't worked because it has all this loopholes and different state rules, close the loopholes. If you are a law abiding citizen and you want to have a gun, ok fine, but you shouldn't have any kind of criminal history you should be licensed and qualified like a driver's license, you should be responsible for your guns. I personally think you increase the penalties for gun related crimes to a point where is an end game kind of crime you would discourage their use, if you are caught with an unlicensed weapon mandatory 10-15 years, if you are a law abiding citizen who lost his temper and shot at your buddy's car 10-15 yrs. Life sentences for illegal gun dealers. Having more stringent requirements and increasing penalties doesn't violate anyone's so called 2nd amendment rights

Well, the question I have is, would any of the proposals you have made, have prevented these mass shootings?

These shooters passed their background checks. The Newtown shooter, took his mothers guns. The guns were registered. And none of these shooters had criminal records. And weapons training wouldn't have stopped these crimes either, but rather only would have made the killers more proficient at killing.

Nor would heavy penalties for "gun crimes" have stopped these killings. Not in Newtown, not in Aurora, not in Arizona, not in Columbine, not anywhere.

Every single proposal you have made, is totally useless. And all it does is make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to purchase guns.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody plans on repealing the 2nd. There will just be reasonable restrictions put on it as per the Supreme Court ruling. You wanna sit down and discuss what is reasonable or do you just want the gun grabbers to do it for you?
I'm willing to discuss annual mandatory mental health and gun safety courses for all gun owners, as well as waiting periods

I was on campus during the Virginia Tech incident, I find it disturbing that a non-citizen was able to get guns in the first place (this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN period) not to mention he was mentally fit for gun ownership and he had 0 waiting period.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sights_Set View Post
...shall not be infringed...
That and 3.50 will get you a starbucks coffee.

You are aware that the same founding fathers who wrote the constitution also created the Supreme Court to interpret it, arn't you? They said it is an individual right, subject to reasonable restrictions. Somehow I bet you like the individual right part but reject the reasonable restriction part.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I don't know how anyone can look at this temporary bump which is obviously based on sensationalism over one incident and turn it into some type of gun control revolution.
Because ALL historical gun legislation was the result of similar tragedies. Look it up.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, the question I have is, would any of the proposals you have made, have prevented these mass shootings?

These shooters passed their background checks. The Newtown shooter, took his mothers guns. The guns were registered. And none of these shooters had criminal records. And weapons training wouldn't have stopped these crimes either, but rather only would have made the killers more proficient at killing.

Nor would heavy penalties for "gun crimes" have stopped these killings. Not in Newtown, not in Aurora, not in Arizona, not in Columbine, not anywhere.

Every single proposal you have made, is totally useless. And all it does is make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to purchase guns.
Not accurate, the Newton shooter wasn't a licensed gun owner, neither was the Columbine shooter. Tougher penalties for distributing guns could have avoided columbine, a gun locker or rather penalties for not having one could have avoided Newton. What is wrong with making it harder to buy weapons, shouldn't it be hard to buy something that could end a person's life in a split second. Harsh penalties would deter street crime not mass shootings, but we should try to stop all gun violence not just mass shootings.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM

266 posts, read 410,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, I know in the case of one of the teachers in the Newtown shooting. As the gunman started killing people, she huddled her students into closets and cupboards, and basically took the shots of the gunman while trying to protect her students.

Passion of teacher who died protecting students praised - TwinCities.com

If she had enough time to protect her students as she did. She would have had enough time to pull a gun out of her desk drawer. She could have hidden behind her desk, and possibly even have shot the gunman as he walked into her classroom.

But not only could that first-grade teacher have shot the gunman, the other faculty may have also been able to stop him before he could massacre so many people. Instead, you made this woman a sitting duck, waiting for the killer to come take her life.

Look, its simply impossible to get rid of all of the guns. Do you think there aren't guns in Britain? Do you think there aren't guns in Australia? Do you even think there aren't guns in Japan?

The reality is that, guns are going to continue to exist. And with that understanding, the question is, what do you do about it?

If you know a madman might come into your home to kill you. Which would you rather have, a gun or a telephone? I'll take a gun any day.

And there is no way I'm going to put a sign in my front yard, that says gun-free zone. You are advertising to criminals that you can't defend yourself.
I'm not saying that if the teachers had been armed he wouldn't have been stopped sooner but these mass killings are very very rare. These mass killings in schools happen only about every 5 to 10 years. So were basically arming an entire nation of teachers for years to come just to prevent a couple of very rare occurences? If every classroom in the nation has a gun in it there are going to be even more deaths per year due to kids getting ahold of the weapon and firing them, a teacher going crazy, or an accidental discharge then there would have been from these mass killings. Putting a million guns in schools across the country may prevent 20 deaths from a mass murderer but it may cause 100 more deaths from a bunch of different incidents.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Because ALL historical gun legislation was the result of similar tragedies. Look it up.
Yet the tragedies over the past 30 years have done absolutely nothing. We've seen the opposite.

We'll see.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I hate to break it to YOU, but a majority of the entire U.S. population now disagrees with you. Get a clue.

Polling Center: Should there be restrictions on gun ownership? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com
Folks who never fired one should be bound and gagged before being allowed to vote.

Proof retards exsist in masses.

Look at the s*** written on this board.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies