Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,762,141 times

Advertisements

Statement of Purpose: Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics, in theory and in practice, as incompatible with libertarian principles. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to delegitimize the State through education, and we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent on which State power ultimately depends.

I subscribe to all of that minus the non violent part. I will and do become violent when me or my family is threatened and I would fight for secession if need be.

Voluntaryist.com

The website to check out

Voluntaryism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM

13,726 posts, read 9,068,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Statement of Purpose: Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics, in theory and in practice, as incompatible with libertarian principles. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to delegitimize the State through education, and we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent on which State power ultimately depends.

I subscribe to all of that minus the non violent part. I will and do become violent when me or my family is threatened and I would fight for secession if need be.

Voluntaryist.com

The website to check out

Well, aren't you the scary little voluntaryist.

Are there 13 others like you?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 AM

I wasn't trying to be scary. I was asking if anyone else believes in this idea. Try to be a grown up and stop acting like a child when replying or just don't reply. Thanks.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,983,803 times
Nah, I'm just waiting patiently for Greece to happen here. Some of us just love to watch the world burn.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,744,550 times
Quote:

Voluntaryist.com

The website to check out

You cannot go all in on a ideology. The idea of our Republic is to take ideas from different ideologies and apply them where they will work best, when they will work best.

Easier said then done? - obviously.

To say we need to adhere to all libertarian principles or all progressive principles or all conservative principles in order to have a powerful nation is wreckless.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM

Indeed it is. I don't adhere 100% to any ideology. I am very nationalistic and patriotic but I am also a voluntaryist/libertarian on most issues...I won't bat an eye at using violence if its used towards me first or if my life is in danger.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,495,735 times
Quote:
I am very nationalistic and patriotic
Then why do you support secession?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM

I didn't say I was patriotic to the US.My loyalty lies with my family first and my culture second. I love the south always have always will.I am loyal to the south not to the US and its imperialist aims at creating a huge empire on earth.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,744,550 times
Quote:
I didn't say I was patriotic to the US.My loyalty lies with my family first and my culture second. I love the south always have always will.I am loyal to the south not to the US and its imperialist aims at creating a huge empire on earth.
you believe "the south" is its own nation? The south is part of the United States Thanks to Abe Lincoln.

And many northerners would agree with you that America's military interventions are completely out of control.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,625,273 times
i think voluntaryism is a stupid word and refuse to use it. whats wrong with just using anarchist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies