Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:02 AM

768 posts, read 1,088,285 times

Advertisements

This link is suggested for the select few here at CD who truly believe in liberty and individual rights. They are the ones who truly understand and embrace the idea presented here:

voluntaryist.com (http://www.voluntaryist.com/forthcoming/declarationofseparation.php - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 09:41 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Good stuff in principle, but in my view, impractical for the world we live in today. There is just not enough personal responsibility demonstrated, nor wisdom possessed to expect such liberty to succeed outside a small scale gathering of like minds.

Though I hope the sampling is sufficiently small as to not reflect a broader consensus, the opinions and rationales I've come to expect from a very large segment here on CD are rather disturbing, relative to the possibility of an acceptable level of liberty, let alone such an idealistic version.

At least half, if not more seem to not only embrace a slave like mentality, but a deep desire to force such upon the rest who disagree.

In my entire lifetime of 52 years, I've never seen a more dramatic division between people to include such common themes as war, torture, aggression, theft and dishonesty which historically enjoyed majority opposition.

Rather than moving closer to universal understanding of right and wrong, I feel we are on the verge of a full scale war between good and evil, and of wisdom and unfathomable ignorance.

And as the Texas comedian, Ron White would say, "You just can't fix stupid".

Old 04-16-2010, 09:47 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
This link is suggested for the select few here at CD who truly believe in liberty and individual rights. They are the ones who truly understand and embrace the idea presented here:

voluntaryist.com (http://www.voluntaryist.com/forthcoming/declarationofseparation.php - broken link)

Here's the Reader's Digest version...

"We're SO oppressed!"

Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
#11 of "beliefs" is the real problem. The tyrants amongst us will never understand why those who believe in freedom just won't accept their divine place of deity among men. And as history has shown over and over again, their mentality will continue to use force upon the innocent, and when that fails as it always does eventually, they will resort to widespread murder in order to get their way.

Thanks for the link, but you know that the tyrants will never acknowledge the evil of any and all of their systems. These ideas are not new, they are just rejected by those who believe themselves superior to their fellow man. One has to look no further than the vilification of any advocate of real freedom for mankind. In the tyrant species there will always be "justifications" for imposing their will upon everyone else through force rather than having to reach voluntary agreement.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:13 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post

"We're SO oppressed!"
Wow, such insight. Such analysis. Did you think for all of 15 seconds before you replied the way you did?

What exactly is in that piece that you disagree with? Was it the part about people should be free to do whatever they wish? Was it the part about being responsible for your own actions? Was it the part about believing that all humans should be seen and treated as equals, especially in matters of justice? Was it the part about accpeting the human condition and that no one political philosophy can possibly cure societies ills (because they can't you know)?

OR

Was it the part about no man has a right to the life, liberty or property of another. Money is property. I earned it - not you, the neighbors, someone across the city, state or country, and certainly not the government. It belongs to me and I do not feel obliged to share with it any of you. It is for my family and those I chose to give it to, which in the case of charities, are exclusively Native American charities. I also give directly to individuals in my tribe. I do not wish to help anyone else out, unless it strikes me to do so.

The whole concept that many people do not wish to have the fruits of their labor coercively confiscated and then given to people who, quite frankly, I could give a crap less about, really pisses some off....usually recipients of said confiscated property.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Wow, such insight. Such analysis. Did you think for all of 15 seconds before you replied the way you did?

What exactly is in that piece that you disagree with? Was it the part about people should be free to do whatever they wish? Was it the part about being responsible for your own actions? Was it the part about believing that all humans should be seen and treated as equals, especially in matters of justice? Was it the part about accpeting the human condition and that no one political philosophy can possibly cure societies ills (because they can't you know)?

OR

Was it the part about no man has a right to the life, liberty or property of another. Money is property. I earned it - not you, the neighbors, someone across the city, state or country, and certainly not the government. It belongs to me and I do not feel obliged to share with it any of you. It is for my family and those I chose to give it to, which in the case of charities, are exclusively Native American charities. I also give directly to individuals in my tribe. I do not wish to help anyone else out, unless it strikes me to do so.

The whole concept that many people do not wish to have the fruits of their labor coercively confiscated and then given to people who, quite frankly, I could give a crap less about, really pisses some off....usually recipients of said confiscated property.
But these same crybabies seem to think it's OK if a private corporation exploits and rips off people.

I think all these whiney Americans who gripe endlessly about government oppression need to get a grip.

We Americans have it really good. There's nowhere else I'd rather live.

You?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
I think all these whiney Americans who gripe endlessly about government oppression need to get a grip.

We Americans have it really good. There's nowhere else I'd rather live.

You?
People who actually believe in expanding human freedom are "whiners" now. I would think that our country began with people who wanted to expand human freedom. What is more American than seeking greater freedom? Maybe the people who support the link could just be the only real "progressives" or "liberals" in the country.

If we simply accept that being thugs through government towards our fellow man, we really haven't left the caves of prehistoric man in our relationships with one another.

Just out of curiosity, what was so offensive to you in the link? Is there anything in there that would force you to do anything? Or is the absence of using force against other what you are against?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:

"We're SO oppressed!"

I rest my case.

Classic example of the 8 year old adults on this board I was referring too. And it took how long for YOU to surface?

Sadly typical of the single digit IQ

Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post

Is this like your refrigerator door email that turned out to be 100% bogus as factcheck.org showed us?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:44 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Nation states are relatively new. Anyone who truly believes the Voluntaryist "Declaration of Separation" will break all ties with the nation-state, renounce their citizenship, and burn their passport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies