Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support an assault weapons ban?
Yes 38 33.63%
No 75 66.37%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:33 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
There will be no ban..... Obama, ass usual is tawkin' out his ass. The best he can do is make some stupid executive order. Yawn.......

If congress tries they will all go home and in the meantime just create a bigger mess.

Then go home.....
Looks like Congress just told Boner and 0bama to stick it...

Hopefully they will demand an end to this farce, these closed door meetings are not the way it's supposed to work....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 06:33 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,182 times
Wow, that's pretty telling. 72% of folks on City Data don't support a ban. Based on all of threads lately, I would have thought it was closer to 50/50. I voted no, by the way.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
No.

I went to the gun store today. 2 hour wait!!! I am about to put an AR on layaway lol.

People were walking out with boxes and boxes of ammo. Damn I wish I had that amount of money to blow now but sadly I am broke at the present time.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Looks like Congress just told Boner and 0bama to stick it...

Hopefully they will demand an end to this farce, these closed door meetings are not the way it's supposed to work....
Obama is going to be hearing a lot of NO, just like last time. No is his legacy. That and the fact he is the best gun salesman the world has known in the 21st century so far and he's just getting started now

If he plays this right he might even make that 17 trillion bucks we all need... On the other hand, if he take his golf ball and goes off to play another 400+ rounds, well not much will get done.

We really need to buckle down and get this mentally ill issue settled. It boring, but it must be done along with that 17 trillion bucks.

Do you think anyone would pay anything like to own Obama? I think selling him would serve him right for his racist ways.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:50 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Reference:
Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges.

Politicians defined the rifle type of assault weapon as a semiautomatic firearm with the ability to accept a detachable magazine and two or more of the following:

■ a folding or telescoping stock
■ a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
■ a bayonet mount
■ a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
■ a grenade launcher

The assault weapons ban did not restrict weapons capable of fully automatic fire, such as assault rifles and machine guns, which have been continuously and heavily regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934 was passed.

It is perfectly LEGAL to own assault RIFLES (real military grade) and machine guns as long as you comply with regs and PAY THE TAX.
.................................................. ...........
In summation, the original AWB was a political stunt to remove "scary" guns without any real military functionality.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Obama is going to be hearing a lot of NO, just like last time. No is his legacy. That and the fact he is the best gun salesman the world has known in the 21st century so far and he's just getting started now

If he plays this right he might even make that 17 trillion bucks we all need... On the other hand, if he take his golf ball and goes off to play another 400+ rounds, well not much will get done.

We really need to buckle down and get this mentally ill issue settled. It boring, but it must be done along with that 17 trillion bucks.

Do you think anyone would pay anything like to own Obama? I think selling him would serve him right for his racist ways.
Praise GOD and pass the Ammunition

I thought they were gonna mint 3 one Trillion dollar coins to solve the problem??? We will see their nowhere near done yet...

Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No.

I went to the gun store today. 2 hour wait!!! I am about to put an AR on layaway lol.

People were walking out with boxes and boxes of ammo. Damn I wish I had that amount of money to blow now but sadly I am broke at the present time.
Which gun store? Which gun too for that matter...... Don't act like you are in any hurry.... There will be plenty of time even if there is talk of a ban. During Biden's last so called Ban I bought 2 AK's off the gun store shelf.

Have you considered AK's?

I was planning on a Ar-10 a month ago from the shop in N Conway.. They are building some nice guns, and if you can go there and see. White Mountain Fire Arms. They carry Bushmaster too.

Speaking of bushy's I just looked them up and they must have moved since i am sure once they were outfitted in Maine.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Reference:

The US Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges.

Politicians defined the rifle type of assault weapon as a semiautomatic firearm with the ability to accept a detachable magazine and two or more of the following:

■ a bayonet mount
■ a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
■ a grenade launcher

The assault weapons ban did not restrict weapons capable of fully automatic fire, such as assault rifles and machine guns, which have been continuously and heavily regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934 was passed.

It is perfectly LEGAL to own assault RIFLES (real military grade) and machine guns as long as you comply with regs and PAY THE TAX.
In summation, the original AWB was a political stunt to remove "scary" guns without any real military functionality.
They don't care if it's a freaking squirt gun, it's all about control...

Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Praise GOD and pass the Ammunition

I thought they were gonna mint 3 one Trillion dollar coins to solve the problem??? We will see their nowhere near done yet...
That's a riot....... if you see the prototype be sure to let me know. I am willing to bet silver coin that these Trillion Coins will be made of 99.999% pure unobtainium, and of not 99.999% pure BS !

I had guessed about this before to tell the truth. I thought it would brown paper notes with Obama's likeness on each one... And of a fairly soft roll of paper.......... This way Obama could kiss my ass everyday ........ and maybe make some of that debt he owes back..

Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Reference:

■ a bayonet mount
■ a grenade launcher

Naw...... My Yugo underfolder meets too many of those.

The stock is a underfolder, it has a bayonet, it has a grenade launcher ability, but i have no right to grenades. It has a muzzle brake too.......

It IS a semi auto, just like any other neutered semi auto..... I bought that all legal too....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies