Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
To paraphrase the gun nuts who think mental illness registries is the answer: We already have registries for sex offenders. How is that working for you?
Why don't we have armed police in schools?

We have them in other government institutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In a school? I don't feel the same way. Not that they aren't the good guys - but I don't want my child to grow up in a country where he has to feel an armed policeman carrying a gun is necessary in order to feel safe in his own school. I still get nervous around armed guards and policemen when I see them in the airport or the subway. But in my child's school? No. I don't want that.
Evil people and criminals will not follow rules. The only way to stop such people is an armed good person.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The NRA wants a registry for the mentally ill --- but not a registry for gun nuts like Nancy Lanza amassing a stockpile of weapons and ammunition.
...and taking her nutso son target practicing to build his confidence.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did anyone really have any expectation that the NRA was going to say anything worth listening to?

I sure didn't.
They have a job. Their members have charged them with finding a way to argue that "easier access to more guns" is the solution to every problem they're commenting on. Their members need reassurance that they can't possibly be part of the problem, and the NRA dutifully delivers. It's a living. Admittedly, it's the sort of living that requires you to deposit your sense of ethics at home, but that never stopped a certain sort of individual.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
We should ban women then right?

Every year:
13,000 people murdered with guns outside the uterus is a horrible, terrible thing, ban all guns.
1.21 million people murdered in the uterus is a womans 'right'

I mean you got to admit, this really is a huge contradicition.
I'm pretty sure I will never understand pro choice/anti gun person with these views.

Here is a great question, Say a guy shoots a woman that is 5 months pregnant and she dies. Did the bad guy kill 1 or two?

Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
If the NRA wants armed guards in every school, the NRA should pay for them.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In a school? I don't feel the same way. Not that they aren't the good guys - but I don't want my child to grow up in a country where he has to feel an armed policeman carrying a gun is necessary in order to feel safe in his own school. I still get nervous around armed guards and policemen when I see them in the airport or the subway. But in my child's school? No. I don't want that.
Why does the president, gov institutions & politicians have armed law enforcement officers?

Lets take them away too while we are at it. Seems like a good idea since we all will be safe from crazy people without guns.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
If the NRA wants armed guards in every school, the NRA should pay for them.
It should come from the Government, not a private group.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Maybe because if we take away the security from say Obama crazy people like yourself would more than likely shoot him to "protect there freedom"
Exactly.

That is why we need arm law enforcement.

Crazies will think twice before going on a rampage.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I figured the NRA would come out very humble and offer to help write some new laws and support a ban on assault rifles. But they want to throw gasoline on the fire with more guns.

That's fine, they made a choice. Now Obama will break them. You watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies