Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Very near the top of the list of places I would NEVER try to take a gun is Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times

Who doctored that? ABC?

All of us in the know....KNOW it's BS!

I could point you to at least 50 at any given time.

Start with the guy ahead of me in line at Wal-mart who can't even speak basic English.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
That's why he took the time to fill out paperwork with OUR guys first.....duh!

WARNING ILLEGAL TO CARRY FIREARMS / AMMUNITION INTO MEXICO
PENALTY - PRISON BY MEXICAN LAW

Where does it say "Unless you fill out paperwork?

By your logic, if someone enters the US from another country, with paperwork from their country. They they should be able to disregard US laws, as long as their paperwork from their country gives them permission?

Is it that difficult for you to understand that US paperwork is meaningless in Mexico?

Please don't ever travel outside the US if you can't understand that different countries have different laws.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naah; it speaks to the fact that a lot of the U.S. border patrol are Mexican ex-pats. Next time you're in AZ, CA or TX and have the opportunity to get up close with any of them at one of the vegetable inspection stations where they run the sniffer dogs past your vehicle; you'll notice they're virtually all Hispanic and perhaps a disproportionate number even coming from Mexico.

Now why would they give a rat's patoot about giving you the straight dope as to whether you,as a couple of white, ex marine, societal drop-outs, driving a 20 year old Mo/Ho on your way through to Costa Rica can take a firearm into Mexico? Duuuh!

They probably called ahead to give the Mx guys the heads up while giggling on the phone...
There are naturalized (to U.S. citizenship) Mexicans in the Border Patrol and CBP, but almost all of the time, it is native-born Hispanics. Attributing that Hispanic agents and officers are more inclined to corruption or toying with other ethnicities is also false. These are (mostly) professional individuals that do a dangerous and demanding job.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Then I want the illegal alien who was driving without a drivers license and insurance who hit my co-worker's truck and ran chained to a bed and beaten.

He got off free and clear because the LEO didn't see him do it and there were no witnesses. My buddy even followed the son of a b*tch back to the place he lived or was staying. The damage is right there he said...that's even my paint on his car.

LEO..."Sorry...I didn't see him do it and there were no witnesses".

Should have drug him out of that house ourselves, beat him senseless and deported him back where he belongs.
So how did you know he didn't have a driver's license or insurance? Or was an "illegal alien"? It sounds like a contrived story.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:22 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Apparently Florida Senator Bill Nelson got involved and made a direct appeal for his release. This is good news.

Ex-Marine To Be Released From Mexican Jail Friday « CBS Miami
It's good to see that we have some elected officials with some honor and decency. Any that did not work for this man's release should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So how did you know he didn't have a driver's license or insurance? Or was an "illegal alien"? It sounds like a contrived story.
A 1998 Chevy 3500 plate number xxxxxxx disagrees with you.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's good to see that we have some elected officials with some honor and decency. Any that did not work for this man's release should be ashamed of themselves.
VERY ashamed of themselves.

Who else would do $3,500 damage and take off like it never happened?

No one legit would....we'd be in jail, but not those bastards.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and another lib who has absolutely no compassion for anyone who might not agree with him? I really am totally shocked, but I guess I shouldn't be. he did check in case you haven't heard, but even he hadn't, do you think chaining someone to a bed is called for?
He was chained to a bed because he was kept outside the general population of whatever sh.thole prison he was in. Which do you think he'd prefer?

This is really simple: Every scrap of information available makes it clear that bringing firearms into Mexico is really emphatically recommended against. If you persist, the paperwork has to be filed with the Mexican consulate in advance, it's not handled at the border. Did he get bad advice from US Customs? Possibly. Then again, we don't know what was said - they might have assumed that he'd actually done his homework.

Other countries are intense about firearms. It's quite on par with the US attitude towards drug smuggling. And no customs agent in the history of forever has accepted "Oops, I didn't know that was contraband. My bad. We cool?" If you can't be bothered to deal with that, you shouldn't travel.

Dumbass mistake.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:37 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Apparently Florida Senator Bill Nelson got involved and made a direct appeal for his release. This is good news.

Ex-Marine To Be Released From Mexican Jail Friday « CBS Miami
Yeah, this has already been posted.

You were whining and crying about it last week. The Obama administration was quietly working behind the scenes and got it done.

All the while the morons on Faux news were screaming and crying and setting themselves on fire like a typical republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies