Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:41 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
All I caught from that was retail spending increased 0.7% and that's somehow a bad thing.
I think the OP misunderstood what was being reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yep and sales this year are the worst since 2008 stop blaming bush for the now.
Sales this year are NOT the "worst" since 2008. It's just the smallest INCREASE since 2008 (which actually saw a DECREASE). You REALLY need to learn how to read.

Ken

Quote:
Yep and sales this year are the worst since 2008 stop blaming bush for the now.
heh-heh....wjwet, you brough up bush. No one blamed him

9,855 posts, read 15,201,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Bush DID leave Obama with a BAD ECONOMY.

What part of the crash of late 2008 do you NOT remember?

Ken
You do realize that the economy in 2008 was caused by a buildup of several decades of poor policies, don't you? I am not a fan of bush, but he hardly caused the economic conditions we saw in 2008. He didn't help correct things, but they were hardly his fault.

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
And yet STILL an INCREASE - and overall holiday sales are MORE than ANY year of the Bush Administration.
The peak year for holiday sales under Bush was 2007. They were lower than that in 2008 and again in 2009 (though UP from 2008) and in 2010 they surpassed the peak Bush year of 2007, then 2011 surpassed even 2010 and 2012 is passing 2011. So 2010, 2011 AND 2012 are ALL going to surpass the BEST year (in total Holiday Retail Sales) of the Bush Administration - even WITH a smaller increase than expected this year.

http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/wp...12-Oct2012.png

Ken
You hide behind Orwellian new speak. The trick of the left

Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Partisan comments? You,...the automatic-Republican-hater,...accuse someone else of making "partisan comments"? Freakin' laughable,...but not unusual.
Yes, read the post I replied to and see a partisan comment in every sentence. It is what it is bubba.

Quote:
If you can't see Obama's political pandering in the "tax-the-rich" scheme, then you are dumber than a box of rocks.
And you continue here

Quote:
Also,...the payroll tax cuts that Obama trots out as an "tax increase to the middle class" was HIS OWN proposal, yet now he somehow tries to blame it on the republicans.
And here

See what I mean?

Quote:
This fiscal "crisis" cannot be solved without everyone sharing the pain. The rich can't be taxed enough to even pay the interest on the debt, so let's go over the cliff and let EVERYONE share in the pain. Let the tax increases ALL go up.
So, you are for tax hikes.

I think there are other ways, but maybe that's just me.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
More nonsense. Don't you folks EVER learn?

The increase in holiday sales WAS a small increase - and thus disappointing, but it WAS an INCREASE. That's a far cry from the economy "crashing" (and the shopping season is not yet over). The fact is there's just a lot of uncertainty right now - with the fiscal "cliff" (not really a "cliff" at all) and the massive hurricane damage in the NE - but the fiscal "cliff" issue WILL be resolved and the economy will continue to move forward (as it has done for the past 3 years).

You clowns have been predicting doom and gloom for the past 4 years - and none of it has happened - no runaway inflation under Obama, no crashing stock market under Obama, no plunging dollar under Obama, etc, ect, etc.

Since the initial mess left for him when he was sworn-in in 2009, things have gradually been getting better - and will likely continue to do so.

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
heh-heh....wjwet, you brough up bush. No one blamed him
i disagree i brought it up . But over the years you have used personal attacks so back to ignore

Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
You hide behind Orwellian new speak. The trick of the left
No, you just apparently fail at reading comprehension.

Even failing to comprehend Orwell's 1984. Which is assigned to 6th graders.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
From an onlooker: You folks were borrowing to perform things like prosecuting a military engagement in the Mid-East while at the same time luxuriating in tax cuts with Bushy in office.

Borrowing money to pay the interest on a debt would sink any individual into bankruptcy in short order.

Obama knows he's in a "lose - lose" scenario. Being no dummy political-wise means he knows that mild tax reform to hurt everyone won't do a damn thing to correct the "screen-door-on-the-submarine-dive you're about to experience. He also knows that he will be held to account for the results of whatever is imposed. He knows he will not be the President when the real chit hits the fan. SOOOOOO.

Do nothing and let the chips fall where they may is the course of least negative impact to him. He can then claim he tried and the GOP drove a spike through every one of his offerings.

What's needed to stop the hemorrhaging is massive tax increases across the board coupled with massive spending cuts to all sectors of the budget but that ain't ever gonna happen with the compliance of the public so...... you are where you're at and there you shall remain until you drop your childish acrimony, unite and tell your stupid leaders to stop with the self-serving, sand box, lefty, righty bullcrap!

A time for the citizens to show leadership to their phony leaders has come but will you take up the challenge and light up the switch boards....NOPE.....you're all hoping this will just go away, as has every other real challenge you've ever faced.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

I'm curious to see what obummer's real plan is. If he were concerned with the middle class or the economy he would not let the Bush tax cuts expire. The fact he's willing to do so tells me he has an agenda. I just don't know what it is or how bad it will be.
All along, Obama has been and continues to be willing to sign off on extending the Bush tax cuts for the first $250K in anyone's earned income, while continuing to negotiate the rest.

Any meaningful spending cuts are limited to Defence and Medicare/Medicaid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies