Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Gun nuts are insane. I don't know about this father, but the reality is that bullets don't have names on them.

These gun nuts in an emergency situation would be just as big a danger to the public as the would be killer.

Can you imagine having 2 idiots firing bullets into a crowd of screaming people.

These gun nuts are full of fantasies. They really think it is gonna be like the movies, where you take the bad guy out with no collateral damage.

It is frightening how many adults are in the grips of bs fantasies that will get more people injured/killed.
much better to have one so called idiot free to kill kids so the left thinking goes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Gun nuts are insane. I don't know about this father, but the reality is that bullets don't have names on them.

These gun nuts in an emergency situation would be just as big a danger to the public as the would be killer.

Can you imagine having 2 idiots firing bullets into a crowd of screaming people.

These gun nuts are full of fantasies. They really think it is gonna be like the movies, where you take the bad guy out with no collateral damage.

It is frightening how many adults are in the grips of bs fantasies that will get more people injured/killed.
No bigger gun nut than the state.
google how much ammo federal agencies have purchased over the past year, or how many guns the IRS has purchased, or how many weapons it has given to insurgents...

Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
much better to have one so called idiot free to kill kids so the left thinking goes

No the reality is that guns are not what keep children or the rest of us safe.

I am 39yrs old. I have never used a gun to keep myself safe and yet I have never been a victim of a crime.

I grew up in what many would consider to be dangerous neighborhoods. Yet I was never a victim of crime and never used a gun to "protect" myself. How is that possible?

As citizens we wouldn't want to live in a world where actually had to defend ourselves with a gun.

That is not protection that is a crap shoot. Hoping that you are a better shot than your would be killers.

A society in which that becomes the manner in which citizens protect themselves is a dying dysfunctional society.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No bigger gun nut than the state.
google how much ammo federal agencies have purchased over the past year, or how many guns the IRS has purchased, or how many weapons it has given to insurgents...

I agree ultimately, the violence of the US government is tied into the violence of the American people.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:00 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
I agree ultimately, the violence of the US government is tied into the violence of the American people.
you agree it is violent and therefore poses a threat to the people, which is ultimately the reason for the 2nd

Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:

I am 39yrs old. I have never used a gun to keep myself safe and yet I have never been a victim of a crime.

I grew up in what many would consider to be dangerous neighborhoods. Yet I was never a victim of crime and never used a gun to "protect" myself. How is that possible?

As citizens we wouldn't want to live in a world where actually had to defend ourselves with a gun.

That is not protection that is a crap shoot. Hoping that you are a better shot than your would be killers.

A society in which that becomes the manner in which citizens protect themselves is a dying dysfunctional society.
the only time a person like you will wish he had a gun is the one time he is shot and he had no answer but death. As you lay dieing you can think if I had a gun and took the time to know how to protect myself I would be alive for my family. then it is too late . So we that choose to have guns and use them for protection have a much better chance to survive a nut case shooting at us.
when a nut case comes after your family you have two options bravely stand in from of your family and get killed hoping your death will stop the nut from killing them as you lay dead, or a gun owner has the chance to stop the shooter before he does anymore damage.
Hopefully that will never happen to you. The difference is on the slight chance it does your dead and did nothing to stop the carnage a gun owner has a chance to stop the nut case , your dead no chance that stops him

Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
you agree it is violent and therefore poses a threat to the people, which is ultimately the reason for the 2nd
So, law enforcement and military is the new threat? And yet some want them in every school. Go figure.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,936,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the left just hate fathers who try to protect their kids.
So being shot first is protecting your child? Good call.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:

Lol, No, I don't agree with that as the reason for the 2nd amendment. I think such a position is insane given the power of our military.

Again, conservatives many of whom express this very fear of the government never the less support huge government spending on the military.

We take a huge amount of American resources and citizens and dedicate those to the military, that is why our military is so powerful.

Most conservatives are in favor of this. So to turn around and say hey we need guns because we might have to fight the military that we have made nearly all powerful is insane thinking.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So being shot first is protecting your child? Good call.
If it comes to that yes.I lost my kid in 1979 I would gladly to have died to let her live.
I marine being a deterrent because of care for his kids is being criticized by the loony left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies