Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Dr. Lee, who took over his father's practice some time ago, says he has to close his private practice and go with a clinic because of all the federal and insurance demands about record keeping. He says he will take his patient records with him but can't afford to keep the required records without the help of a clinic.

Another Private Doctor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM

420 posts, read 335,440 times
In other news. A baby was born, and someone died.

Private practices are opened and closed every day, for a plethora of reasons. So what?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Dr. Lee states, “I am not sure if it is 100 percent related to government, as much as it is also the health insurance companies. They tend to have a lot of factors in there that make you do things like pre-authorizations, which increase your administrative time.”

But keep on saying it's Obamacare, Roy.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Dr. Lee states, “I am not sure if it is 100 percent related to government, as much as it is also the health insurance companies. They tend to have a lot of factors in there that make you do things like pre-authorizations, which increase your administrative time.”

But keep on saying it's Obamacare, Roy.
Until what Obamacare says about insurance companies and tries to force employers to provide health insurance for their employees I can't see anything else to do. Of course, you don't intend to mention the record keeping enforced on those people in order to get the records in Washington, DC under federal control.

Come on lady, try to admit that this man is very right. My doctor couldn't have a private practice so has to work in a clinic where the hospital pays for record keeping. Of course, leaners can't see what this causes and is meant to cause.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
In other news. A baby was born, and someone died.

Private practices are opened and closed every day, for a plethora of reasons. So what?
Few private practices are opened any more for the very reason that Dr. Lee said he had to close down. I really wonder if any of you leaners understand how much record keeping has to be done for insurance companies.

Can you tell me the overt work done in Obamacare to drive doctors out of private practice and destroy the insurance companies? I don't think you really know a lot about Obamacare and insurance companies.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Dr. Lee, who took over his father's practice some time ago, says he has to close his private practice and go with a clinic because of all the federal and insurance demands about record keeping. He says he will take his patient records with him but can't afford to keep the required records without the help of a clinic.

Another Private Doctor
Roy, doctors charge an arm and a leg....way more than insurance allows. I don't feel a bit sorry for him because he probably abuses the system. How hard is it to keep records...what a scam He's part of the problem. Why do I need to go to the doctor for results of a test when they can tell me over the phone. But oh no, they wouldn't get my money if they did that.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 PM

420 posts, read 335,440 times
Quote:
Few private practices are opened any more for the very reason that Dr. Lee said he had to close down. I really wonder if any of you leaners understand how much record keeping has to be done for insurance companies.

Can you tell me the overt work done in Obamacare to drive doctors out of private practice and destroy the insurance companies? I don't think you really know a lot about Obamacare and insurance companies.
Correct. I know little about either, but what I really want to know is; what's a 'leaner?' Are we playing horseshoes?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:

Records are kept by the office staff not the doctor. Doctors have nothing to do with that.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Roy, doctors charge an arm and a leg....way more than insurance allows. I don't feel a bit sorry for him because he probably abuses the system. How hard is it to keep records...what a scam He's part of the problem. Why do I need to go to the doctor for results of a test when they can tell me over the phone. But oh no, they wouldn't get my money if they did that.
Who said it was hard? It's very time consuming and a full time job. In a busy practice, it inflates the overhead.

Getting your results over the phone or in person has nothing to do with it.

Your doc charges you for going over test results? You need to find a new physician.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,410 times
Quote:

Another Private Doctor

Yes, he can "afford" to keep the required records. He could afford to go to medical school and he can use all of the money he saved when his father handed him his practice some time ago instead of having to start his own, and use that money to keep the required records.

Amazing sometimes what people claim to not be able to afford to do. He needs to have his license to practice medicine revoked. Anyone that lies like that and/or claims to not be able to keep records should not be attempting to take care of sick people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies