Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,511,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
I got promoted 6X over my working life so far and guess what........In America today that means ****. If you don't believe me do some research,start in 1971 and go forward and see what I should be making compared to cost of living and what most of us do make. I know you want though because if you could understand that you would have never had the opinion that you do.
And it's all Mitt Romeny's fault you don't make enough money.

You sound a bit cry-babyish to me.:crying :

And greedy. Gimmie mine. I been working since 1971. Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Patience.

Demographic trends are sweeping the nation. The GOP recently lost Florida and Virginia, next up North Carolina. You'll see the trends effect Presidential elections first, then Senators, then House members.

They have no answer for this. They'll try to form some coalition with blacks/hispanics who want to bash gays and pregnant women but it won't be enough.

The heart and soul of GOP loyalty is centered around the nativism of white men. If they give that up, the GOP as we know it will cease to exist.

They already are voting for a party that is leading the push to cut their Social Security, there is nothing that will pull these fools away.

They'll just slowly fade away over the Decades.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,559,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The 'gay agenda' as you call it is equal rights; in this case, marriage equality and legal rights pertaining to relationships. Pretty basic to all populations. Doesn't matter if you're gay, black, Jewish, or left-handed, you are entitled to basic human rights and legal protection.

Global warming affects everyone; doesn't matter what your political beliefs are. It doesn't discriminate.

Fiscal problems in the government were caused by the Bush Administration cutting taxes for the wealthy and at the same time massively spending on wars without properly budgeting for them. They were also of course caused by the elimination of Glass-Steagal during the Clinton administration and deregulation in general. Bad fiscal management and decisions based on ideology and greed.

Basically we currently have conservatives (Democrats), libertarians (Republicans), and a few liberals (Bernie Sanders, Keith Ellison, etc.). So I don't know what this fiscal agreement will look like, but with the right-wing in charge of it I'm not looking forward to it.
gays have equal right their evil "people" looking for special rights.

as a Jews I am extremely offended by you comparing gays attempts to undermine the basic moral structure of this country to antisemitism .

your statement reeks of antisemitism and racism.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:34 PM

61 posts, read 58,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and we should all take what we read on the Maddow blog as the gospal truth?
Here's the original conservative source if you're interested:

All I Want for Christmas Is a New GOP - The Daily Beast

Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
gays have equal right their evil "people" looking for special rights.

as a Jews I am extremely offended by you comparing gays attempts to undermine the basic moral structure of this country to anti semetisim.
Gays have as much right to government sanctioned marriage as you do. That's no more a special right than you have. And since they are born gay, just as a Jews is born a jew....Comparing anti-semitism and gay bashing is very apt.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Against everything but military expansion and monetary collapse. When it comes to those two issues, both sides seem to be working together.
^^^ this

all that other "Nothing on taxes. Nothing on gun control. Nothing on climate change. Nothing on gay marriage. Nothing on immigration reform" rhetoric can die....

THAT'S the real distraction....

Old 12-29-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, they are not going to win seats in Congress with just 1% of the nation voting for them.
the richest people in America vote Democrat.

it's the middle and upper middle class that vote republican

Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Gays have as much right to government sanctioned marriage as you do. That's no more a special right than you have. And since they are born gay, just as a Jews is born a jew....Comparing anti-semitism and gay bashing is very apt.
To compare not changing basic moral decency and not destroying a concept that is way older then this country's founding for a group of people who CHOOSE to live a immoral and dangerous life style to antisemitism, is a example of antisemitism.

PS. the gay "community" is one of the most antisemitic "communities" in America.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:18 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,787,585 times
I just think the republican message has gotten so clouded the general public thinks we are all right wing gun loving enthusiasts.

I am fiscal conservative republican who is against the death penalty (although I believe in some caning as a deterrent), support gay marriages, support the second amendment rights (although I do not own or have no desire to own a gun).

The republican message should be
1. Explain to the public that the Democrats aren't going to stop at just taxing the top 2%. Explain to the public that Obama has already gone on record and stated that's just a start of the increased taxation.
2. Confront Obama on what he wants when the taxes and the supposed spending cuts don't add up? What's Obama's next plan?

This lays the trap to corner the Democrats for the 2014 mid term election.

It's pretty simple. And republicans haven't got the message across to the public who are only shellfish about "what's in it for them". They see that taxes will raise for the top 2% and not them. So the Dems have gotten their message across.

But Republicans have done a horrible job with explaining to the public that Obama's numbers will not add up and they will end up with higher taxes themselves. Force the Dems into a situation where taxes will raise for everyone if they don't get what they want for the fiscal cliff deal. Cut your losses today to win the battle in 2014.

That's how they took the house in 2010 mid term. They lost the health care battle but won the house cause they got their message across.

As for gun control. Explain to the public 2nd amendment is part of bill of rights. Nothing coud have stopped the shooter. No legislation short of repealing the 2nd amendment altogether.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They don't consider the middle class part of their constituency these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies