Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It didn't bother me, and that's my point: why should it bother me?
That's one of our biggest problems .... people who aren't bothered by the outrageous behavior of government. That's why we have so much of it. First, it's the belt and contents of your pockets. Then it's your shoes. Then it's hands down your pants, and the fondling of your wife's or daughter's breasts .... that's why it should bother you.

Now listen up, and listen good .... the goal is confiscation .... listen to the words straight out of the troll's own treasonous filthy pie hole:

Diane Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube

Right now, guns purchased from Federally licensed dealers may be "registered ... but not private transfers and purchases, by private party or gun shows, which the criminals want to do away with. Make all such transactions illegal, then the federal government controls all sources of firearms for law abiding citizens, and only Federally Licensed dealers will exist .. until such time as that they no longer exist, or become restricted to the point of creating an artificial shortage or back log or licensing becomes to cumbersome or costly to stay in business and such dealers simply disappear.

It's just like the con artists and liars to claim no foul ... "hey, we're not infringing on your right to own a firearm ... just because the sources for purchasing those firearms have all gone out of business is just a matter of commerce and open market freedom, and there is no law requiring the government to guarantee your access to firearm purchases."

Secondly, and most importantly, this new type of "registration" requiring fingerprints and other personal data will build a very helpful list for when the traitorous troll and her accomplices pass unconstitutional bans and confiscation of weapons .... they won't have to go door to door, they can just send you a letter, giving you 10 days to turn in your firearms or face felony arrest. Then they won't just be coming for your guns .. but for you.

We're facing these types of nightmarish scenarios because apparently the populace lacks the intellectual capacity that might best be described as "barely above imbecile" necessary to realize this relatively obvious crap all by themselves, and need it explained to them.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That's one of our biggest problems .... people who aren't bothered by the outrageous behavior of government.
It is funny people pretend to be outraged about registeration, but they can't explain why. I am not saying I support Feinstains idea, but at the same time I don't see why I should be bothered by having to register my guns. No one has been able to explain what is so outrageous about it

Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
It is funny people pretend to be outraged about registeration, but they can't explain why. I am not saying I support Feinstains idea, but at the same time I don't see why I should be bothered by having to register my guns. No one has been able to explain what is so outrageous about it
You apparently can't read either .. because I think I explained it clearly. IT IS A PERFECT SYSTEM TO CREATE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST FOR FUTURE CONFISCATION ....

What part of that do you not grasp?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Their laws are stricter than you think. Much stricter than what Feinstain is suggesting. For example those rifles they keep at home is cool, but people forget to mention they are not issued bullets for them. Also, concealed carry is practically impossible in Switzerland.
All you have to do is prove it....Can you?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You apparently can't read either .. because I think I explained it clearly. IT IS A PERFECT SYSTEM TO CREATE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST FOR FUTURE CONFISCATION ....

What part of that do you not grasp?
You are inventing reasons to be "outraged" about. Your reason is pure fantasy, a mere fabrication of your mind. If the government wanted to ban gun, all they would have to do is tell the nation to turn in their guns, and anyone who does not obey will be in violation of the law. It is that simple. They do not need a registry for it. Someone also said every country where guns are registered has used the information to ban guns, but that it complete nonsense, and not true at all. Practically every country which allows private gun ownership has a reauirement to register them.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
One of the paranoid gun-haters' wet dreams is to be able to treat any and all law-abiding gun owners, as criminals.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
  • Background check of owner and any transferee;
  • Type and serial number of the firearm;
  • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
  • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
  • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
You might notice, that this is how criminals are routinely treated.

As leftists habitually do, this gets them one step closer to being able to telling people, "Look how these people are treated: They must do many of the same things actualy criminals do. That means that gun owners actually ARE pretty close to being criminals."

The leftist fanatics already have most people believing that rich people are almost criminals, and deserve most of what they own to be taken away from them.

Gun owners, you're next.

"Gun control isn't about guns. It's about control."

Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No he can't, because it is total. 200% BS

Shooting is the freaking national sport of Switzerland.

US vs. Switzerland Gun Laws

In 1994, when the U.S. Congress debated whether to ban "assault weapons," a talk show host asked then-Senator Bill Bradley (New Jersey), a sponsor of the ban, whether guns cause crime. The host noted that, in Switzerland, all males are issued assault rifles for militia service and keep them at home, yet little crime exists there. Sen. Bradley responded that the Swiss "are pretty dull."

For those who think that target shooting is more fun than golf, however, Switzerland is anything but "dull." By car or train, you see shooting ranges everywhere, but few golf courses. If there is a Schuetzenfest (shooting festival) in town, you will find rifles slung on hat racks in restaurants, and you will encounter men and women, old and young, walking, biking and taking the tram with rifles over their shoulders, to and from the range. They stroll right past the police station and no one bats an eye. (Try this in the U.S., and a SWAT Team might do you in).

I wonder how they do all of this shooting if they have no ammunition?

Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If you wanted to know, you would simply look it up.

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In October 2007, the Swiss Federal Council decided that the distribution of ammunition to soldiers shall stop and that all previously issued ammo shall be returned. By March 2011, more than 99% of the ammo has been received. Only special rapid deployment units and the military police still have ammunition stored at home today.

The sale of ammunition – including Gw Pat.90 rounds for army-issue assault rifles – is subsidized by the Swiss government and made available at the many shooting ranges patronized by both private citizens and members of the militia. There is a regulatory requirement that ammunition sold at ranges must be used there.

Bearing arms in Switzerland

Strict legislation in Switzerland has made it extremely difficult to obtain a license to bear arms, and the trend is moving towards even stricter laws. For information purposes only, 400 people had a license to bear arms in the canton of Geneva in 1998. Only eight "survivors" still have authorization today.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
You are inventing reasons to be "outraged" about. Your reason is pure fantasy, a mere fabrication of your mind. If the government wanted to ban gun, all they would have to do is tell the nation to turn in their guns, and anyone who does not obey will be in violation of the law. It is that simple. They do not need a registry for it. Someone also said every country where guns are registered has used the information to ban guns, but that it complete nonsense, and not true at all. Practically every country which allows private gun ownership has a reauirement to register them.
You're one of "those people". Nothing is too obvious or too blatant for some of you people to miss completely.

No .. the government cannot just issue edicts like a freaking King .... not legally anyway. That is the point you and many others miss, somehow. How? Are you that thick that you believe that it is impossible for government to break the law .. that by default, everything that government chooses to do automatically becomes legal just because they may do it?

What the hell is wrong with you people? Get a water filter, and stop drinking the fluoride before you become too dumb to breathe.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
One of the paranoid gun-haters' wet dreams is to be able to treat any and all law-abiding gun owners, as criminals.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
  • Background check of owner and any transferee;
  • Type and serial number of the firearm;
  • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
  • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
  • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
You might notice, that this is how criminals are routinely treated.

As leftists habitually do, this gets them one step closer to being able to telling people, "Look how these people are treated: They must do many of the same things actualy criminals do. That means that gun owners actually ARE pretty close to being criminals."

The leftist fanatics already have most people believing that rich people are almost criminals, and deserve most of what they own to be taken away from them.

Gun owners, you're next.

"Gun control isn't about guns. It's about control."
Did you feel like a criminal when you registered your car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies