Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

LOL if liberals had one single principle they sure have never demonstrated it!
Liberals have no principles? Wow. You may want to re-think your CD life. Seeing as how pretty much every post you make is against liberal principles.

Think how much time you'll have to spend with your family when you aren't here ranting and raving and foot stomping and insulting and making a lot of not-so-clever insinuations about the mental capacity of all the people you don't like!

You could even take up a hobby! Wow. How exciting for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Can we assume you, the intellect, returned your tax refund check to the Treasury then?
A smart person, one who understands taxes (that eliminates quite a few conservatives who frequent this forum) would know that has no statutory ability to accept overpayments, they are required to return overpayment.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Oh, ok, now I get it. Money takes precedence over principle in liberal circles! "Hey...I want you guys to be less wreckless and more responsible with my tax dollars since we have two wars to pay for. But I certainly don't mind cashing this tax refund check! I hate your policies, but I sure do love your money!!!!"

LOL if liberals had one single principle they sure have never demonstrated it!
You get what?

Everyday you tell us ad nauseum how much you dislike this administration and its policies. But I don't see you moving to another country. I don't see you refusing to use electricity (and the electric grid is in some degree maintained by tax dollars), I don't see you refusing to drive (and the highway system is in some degree maintained by tax dollars), I don't see you refusing to fly (and the aviation system is in some degree maintained by tax dollars). You choose to utilize the healthcare system of this country, even though some doctors perform procedures you disagree with.

You seem to think you can force ideological mandates on liberals, but not on conservatives. If you don't understand how hypocritical that it, then I can't explain it to you.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A smart person, one who understands taxes (that eliminates quite a few conservatives who frequent this forum) would know that has no statutory ability to accept overpayments, they are required to return overpayment.
https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/for...ormId=23779454

Gee, that was easy to debunk! Overpayments are irrelevant. You can pay the Treasury back cent for cent right here on this webpage!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/for...ormId=23779454

Gee, that was easy to debunk! Overpayments are irrelevant. You can pay the Treasury back cent for cent right here on this webpage!
Terrific! And you've been going on and on for the past four years about this administration adding to the debt. That means you've been sending in donations to help alleviate that debt, right? I mean, you clearly know your way around the web, you can find where to send donations, right? So where have you been sending in your donations to apply against that debt?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Judging by the level of hatred towards the "Bush Tax Cuts" and Liberals' universal message that lowering taxes during wartime is pure idiocy.....

......I want to know how many of these educated and fiscally astute liberals returned their Bush Tax Refund Check to the Treasury???
I'll do it when a conservative who hates the government sends back their FEMA check for Hurricane Sandy damage. Or when conservative seniors pay out-of-pocket instead of using their Medicare entitlement; or rip up their Social Security check. Or conservatives with children don't keep their under 26 year old children on their employer health plans.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You get what?

Everyday you tell us ad nauseum how much you dislike this administration and its policies. But I don't see you moving to another country. I don't see you refusing to use electricity (and the electric grid is in some degree maintained by tax dollars), I don't see you refusing to drive (and the highway system is in some degree maintained by tax dollars), I don't see you refusing to fly (and the aviation system is in some degree maintained by tax dollars). You choose to utilize the healthcare system of this country, even though some doctors perform procedures you disagree with.

You seem to think you can force ideological mandates on liberals, but not on conservatives. If you don't understand how hypocritical that it, then I can't explain it to you.
Uh, in case you didn't know. I'm a taxpayer. I pay for those roads that I use. I pay for the electrical grid that I use. I pay for the healthcare that I use.

The issue here is that liberals have spent the last 4 years telling us how bad the Bush tax cuts were, how idiotic it was to lower taxes while we were paying for two wars. You want to know what ad nauseum entails? Just read up on the liberal philosophy on taxes over the past 4 years as our debts and deficits mount and liberals look for a scapegoat for Barack Obama.

So how is it that you and your cohorts can lambaste the "Bush Tax Cuts" while simultaneously cashing the the tax refund checks that were sent to you AND THEN fight tooth and nail to MAINTAIN the "Bush Tax Cuts" that you've spent the last four years decrying?

So, if you want to talk about principle, i'd recommend that you take a moment of introspection and ask yourselves how you can be BEYOND HYPOCRITICAL on the tax issue.

I highly doubt you have the courage to do that.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
I never get a tax refund check. I always end up owing. However, if someone did get a tax refund, they'd serve the country better if they would spend it and boost demand, which employs people, than to give it back to the government.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Uh, in case you didn't know. I'm a taxpayer. I pay for those roads that I use. I pay for the electrical grid that I use. I pay for the healthcare that I use.

The issue here is that liberals have spent the last 4 years telling us how bad the Bush tax cuts were, how idiotic it was to lower taxes while we were paying for two wars. You want to know what ad nauseum entails? Just read up on the liberal philosophy on taxes over the past 4 years as our debts and deficits mount and liberals look for a scapegoat for Barack Obama.

So how is it that you and your cohorts can lambaste the "Bush Tax Cuts" while simultaneously cashing the the tax refund checks that were sent to you AND THEN fight tooth and nail to MAINTAIN the "Bush Tax Cuts" that you've spent the last four years decrying?

So, if you want to talk about principle, i'd recommend that you take a moment of introspection and ask yourselves how you can be BEYOND HYPOCRITICAL on the tax issue.

I highly doubt you have the courage to do that.
Um, you are the one who is saying that if you have a complaint about something (ie the Bush Tax Cuts), you should deny yourself any benefit from that program. That's your assertion.

I'm pointing out to you that you have a staggering amount of complaints about the policies of this administration, and yet you don't deny yourself any benefits that this administration might provide.

Expecting others to adhere to principles that you yourself do not adhere to would be the very definition of hypocrisy.

I don't need a moment of introspection. I think the Bush tax cuts were irresponsible, given our rising national debt. I also understand the reasoning behind those tax cuts, and recognize that, like every policy, they had advantages and disadvantages. There's nothing hypocritical about a realistic analysis.

There's only one hypocrite on this thread, and it would be you.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I never get a tax refund check. I always end up owing. However, if someone did get a tax refund, they'd serve the country better if they would spend it and boost demand, which employs people, than to give it back to the government.
We're not talking about tax refunds as a result of the progressive tax code. We're talking about the tax refund checks sent out to every qualified citizen as a result of the Bush tax policy early in his tenure. Indeed, the idea was to stimulate the economy on the heels of the Clinton Recession. But lets not forget that the message from liberals since then has been that those very tax policies were foolish during a time of war spending.

So how is it that you folks can cash your check that was derived from a policy that you supposedly hate so much because of what you perceive to be deleterious effects on the economy? And to make matters worse, then turn around and push for the VERY SAME TAX CUTS while Barack Obama is in office?

I get the feeling that you don't see your own hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies