Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times

Advertisements

Only people dumb enough to watch Piers Morgan could have seen that ....

Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Only people dumb enough to watch Piers Morgan could have seen that ....
Never watched Piers Morgan, but that video is freakin hilarious.

Alex Jones is funny as hell. For his sake I hope it's an act, he makes Glenn Beck look like choir boy.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
I myself felt sort of conflicted after viewing Alex Jones on Piers Morgan's "news" program.

On one hand, I feel certain that, given Alex's unhinged shouting tirade (during which Jones also felt the need to inject 9/11 truth contentions), the anti-gun lobby will acquire some "ammunition" against American firearm owners and the laws that protect them. Leftist exploitation of Jones's display is already off and running. We'll see what happens...

But then, on the other hand, I positively loved watching Jones emphasize Morgan's status as an undeniably anti-American foreign presence, in addition to his mockery of that hoighty-toighty accent. Golden!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
LMA freak'n O......

Jones actaully did really well in the first video until he got to the point where he said something like, "1776 will rise again" or something like that. The second video was just hilarious!

This was definately a strategic move on Piers part. He's never had anyone on that show that could intelligently and reasoably defend the 2nd ammendment that I've seen. It's always a nut job or a goofy looking character.All part of his goal to paint gun ownership as something a fringe cult-like mentality.

Way to stack the deck.......

Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I agree with Alex Jones....do NOT trust the corrupt Federal Government......do not give up your guns.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
LMA freak'n O......

Jones actaully did really well in the first video until he got to the point where he said something like, "1776 will rise again" or something like that. The second video was just hilarious!

This was definately a strategic move on Piers part. He's never had anyone on that show that could intelligently and reasoably defend the 2nd ammendment that I've seen. It's always a nut job or a goofy looking character.All part of his goal to paint gun ownership as something a fringe cult-like mentality.

Way to stack the deck.......
give em enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Glenn Beck proclaims Jones "the craziest person in the history of broadcasting."
From his site:
Quote:
This is the craziest person in the history of broadcasting
Want to know who the media wants to make the face of the pro-gun argument in America? Look no further than conspiratorial radio host Alex Jones, best known for his 9/11 Truther theories and his love of Charlie Sheen's hernia. Jones is the man behind the petition to deport CNN host Piers Morgan for his views on gun control. Morgan invited Jones onto his show to debate the gun issue yesterday, and not surprisingly, Jones made a fool of himself, giving the left the perfect poster boy for their attempts to paint every logical conservative as an extremist nut job.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Glenn Beck is a loony conspiracy theorist too.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Fresh from his mad ravings on CNN, Alex Jones is now claiming that, and you can't make this sort of crap up, that Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is sending "crackheads" to kill him because Alex supposedly "spoke the truth" about the Mafia. LOL!

Fresh Off Completely Sane Piers Morgan Interview, Alex Jones Says Mayor Bloomberg is Sending Crackheads to Kill Him for Speaking Truth to Mafia

And this guy owns guns... I feel safer already.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
The important thing, IMO, to glean from this is how overreaction and raw emotion can sap your credibility. But in America, we like to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Does his tirade on Morgans show discredit every good point he brought out? Of course not....Will many Americans further bury any stock they put into any of these arguments Jones presents? definitely

People like Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura are going to be affected by this as well too....which is the bad part. Because they will just get grouped in with the alleged "gun nuts"

I think Jones is about 75% on point...Is this country in dire straits like he wants you to believe? Probably not....Is there any reason to believe our government wants to disarm us? of course there is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies