Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,896,936 times

Advertisements

The OP is laughable, walk into any gun store in America and try to buy a gun.
Ditto for ammo.

barry is the best gun salesman to ever live!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 AM

57,359 posts, read 26,263,652 times
This is crazy, who are these people that thought this was a good idea?

Quote:
Ready, aim, misfire!
Exactly one month after the Newtown school massacre, the National Rifle Association has launched a free iPhone and iPad shooting game offering kids as young as 4 a chance to fire guns at coffin-shaped targets.

The free game “NRA: Practice Range” is offered on iTunes and allows would-be snipers to choose a weapon to fire at an indoor gun range, an outdoor range or for skeet shooting practice.
The free guns include a Beretta M-9 handgun, a Colt M-16 assault rifle with 15-round clip or a Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun.
Read more: NRA spits on the graves of Newtown massacre victims with release of mobile shoot-'em-up app for iPhone, iPad - NY Daily News

Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
53% is not enough public support for Democrats representing gun-loving districts to buck the NRA. Because of this, the President will engage in back room deals to buy off these Congressman with favors and money, as with Obamacare. Wait and see.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 AM

7,815 posts, read 6,399,445 times
Public support does not trump the 2nd Amendment.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I was shocked as well to see the NRA trying to blame video games for the sandy shooting, then they go and release a shooting game themselves. What a bunch of morons.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A recent survey was conducted on the continuing gun issue and as usual, the american people support the president and the democrats, while rejecting the NRA and other hard right stances.

Since the NRA's speech after the shooting, the NRA's approval ratings have plunged by 10%. Some other results show:

Only 41% of americans support putting armed police in schools.

An even biggest blow against the NRA/hard right, only 27% support arming teachers.

While 53% support tougher gun laws

and lastly on a side note, the GOP house has caused congress to have the lowest approval ratings in US history at only 7%

Images of NRA, Congressional Republicans on the decline - Public Policy Polling
While the poll says one thing, stores have a totally different story as well as the prolonged wait for background checks.

Smells like someone is trying to convince the public to one side here.
Gun sales tell another story though.

There's lies, damn lies and statistics.
A poll can produce whatever numbers you want if it's worded correctly.

I found out first hand what a skewed poll can produce.
Travis county (TX) health dept called with with a poll on my personal health.
I said OK but most of the questions had to do with smoking in public.
I asked where's the "my health" questions.

Found out that poll was used to prohibit smoking in public places because the poll "overwhelmingly" showed public support for it.
Sure..when the question was posed like "Does it bother you if someone smokes right outside the door of a building ?" or "Does it bother you if someone smokes in a park playground ?"

The polls are shams and gullible people fall right in line. And they count on that.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Thanks for posting, Mr. Hannity. Everything in your post is wrong. Nothing really more to say about it than that.
IBTL. You can research what's in the link. Please prove it's wrong or admit that you're the typical moonbat who can't debate so they just say you're wrong and move on. I'll wait.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
I was shocked as well to see the NRA trying to blame video games for the sandy shooting, then they go and release a shooting game themselves. What a bunch of morons.
I'm not shocked that you're ignoring this. So typical. LMMFAO

Obama administration pondering plan to put armed police officers in public schools* - NY Daily News

Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM

374 posts, read 236,455 times
LMAO....

More people have joined the NRA in the last month or two then all you bedwetter libs combined.

Let me pull up how many HUNDREDS of thousands of new members.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Biden did no better seeking advice from the game software developers.
I'm sure Blizzard, Activision and Microsoft have deep knowledge of "gun control".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.