Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

as for the person who commented on Anne Coulter being dumb: I wish I was dumb enough to graduate from Cornell and then get a law degree: pretty dumb alright..
Yet you chose to label her as an "entertainer". Not as a scholar. Or a commentator. Or as a lawyer. But as an "entertainer". Lol, she's a one woman dog and pony show all right.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
...of history.

You know, yes...the thread title is true.... the US would be better off (worse of in some ways) if the blacks were never brought over here. But if they never were brough over here we wouldn't be the same country we are today, either.
How would the US be if your people had not been here?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Agreed.

The problem is the mentality for many blacks, not blacks themselves. Riddle me this, I'm pretty sure if Ann Coulter adopted a black kid...that black kid wouldn't commit any crimes (other than being her adopted child). But take that same kid and put in in an all black neighborhood, then there's a higher risk for problems (assuming the parents don't care). It's more of a cultural thing, plagued by the histories of discrimination, gentrification, and desegregation (ironically in this case) that causes minority problems.

Otherwise, Obama and Ben Carson should never exist.
I know part of it is mentality. It isn't the only thing either.

And consider this, as for "Black neighborhood", you might want to consider this. If that Black child was adopted by Black parents who really do care, then the child wouldn't have problems. If the child lived in Cascade Heights, an affluent Black neighborhood in Atlanta,GA, that child wouldn't get into nearly as much trouble as he would living in the lower 9th ward of New Orleans, a poor Black area with alot of violence. It has to do more with the culture that exists in that neighborhood, not the race. Cascade Heights is where quite a few Black millionaires are living. I'm sure a child living there would grow up much better than in the lower 9th ward in New Orleans.

How would desegregation cause problems?

And what do you mean by Obama and Ben Carson should never exist?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree. They're not really concerned. They're just throwing in our faces as if to say, "we're better than you". They may say it's not true but they are lying racist scum.
For some people, it is not out of concern, and some people just "throw it back in one's face". There are some people who think like this. However, it is important to know who is doing this. The defensiveness continues because of lack of trust.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
I don't know why anyone would care what this turd says. Why she newsworthy at all is just mindboggling to me. Anything she mutters or shrieks has as much importantance as the ravings of the homeless crazy guy living under a bridge does.

Not feeding feed the trolls is something millions of people need to learn. As long as people pay attention to idiots they will continue to pollute our national discourse.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
The problem is that even when we all admit it, nobody wants to do anything about it is the problem . Blacks are an American problem and have been since the start of this country. Blacks are pretty much the only consistent thing in this country...aside from whites. First immigrants.
Blacks are not an American problem. Racism is an American problem.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I saw her on Hannity and now watched again, she is not blaming all crime on non whites..The word demographics includes many sections of our population, not just race.
You're right Coulter isn't dumb, just the incredibly stupid people who try to white wash her statements.

Dear Ann and fellow alumnus said, "If you compare white populations we have the same murder rate as Belgium, so perhaps it's not a gun problem (wink, wink, wink). It's a demographic problem."

Now when you exclude whites in the first clause of the sentence who the frack is left?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Blacks are not an American problem. Racism is an American problem.
Racism isn't the cause of the violence either. Poverty, mental health, gangs, drugs, and broken families are though.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Actually she has, read her book. Or atleast google the videos of her talking about it.
So, find those quotes and videos. You've made the claim that she said them. Now it's up to you to prove it.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM

768 posts, read 880,117 times
Moscow is pretty white and pretty dangerous.
Just looking at what is happening in Northern Ireland at the moment reminds me whites love to fight. If it wasnt against non-whites, it would be catholics vs protestants, or something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies