Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
this was something i always wanted to know, thanks so much for sharing.

And BTW... Canadians and Mexicans also are Americans. As are citizens of any Central and/or South American continent country.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
And BTW... Canadians and Mexicans also are Americans. As are citizens of any Central and/or South American continent country.
Congratulations , now would you like to share any more pointless information?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
It started more around the time of Johnson and Nixon.
I agree it started around then, especially the distrust of our government. However, I think during the Bush administration, the division flowered seemingly overnight.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,177,954 times
Quote:
No matter your views on gun laws, same-sex marriage, religion, blah blah blah.... just remember we are all Americans and citizens of this great country.

Some Americans are more "true Amercian" than others, or so they say.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
You are no leader, the definition of an "American" isnt defined by you.... if you have citizenship here you are an American, its not that hard to figure out.
What is a leader? Someone who decides and defines? Who would that be? In the system designed by our forefathers there is no one superior in status to the citizen.
The government and the elected politicians "serve" the citizens, therefore they, "the leaders", are subservient.
In a court of law, the citizen must be judged by a jury of other citizens. He cannot be judged by government because government is subservient to the citizen.
His only "peers" or people of equal stature are other citizens.
In addition you seem to confuse being a citizen of the United States with being an American.
The original term American was coined prior to the Revolutionary war as the group of people who while still technically under British rule considered themselves to be free men, no longer British, and resisted British rule.
They were the rebels who went on to fight the Revolutionary war and to establish the only country in the world which recognized the citizen as a sovereign and of higher status than so called leaders.
They had a defined belief in the stature of the citizen, and wrote the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and the Bill of Rights to recognize that stature.
It is not I who has defined the term American, but our forefathers, and it is recorded in history. A history you clearly lack comprehensive understanding of.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
LOL. You must have forgotten you were on C-D!!!
You're right... my bad!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, it is the topic of the thread. The OP makes a bogus assumption that we are "all Americans." While I am pointing out that the Democratic Party is in reality the anti-American political party. They hate absolutely everything about the US and would love to see it destroyed. That is one of the reasons why the Democratic Party has aligned themselves with al Qaeda and other international terrorist organizations.

The only kind of "unity" liberal freaks want is the kind where everyone agrees with them. As long as people are not only willing, but eager, to give up their rights, give up all their income, and become the slaves liberal freaks have so long desired since they lost the Civil War, then and only then will there be the kind of "unity" to which you refer. We know this game, we have played it before. As I recall, Obama also made the same bogus claim of "unity."
I am an American, and a darned proud one at that - regardless of what you think of me, simply because I lean left on most issues. I think ALL Americans, left or right, want to see us thrive... and spare us the bloated rhetoric, since you're the one here who is attempting to "divide." I extended an olive branch, you snapped it in half and spit on me for good measure. Oh well, I tried!

P.S. I'm no historian, but pretty sure the "Democrats" weren't the same in 1860 as they are today... so your comments on the Civil War are fairly moot.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-18-2013 at 11:56 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Well its a drag.

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-19-2013 at 12:18 AM..

Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm no historian, but pretty sure the "Democrats" weren't the same in 1860 as they are today... so your comments on the Civil War are fairly moot.
Actually, they were, exactly the same. The Democratic Party has not changed since 1828. It was Andrew Jackson's goal to destroy the US, and that became the Democratic Party's primary goal and it has not wavered since. When it came to the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Amendment, the Democrats opposed. Every Civil Rights legislation, the Democrats opposed. Every means of ensuring liberty, the Democrats opposed. Every attempt to be fiscally solvent, the Democrats opposed. Equality under the law, the Democrats opposed.

You can spin all you like, but history is replete with examples of who the enemy of the nation truly is - the Democratic Party. They are anti-Americans, fundamentally opposed to the founding principles of this nation, and nothing is going to change that fact.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Our citizens have divided political views, but when you put politics aside we all live in the same country and we are all family.
No, our citizens have different views on who is responsible for their own. Some people want a pappy and nanny state since they can't do it or are just too lazy to take themselves (Obama supporters) and then there are others who want to take care of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies