Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,510,359 times

Advertisements

Thinking that you won`t be able to own and buy guns isn`t idiotic?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,629,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
These types of situations happen a lot of the time, but gun nuts don't care about reality. They are interested in their fear and their fantasies of being a hero and/or killing people.

Normal people see the connection between buying a gun and the end result being that gun hurting someone in your household. To gun nuts those incidents are invisible or fiction.
We already had this discussion. Your "conclusion" is based on junk science provided by unethical researchers.

Please stop pulling the same stunt over and over again.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM

46,405 posts, read 27,273,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Thinking that you won`t be able to own and buy guns isn`t idiotic?
Banning guns for no reason, that is what is idiotic....and banning the wrong gun, when it is obviously not the gun that has done all the killing...now that is just completely stupid....

But you gun haters, cannot figure that out....

Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You gotta understand that to them those instances don't count and those people are expendable in the numbers game because to them if ONE life is saved by banning the gun that life is more important than if one is saved by having a gun.
Another reason we should have common sense restriction on the freedom of speech. Too much crap being uttered.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,867,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Banning guns for no reason, that is what is idiotic....and banning the wrong gun, when it is obviously not the gun that has done all the killing...now that is just completely stupid....

But you gun haters, cannot figure that out....
I definitely wouldn't call children being massacred NO REASON or the daily shootings and killings here with guns NO REASON to regulate them.

What would YOU call a reason for restricting guns or do you see absolutely NO reason to restrict guns?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Sorry SCOTUS the SUPREME law of the land has ruled otherwise. Dont like it? UK I understand is taking RKBA refugees.
Have you ever lived in a Country with strong gun control?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,510,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I definitely wouldn't call children being massacred NO REASON or the daily shootings and killings here with guns NO REASON to regulate them.

What would YOU call a reason for restricting guns or do you see absolutely NO reason to restrict guns?
They just don`t care and body counts mean nothing to them.Not a whole lot different than Al Qaeda,fellow true believers.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They just don`t care and body counts mean nothing to them.Not a whole lot different than Al Qaeda,fellow true believers.
It is the exact same insane brainwashing that goes on in middle eastern countries....... no real concern about life just ideals.............

Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It is the exact same insane brainwashing that goes on in middle eastern countries....... no real concern about life just ideals.............
If you truly care about saving lives, you would start with banning alcohol and private swimming pools.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM

11 posts, read 18,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This is clear case of someone with a gun that didnt want to use it.

If a person is in your home, and you own a gun, you need to make the decision to either use the gun or not touch the gun.

if you are not willing to kill the bad guy, do NOT under any circumstance TOUCH THE GUN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suggest anyone keeping a gun for self defense get some effective training on when and how to do it.

You could start with: Never pull a gun on someone you are not going to shoot. Make the decision to kill the assailant before you get your gun. Then kill him a quickly as possible.
^^^ This is essentially what I posted in another thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnMasse View Post
Agreed with a "but ..."

I grew up in the deep south so guns seemed to be a part of the culture. For the most part, people just had them and didn't think much about it. As kids, we knew there were loaded guns in the house and we knew better than to even look at them, much less touch one. There just weren't many instances of kids being shot while playing with family weapons in my town (back in the late 70s and early 80s). We. knew. better.

My father taught me to use a gun when I was a kid. He told me, after college when I was moving into my first apartment, that he would buy me a big a** gun. If I could get out of the house safely, DO IT and DO IT FAST; no need to be a badass and end up worse off. Put it downstairs when you leave the house so it's ready for you when you come home and bring it upstairs when you go to bed. If I was cornered, the gun needed to be close and I needed to be ready to act. No second thoughts or second guessing myself or giving the person threatening me a "warning shot." When you're in a bad spot, get the gun and keep shooting until the threat drops or you run out of bullets. "Hesitation could cost you plenty." But if you pick up the gun, know that you're probably going to kill somebody and decent people who take a life, however justified, can have a hard time with that later down the road. "It ain't pretty and romantic like in the movies. There'll be blood and brains all over your pretty rug. If you kill him, there'll be blood, brains and the release of bowels. You have to do it. Just don't do it lightly. Get out if you can."

He never understood people who'd say their unloaded guns were in one place and the ammunition was in another room. What's the point in having a gun in the house unless it was fully loaded and ready to go?

All of that to say, I don't have a gun anymore. It was stressing me out because it was so high maintenance: going to the shooting range, keeping up with the permit, cleaning it, carrying it upstairs and remembering to bring it downstairs. A gun is only useful if you're always ready and proficient in shooting otherwise you're just spinning your wheels.

My dad is applauding the lady in GA who, when faced with an intruder, grabbed her .38 and her kids and hid in a closet while calling for help. She didn't confront him because of her kids but when he opened that closet door, he got a big surprise. My dad said the lady needed more firepower because she did everything right and emptied her gun but it wasn't enough to drop him.

I think if I had kids, I'd find maintaining a gun to be worth the effort. Guns aren't status symbols (a few friends have fancy schamncy Sigs and I swear they couldn't shoot a target at an amusement park booth) so if I had a gun and was threatened, the answer is YEP. I'D USE IT AND BE UNAPOLOGETIC ABOUT IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies