Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
What America needs is a viable economy, not another quasi-religious circle jerk.
Good religion = Good economy.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Saudi Arabia, Iran, Somalia, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Gaza - gems of places I'm sure any freedom loving person with the means to do so would move to.
Like America is a freedom loving country?

Pandering to deviants of all persuasions....

Largest prison population of any country on Earth (by far)....

It's citizens snooped on by government....

No search warrant required to break down your door at home....

Yep, a country for all freedom loving people's for sure.....

Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Good religion = Good economy.
Only if your selling bibles and snake oil. Religion is other wise a drain on the economy. It takes out taxes to the local economy by setting aside property that does not get taxed, and takes money that fills the pockets of child molesters who do not pay taxes or buy things to build the local economy. Its nothing but a sink hole that is only good for the very few who sell everlasting life and no one has ever come back to say if its true of a load of crap. We all know its a load of crap.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I thought you liked freedom. Apparently not.
His kind like freedom all right. Only it's freedom for themselves and chains for everyone else.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Like America is a freedom loving country?

Pandering to deviants of all persuasions....

Largest prison population of any country on Earth (by far)....
Now tell us what you think should happen to those "deviants of all persuasions," and what impact that would have on our prison population.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

Gay unions don't produce children - if children are produced by self-professed gays it is through selfish self-gratification outside the bounds of a union. Also - children are not pets to be bought, produced or adopted to fulfill your selfish sick fantasy/need to pretend you are a family.
I guess the elderly can't get married then, or any post-menopausal woman? I know a lovely couple, both in their 70s who are getting married. I suppose you would call them selfish pretenders?

Why do you feel that a marriage needs to produce offspring to be legitimate? This is not the days of plague, or the days when Catholics proclaimed that every sperm is sacred. If every time people had sex they reproduced can you imagine the population?

Why is a loving gay couple so harshly judged by you if they want to adopt a child in a foster home or orphanage? Heterosexuals account for 100 percent of unwanted births. Why not allow gay people to marry and help reduce the burden of finding homes for these children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

But responsible people who consider sexual gratification a biological mechanism to increase intimacy and reinforce the bonds further securing an environment favorable to rear children consider the repercussions of their actions in regards to sexual behavior and act accordingly.

Selfish, self absorbed children obsessed with their pee-pee's consider it an end in itself. (imho, which is mine and mine alone, yours may certainly be different)
Other than the inability to produce a baby biologically, why can't the above bolded statement be applied to a committed gay couple? You don't believe that gay couples are capable of providing loving homes? I know personally of many who do. And I also know personally some straight women who had kids who shouldn't have.

Quote:
Setting reasonable expectations for what marriage is - basically the idea that someone else comes first in your life, that you accept a responsibility to provide and care for another, that your immediate gratification is less relevant than the well-being of those you commit to is a good start.
How does that not apply to gay couples? gay people can't feel that way as you describe above?
I know gay couples who are way more committed than a lot of straight couples.

Quote:

It's rather interesting that a married committed couple I knew waited years to get a child - yet gays and single women of affluence get their adopted children like puppies handed out at the pet store.
My gay cousin and her partner waited two years. It depends on your stability, job, income, etc. No, sorry, but your theory that gay and lesbian couples get first dibs on adoption is false. From what I have notices, gay couples are more willing to adopt foreign or babies of troubled homes, where straight couples may be more choosy.

Quote:
Little by little the world is coming back to it's senses.... besides Russia the latest countries are:

~ Uganda
~ Cameroon
~ Nigeria

In all, 38 countries in Africa have laws criminalizing homosexuality.
Go to any of those countries and see how "great" it is there. You would be running and screaming home in 30 minutes. hard to believe you would choose those countries to use as an example of great morality.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
America needs good traditional values.
Hatred is not a very good value.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Now tell us what you think should happen to those "deviants of all persuasions," and what impact that would have on our prison population.
I was replying to a person who alluded that America is a free country.....

Typical, taking something out of context or just another ignorant person with a public school education who can't understand the context of what they read....

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I guess the elderly can't get married then, or any post-menopausal woman? I know a lovely couple, both in their 70s who are getting married. I suppose you would call them selfish pretenders?
Ummm, only one of those three quotes your attribute to me I posted.....

I don't know any straight couple (don't know nor want to know any gay couples) who has adopted a child, nor do I ever launch into such flowery language.....

Lie on missy.....

Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
America needs good traditional values.
If this is what you call 'good traditional values', then I want no part of it.

I thought America was the land of free? Where all Americans - regardless of sex, age, ethnicity, and lifestyle choice - are granted equal rights, liberties, freedoms, and opportunities given to them by the Bill of Rights and Constitution of the United States?

What you want is oppression and quite frankly that's unpatriotic. Go take your Anti-American sentiment somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies