Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:00 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_from_Germany View Post
It always pains me to see how deeply divided such a great country as America is. Why can't you guys be working together instead of spending so much time and energy on slagging of the representatives, members and supporters of the "other party". I really don't get it. Who enjoys watching ad reading news media that is clearly biased (althouh in my opinion there is no major outlet which leans as far left as FOX news leans to the right)?

I know many Americans, conservatives and liberals, and most are fine people. Why can't you guys realize that it would be so much better to try and get along and work TOGETHER instead of against each other? Sure, argue passionatelly about the things you feel strongly about but don't lose sigh of the common goals.

I think a pragmatic, science based approach based on ethical values rather than one guided by traditional religious values for example would help. I think politics and religion don't mix. But that's me as an atheist and European speaking.

From some of the rhetoric here it seems there is lots of "hatred" mostly from the right towards the left and an equal amount of "disconnect" from the other side.

Guys, you live in a great country (no, I am not going to say "the gretaest country in the world") so stop the fighting ans start working together.
There are two kinds of Americans:
  • Those who believe in the nation's founding principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and
  • Those who are anti-life, anti-liberty, and anti-pursuit of happiness.
The latter group are also known as anti-Americans, or more commonly referred to as the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party fought in support of slavery, opposes all civil rights, and would love nothing more than to utterly destroy the US. That is their primary goal, and always has been since their inception in 1828.

There is no compromising with anti-American liberal freaks, they can only be defeated and destroyed. Would you compromise with someone who was hell bent on destroying Germany? Then why would any sane true American compromise with an anti-American lunatic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Based on what?

Please - analyze and compare Fox News and MSNBC.

Prove to me that you are operating on more than just political ideology.
Based on the fact that Rupert Murdoch himself tries to influence and buy elections!
Why the US media ignored Murdoch's brazen bid to hijack the presidency | Carl Bernstein | Comment is free | The Guardian

Rupert Murdoch Has Gamed American Politics Every Bit as Thoroughly as Britain's | The Nation
Rupert Murdoch’s advice to Romney: Get some pros on your team – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 AM

326 posts, read 673,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
  • Those who believe in the nation's founding principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and
The latter group are also known as anti-Americans, or more commonly referred to as the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party fought in support of slavery, opposes all civil rights, and would love nothing more than to utterly destroy the US. That is their primary goal, and always has been since their inception in 1828.

There is no compromising with anti-American liberal freaks, they can only be defeated and destroyed. Would you compromise with someone who was hell bent on destroying Germany? Then why would any sane true American compromise with an anti-American lunatic?
Please tell me you don't mean that. Why would any American, Democrat or Republican, want to destroy the US?

Yes, I have taken sides somewhat in my original post in the intersest of "full disclosure". Nobody can pretend not to have his own opinion on this matter and I wanted to share mine but above all wanted to emphasize the need for unity instead of hatred and fighting.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
It always pains me to see how deeply divided such a great country as America is. Why can't you guys be working together instead of spending so much time and energy on slagging of the representatives, members and supporters of the "other party". I really don't get it. Who enjoys watching ad reading news media that is clearly biased (althouh in my opinion there is no major outlet which leans as far left as FOX news leans to the right)?

I know many Americans, conservatives and liberals, and most are fine people. Why can't you guys realize that it would be so much better to try and get along and work TOGETHER instead of against each other? Sure, argue passionatelly about the things you feel strongly about but don't lose sigh of the common goals.

I think a pragmatic, science based approach based on ethical values rather than one guided by traditional religious values for example would help. I think politics and religion don't mix. But that's me as an atheist and European speaking.

From some of the rhetoric here it seems there is lots of "hatred" mostly from the right towards the left and an equal amount of "disconnect" from the other side.

Guys, you live in a great country (no, I am not going to say "the gretaest country in the world") so stop the fighting ans start working together.
MSNBC is the equivalent to FOX, although I'm fairly left-leaning I can't listen to a bias network aside from the comedy-political online show, The Young Turks but even then they don't formulate my opinion on things. Regarding us being divided by politics, I'm only 21 years old now so I'm not sure how bad it was in the past, but there's plenty of animosity between conservatives and liberals on this site that makes it seem like it's lasted forever. Have you been to the USA before? If so, you understand it's not really as bad politically here as this site or the media may present. It's not like we walk pass each other in a store and roll our eyes, but instead we can have a great conversation about politics with agreements and disagreements, or really anything for that matter. Not really many Americans care about politics in the first place. LOL

But I love Germany, I would love to visit again someday. We could take a few pages from you guys book on things.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 AM

408 posts, read 607,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

I thought you were satirizing right-wing rhetoricians til I noticed you were from Wasilia, Alaska.

Sad.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
If conservatives and liberals would work together on the betterment of the country they'd turn on both parties and the people that run them both. Can't have that.
Next suggestion?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
I thought you were satirizing right-wing rhetoricians til I noticed you were from Wasilia, Alaska.
High-larious!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Please tell me you don't mean that. Why would any American, Democrat or Republican, want to destroy the US?

Yes, I have taken sides somewhat in my original post in the intersest of "full disclosure". Nobody can pretend not to have his own opinion on this matter and I wanted to share mine but above all wanted to emphasize the need for unity instead of hatred and fighting.
I absolutely mean every word of my post. In order to understand the abject hatred the Democratic Party has for the US you have to comprehend their history. At no time in their 185 year history has the Democratic Party done anything to further life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness in the US. Just the opposite actually.

Democrats supported slavery, lynching, imprisoning thousands of Americans and confiscated their property without a trial or being charged with a crime, created segregation, created the very first terrorist organization in 1867 in order to kill other Americans, etc., etc., etc. The laundry list of atrocities committed by the Democratic Party is virtually endless.

Ever wonder where Hitler got his ideas for his "Final Solution?" They came from the Democratic Party in the US who were, and still are, big proponents of eugenics. While the fascist Democrats were in power during the 1930s they experimented on Americans without their consent, forced sterilization, and committed the same crimes Hitler was accused of committing. Read up on the history of Margaret Sanger, and her abomination that still exists today - Planned Parenthood.

There can never be unity with such a monstrous organization, any more than Germans of today could find unity with the NAZI Party if it still existed. There is no greater threat to the continuance of the US than the Democratic Party. Not terrorism, not even other nations pose such a serious threat as the Democratic Party, the anti-American party.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM

326 posts, read 673,208 times
I don't see today's Democratic Party as having much in common with the one you described (pre WW1). What relevance does this have today? I could equally say that christian churches are bad because they have killed so many in the name of god. I think what matters is what the Democratic Party stands for today (including the more recent past). I mention the Civil Rights Act of 1964 signed into law by President Johnson as a more relevant examle of what the Democrats have been standing for in the 20th century.

I fear that an extreme attitude like yours makes working together for the greater good of the nation almost impossible.

Thankfully, all Americans I have ever spoken to in real life have held much less extreme views.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
I mention the Civil Rights Act of 1964 signed into law by President Johnson as a more relevant examle of what the Democrats have been standing for in the 20th century.
More Republicans voted for that bill than Democrats.

The Democrats who opposed it attempted to obstruct passage of the Civil Rights Act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies