Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please.
All that "I thought black people were wonderful til I came to C-D" stuff is a fraud.
Excuse me?

I don't divide people by race like you do, so I don't even know what thinking that people with a certain skin color are "swell" is even supposed to mean. I see people as individuals, whereas it seems that you want to see people as a demographic. That kind of thinking really baffles me. Why don't you consider unity as a valid objective rather than division?

As for your misinterpretation of what I said - let me clear that up you.

I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't understand why some people make such an issue about skin color instead of acknowledging others as people.

I have lived my entire life in diverse neighborhoods - and it was only until I came to this site that I realized that some people think that Jim Crow and the Civil Rights era are still going on.

Let's just be civil to each other.
You are the one who twisted my words around to mean something else entirely.

Let me clarify. I have lived in mixed neighborhoods in Seattle and Los Angeles. I have never been exposed to people who thought that racism was rampant and that black people are being persecuted to a large extent until I came to this site. Maybe you should try living in my neighborhoods to learn such a standpoint.

I am not denying that it was different where you have lived, only telling you my point of view from what I have experienced. People of all races and backgrounds got along in my neighborhoods and still do. I didn't even have a concept of race until I entered college and it was forced upon me by liberal professors. I only understood that in other parts of the country, racism was historically a fact of life, and I was glad that i lived where that didn't matter. Black. Hispanic, White, Asian - where I grew up, everyone lived, played, and worked together, and racial differences weren't an issue.

Anyways, I am sick and tired of people on this forum assuming that they know something about me and portraying as something that i am not. I have given you an honest description of my childhood neighborhoods and current area residence as i can. I get that perhaps you haven't experienced such a diverse upbringing, and may find it hard to understand that I could be so indifferent to racial tension, but the fact is - it just didn't exist in the mixed area where I have lived.

Sorry to burst your bubble - but that is the truth.

We all bleed red, the era of institutionalized segregation is over, and its time to unite instead of divide.

Rodney King once said "can't we get along"?

I'm willing - are you?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Excuse me?

I don't divide people by race like you do, so I don't even know what thinking that people with a certain skin color are "swell" is even supposed to mean. I see people as individuals, whereas it seems that you want to see people as a demographic. That kind of thinking really baffles me. Why don't you consider unity as a valid objective rather than division?

As for your misinterpretation of what I said - let me clear that up you.

I said:

You are the one who twisted my words around to mean something else entirely.

Let me clarify. I have lived in mixed neighborhoods in Seattle and Los Angeles. I have never been exposed to people who thought that racism was rampant and that black people are being persecuted to a large extent until I came to this site. Maybe you should try living in my neighborhoods to learn such a standpoint.

I am not denying that it was different where you have lived, only telling you my point of view from what I have experienced. People of all races and backgrounds got along in my neighborhoods and still do. I didn't even have a concept of race until I entered college and it was forced upon me by liberal professors. I only understood that in other parts of the country, racism was historically a fact of life, and I was glad that i lived where that didn't matter. Black. Hispanic, White, Asian - where I grew up, everyone lived, played, and worked together, and racial differences weren't an issue.

Anyways, I am sick and tired of people on this forum assuming that they know something about me and portraying as something that i am not. I have given you an honest description of my childhood neighborhoods and current area residence as i can. I get that you haven't experienced such a diverse upbringing, and may find it hard to understand that I could be so indifferent to racial tension, but the fact is - it just didn't exist in the mixed area where I have lived.

Sorry to burst your bubble - but that is the truth.

We all bleed red, the era of institutionalized segregation is over, and its time to unite instead of divide.

Rodney King once said "can't we get along"?

I'm willing - are you?
Funny, you claim you are anti racist, yet you seem to be butting heads with Black members on this forum and defending White priders.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
So black's are screaming and moaning? What else is new....something don't go their way they know damn well the race card works great to insure white guilt..
And here you are screaming and moaning yourself while you'd have the same reaction if someone said cracker on live TV.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Funny, you claim you are anti racist, yet you seem to be butting heads with Black members on this forum and defending White priders.
I most certainly am anti-racist. I have consistently been admantly clear that racism is abhorrent.

You say that I "butt heads with black members on this forum"? Uhhh... it is an internet forum - I don't know what anyones racial background is unless they tell me, and quite frankly it doesn't matter.

I do know that I butt heads with you, and that is because I disagree with your political opinions. If you happen to be black, which I don't know to be true or false, then that is a coincidence.

It is very disturbing that some people are so obsessed by race that it informs everything that they think or say. I recognized this early on when I joined the Politics forum and have consistently spoken against such people.

The entire racial division game is tiresome and counterproductive. Why can't everybody debate by seeing people as individuals?

Would you like to join me, or are you just interested in being a baiter?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Obviously it was an accident, anyone who thinks otherwise should submerse their computer in water and log off forever.
Hopefully with it still plugged in.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If she did this on purpose, I hope that she gets fired.
If she did it on purpose, she wanted to be fired. It was a slip of the tongue.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hopefully with it still plugged in.
That's a bit harsh...

Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Sorry OP but there is still no black "outrage" for this reporter's slip of the tongue...EPIC THREAD FAIL!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 AM

408 posts, read 607,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm trying to imagine in what context your post would not be offensive...
In the context of better reading comprehension I presume.

EDIT: wait, were you defending the existence of this thread? in that case nevermind.

EDIT2: wait, you mean to white people? Definitely not offensive. Unless your whiteness is a primary source of pride, in which case I'm pleased to offend. OP claims to be colorblind though. He definitely won't be offended in that case.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM

408 posts, read 607,819 times
Quote:
Do you support what Foxx said?

If you do, it indicates that you are more interested in division than unity.
I support a slave in his decision to kill his masters for the sake of freeing himself and his loved ones, yes. But this is in the context of a Hollywood movie, like myself and another poster mentioned.

Do you support the existence of this thread? I for one, refuse to believe that a person who supports the existence of this thread and others like it can possibly ''abhor racism''.

So which is it? Are you in agreement that this thread is a wasteful, tired race-baiting piece of junk that only serves to divide us? Or are you a disingenuous mild racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies