Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Get over youself.... you guys were even worse when Bush was in office

Yawn..... the fake outrage is amazing as always from the left
Yeah, many liberals were pretty bad during the Bush era....though we were starting pointless wars with countries we shouldn't be occupying in the first place. But that is a different story.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:18 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, many liberals were pretty bad during the Bush era....though we were starting pointless wars with countries we shouldn't be occupying in the first place. But that is a different story.
No, the core issue is the vile tone toward the president, no matter which party he is

It has been equally bad for both of them. I will admit that the right goes overboard with SOME of the Obama criticism

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,221,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The real problem isn't race, but what drives the violence up. If we're gonna dismiss it as a racial problem, then let's just say that its no big deal and be done with it. After all, this is mainly black and brown violence being committed within their own communities. Why should whites care about that?
Because it is far more than just black on black or brown on brown crime, it extends beyond those communities. The media sweeps it under the rug and suppresses it, but black on white crime is far more common than we think. Black thugs and gangs often target whites by choice for muggings, beatings, robberies, and rapes. Many whites are fed up with this and have armed themselves. Am rather surprised that there has not been a Bernhard Goetz Part II incident, the 1984 NYC subway shooting of four young black men that tried to mug Goetz. Perhaps there has been, but the public was never made aware of it.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Because it is far more than just black on black or brown on brown crime, it extends beyond those communities. The media sweeps it under the rug and suppresses it, but black on white crime is far more common than we think. Black thugs and gangs often target whites by choice for muggings, beatings, robberies, and rapes. Many whites are fed up with this and have armed themselves. Am rather surprised that there has not been a Bernhard Goetz Part II incident, the 1984 NYC subway shooting of four young black men that tried to mug Goetz. Perhaps there has been, but the public was never made aware of it.
Inter racial violence is not that common it still happens, but most of the violence is intraracial.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times
Quote:
The reason for this, which also applies to the Scandinavian nations and to Japan, is a much more homogeneous population. Taking only the crime statistics committed by American non Hispanic whites would find those numbers compare quite favorably with those of other countries noted for low rates of violent crime. The single most important indicator for crime in an area is the percentage of non white residents. Before the liberals come out of the woodwork screaming racist, am well aware that there are some very safe black and Hispanic neighborhoods, and some all white ones that are very dangerous. However, "PC" or not, the fact is that blacks and latinos commit crimes at a far higher rate than do whites. This fact has been largely ignored and pushed into the background under the guise of being PC and not being racist or biased. Chicago, Detroit, Gary, Los Angeles, Stockton, and every other city of any size that are rated as the most crime ridden are all heavily minority populated.
Yet some of the safest areas in the country are all along the Mexican border and 90 percent or more Hispanic.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Get over youself.... you guys were even worse when Bush was in office

Yawn..... the fake outrage is amazing as always from the left
I'm not outraged about anything. That would require passion on some level about the topic at hand. Me? I'm ambivalent.
Quote:
Read my post again. You obviously missed my whole point.

And don't waste my time with the whole "black on white crime" thing. I really don't give a damn about that.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Consider this though. Who is the most likely to die at the hands of a Black man? Another Black man.

And I have a question for you. All of this mentioned about "Black crime", I really have to ask this. What exactly are you proposing? Nobody brings up "Black crime" unless they have an agenda, or some kind of public policy to propose, and usually a public policy that would harm persons like me.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Is it because Obama lived in Chicago?? Gary Indiana has a much higher homicide rate, as do many other cities.
Mostly because it is just another mindless why to some how bash the President by proxy. Not that any intelligent person buys it but the right wing is seldom accused of being intelligent.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,221,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

And I have a question for you. All of this mentioned about "Black crime", I really have to ask this. What exactly are you proposing? Nobody brings up "Black crime" unless they have an agenda, or some kind of public policy to propose, and usually a public policy that would harm persons like me.
The end of social engineering and official government policies, inplemented for decades by the political left, that has resulted in the destruction of the black family. Back in the 30's thru 50's, when black families were still intact, crime was far less common in their communities. This topic has been discussed before on this and other forums, for more insight on this subject, researching and reading the comments of Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams, both elderly black educators and authors, is highly recommended.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
The end of social engineering and official government policies, inplemented for decades by the political left, that has resulted in the destruction of the black family. Back in the 30's thru 50's, when black families were still intact, crime was far less common in their communities. This topic has been discussed before on this and other forums, for more insight on this subject, researching and reading the comments of Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams, both elderly black educators and authors, is highly recommended.
My big problem, however, was the way that you put it. You were putting as of "Blacks are a problem". I see it as this. The violence taking place among many poor Blacks is a symptom of other problems taking place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies