Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Were the 'terrorists' muslim type extremists (the current good guys), or your typical US male white anglo saxon citizen (the current bad guys)?
Is being a terrorist tied to race, or is it tied to the actions of the terrorist?

Your whiteness doesn't make you any better or worse person what anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Were the 'terrorists' muslim type extremists (the current good guys), or your typical US male white anglo saxon citizen (the current bad guys)?
Guess you're unfamiliar with Miami's ports which could provide access for a dirty bomb and/or terrorists.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
We are not anti-military but the opposite actually.
Sure sounds like you think the military is plotting against you and other white people.

I haven't seen such childishness in a long while.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure sounds like you think the military is plotting against you and other white people.

I haven't seen such childishness in a long while.

lol, first off where did I mention race or my ethnic makeup, that is someone else's posts. Nope, don't think the military is plotting, most of them would refuse to attack American civilians (knowingly).

On the otherhand I am distrustful of the politicians who use the military.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:05 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You've been busted.
I don't know what this is supposed to mean.

Let me ask you the question directly.

Do you think that it would have been politically correct to conduct the exercise anywhere but downtown Miami?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Do you think that it would have been politically correct to conduct the exercise anywhere but downtown Miami?
You're being "baited" so you can be labeled.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I don't think the exercises had anything at all to do with being politically correct or not. YOU are the person who brought up political correctness of the exercises and specifically mentioned two communities in Miami-Dade which are predominately black.

"Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, certain other religions, beliefs or ideologies, disability, and age-related contexts, and, as purported by the term, doing so to an excessive extent. In current usage, the term is primarily pejorative,[1][2]"

Political correctness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You're being "baited" so you can be labeled.
Really? How about just trying to understand what this poster meant when he brought political correctness into the conversation and mentioned two predominately black communities in the Miami area?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
I don't think the exercises had anything at all to do with being politically correct or not. YOU are the person who brought up political correctness of the exercises and specifically mentioned two communities in Miami-Dade which are predominately black.

"Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, certain other religions, beliefs or ideologies, disability, and age-related contexts, and, as purported by the term, doing so to an excessive extent. In current usage, the term is primarily pejorative,[1][2]"

Political correctness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Judging by your conduct in a host of other threads, you are just itching to catch yourself a racist. Here's a tip for ya, relax. As much as you want it to be true, not everyone with differing opinions from yourself is a racist.

Call off the witch hunt, sugar pie.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
You are the one who mentioned that the communities are "predominately black" - I never said anything about the communities demographics.

Why that is such an issue for you is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies