Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Joseph Goebbels would be proud of our main stream media. Therein lies the answer to the OPs question.
Seriously... I mean these people come to the conclusion that the way to have less gun violence is to tax and regulate gun owners and then five seconds later claim the way to increase the economy is to tax and regulate it.

It's the blind (this administration) leading the deaf, dumb and blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
True. You know...I considered myself a Republican for the last 10 years of so of my life but I feel like talking with all of the "conservatives" on this page and after seeing how ridiculous all of the arguments are I have decidely moved to the left.

City-Data's GOP posters have successfully lost a (former) reliable GOP voter.

Congrats?
I can't say CD's radical right wing nuts did it, as the wing nuts the party has run the last 4 years did the job already.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Joseph Goebbels would be proud of our main stream media. Therein lies the answer to the OPs question.
Touche!

Right on! Repped!!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Oh please, no. Never use city-data forums to influence your political opinions.

That would be like taking fitness advice from Rosie O'Donnel.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You keep repeating that so, here, take this in fully so that you don't continue to outright lie...

TREASURY SECRETARY PAUL H. O'NEILL TESTIMONY BEFORE A JOINT HEARING OF THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS AND SENATE COMMITTEE ON FINANCE
That ^ was 3/2001 and the news was not good.

In 6/2001, he said:

“I come to you as managing director of Social Security,†he said. “Today we have no assets in the trust fund. We have the good faith and credit of the United States government that benefits will flow.â€

He was fired in 2/220 for public disagreement with Bush policies, Social Security, Medicare, tax cuts, stimulous,war, budget deficits and the national debt. Looks like he may have nailed it, 12 years ago.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Inauguration high also he's really at 48% approval you have to subtract out Blacks.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT. BUSH'S FAULT!!!!! Naw...it just takes a long time to improve an economy.:r olleyes: Like 5 years or so.:rolley es:
Reality is that it took 40 years of bipartiasanship to get to "right now".
Even Paul Ryan, just last week on The Press, said Republicans and Democrats are responsible.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post

Oh please, no. Never use city-data forums to influence your political opinions.

That would be like taking fitness advice from Rosie O'Donnel.
I was on the edge and as I said, my vote was not going to matter given my state is blue. I remain fond of my own hopeful fantasy of the President Romney could have been if it were not for the extreme in the GOP. Let's just say, CD made me more aware of that extreme.
These social agendas are like debating the color of the curtains, while the house is burning.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reality is that it took 40 years of bipartiasanship to get to "right now".
Even Paul Ryan, just last week on The Press, said Republicans and Democrats are responsible.
Dont fall for that BS.

When republicans believe(believe,not know) they are right, they say everything is the fault of the democrats. When believe they are wrong, they say that its everyone's fault.

The truth is, that the slow recovery of the last 3 years is mostly their fault. You can blame Obama for caving on key issues.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Dont fall for that BS.

When republicans believe(believe,not know) they are right, they say everything is the fault of the democrats. When believe they are wrong, they say that its everyone's fault.

The truth is, that the slow recovery of the last 3 years is mostly their fault. You can blame Obama for caving on key issues.
I tend to view almost everything with bipartisan glasses and don't think in absolutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies