Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 AM

651 posts, read 705,600 times

Advertisements

Watching the Gabby Gifford testimony I thought of John Travolta pushing in his client in a wheel chair and wiping the drool from his chin in fained disgust in the movie A Civil Action. LOL You don't trot out people like Mrs. Gifford unless you are going for the sympathy ploy.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
this thread is going to get really ugly really quick

Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Watching the Gabby Gifford testimony I thought of John Travolta pushing in his client in a wheel chair and wiping the drool from his chin in fained disgust in the movie A Civil Action. LOL You don't trot out people like Mrs. Gifford unless you are going for the sympathy ploy.

What is her expertise about this manufactured issue that warrants her testimony? Being shot by a mentally ill person with a PISTOL does not make her an automatic expert on RIFLES.

I attended a few football games. Let me know when I am called to testify about the effects of concusions on football players.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
What gets me about her and her husband making statements on gun control and how background checks would have prevented what happened to her is the fact that the county sheriff helped Loughner hide his mental illness so he COULD buy guns. Everyone knows this, but won't address it. A background check wouldn't have turned anything up on Loughner because his mental illness was hidden for the purpose of buying guns. Just think about that for a minute. The very man who shot this woman was helped by the county sheriff to hide his mental illness from the background check system and here they are trying to tell the nation that a background check would have prevented this. These people make me sick with their obvious agenda and disconcern for the truth.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Oh for sure. She's taking over for Jim Brady. The younger folks don't know who he is anymore and he's too old now to be wheeling him around for the circus show.

FWIW there's financial connections back to Obama. A big Obama donor is the Treasurer of her activist group and donated several million dollars to get it off the ground.

Follow the money and you get the real story.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh for sure. She's taking over for Jim Brady. The younger folks don't know who he is anymore and he's too old now to be wheeling him around for the circus show.

FWIW there's financial connections back to Obama. A big Obama donor is the Treasurer of her activist group and donated several million dollars to get it off the ground.

The media will lose interest in this "dog and pony show" as soon as the George Zimmerman trial ramps up in June. Once he is found "not guilty", they will finally have to start covering real issues that affect ALL OF OF US..... THE ECONOMY!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Gabby Gifford's, bring out the cripple kid for the sympathy ploy

Quote:

Sure didn't fool you, did it, n00b...

Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
As citizens they've the right to speak. I just wouldn't proclaim them experts on guns, crime and gun legislation.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,385,515 times
This is politics and it ain't nice. You use what you got and hope the other guy can't counter. Politics is a something where the words fair, justice, honor etc are not used...maybe the use is actually prohibited.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies