Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 01:56 PM

200 posts, read 274,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I went to another source.
Okay, what about it? More corrupted drivel about how "there's more genetic variation between a white and a white than a white and a black?" Give me a break, man. It's nothing more than a misrepresentation by them, misinterprentation by you, of DNA research and I already provided the sources setting it straight.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:00 PM

73,068 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
Okay, what about it? More corrupted drivel about how "there's more genetic variation between a white and a white than a white and a black?" Give me a break, man. It's nothing more than a misrepresentation by them, misinterprentation by you, of DNA research and I already provided the sources setting it straight.
You really believe it's misinterpreted?

By the way "misinterpretation" is spelled with 2 n's, not 3.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Honestly, this is the way I see it. Demographics change throughout time. My main concern is for the way I am treated, and the freedoms I have. If I'm treated decently, then all is well. If demographics don't change as much as some think, okay. If it does change, okay. What happens will happen. As for immigration, I'm for it as long as the persons come legally. We are a nation of immigrants. My ancestors didn't even come here as immigrants. Most of my ancestors came from Africa as slaves(I also have some Irish, Creole, Native American, and possibly some German ancestry). I look at things like this. Racism is about power and control over others. It is definitely a moral issue. However, those who perpetrate racism are not doing it from a moral perspective. It is about economics, power, and control. It is about having control. It works like this. Those who have had the money and the power have tried pitting people against each other to keep themselves rich. This has happened in the South. Look at Bacon's Rebellion. African slaves and White indentured servants getting together and fighting against the elites who were basically taking advantage of both of them. This scared the elites in Virginia. Many of the elite colonists decided to make slavery racial, making Africans slaves for life, and given Whites some land and putting some of them on slave patrols.

Spanish-American War: Cuba was a colony of Spain until the end of the 19th century. Half of the Cuban army consisted of Blacks. Some of the elites in Spain pointed to this and claimed that Cuba would be "another Haiti" if Cuba won. Jose Marti, a Cuban intellectual, basically said that those who point to race were the Spanish elite, who didn't want Cuba to be free. He believed in a free Cuba for ALL Cubans, Black and White. He said that there needed to be reconciliation among the races and that Cuba was for everyone, Black and White.

The Civil War in the USA. The first states to secede from the Union did so because they wanted to keep slavery. It is in the Articles of Secession, and I've learned this from some Civil War historians. Considering that most Whites in the South didn't own slaves and many were poor, it can be surmised that the elites were looking out only for their economic interests. Slavery was an economic issue.

Last edited by green_mariner; 04-07-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 04-07-2013, 02:04 PM

I can't see the book by Ashley Montagu since my computer is slow and worth about $250 but I highly doubt you read 303 pages for you to be sourcing me there. And your last source, "Skeptimedia," lost credibility when they tried to pass off the ancient Egyptian civilization as the "African" they know they were asked about, dodging it, a crystal clear sign of an agenda.

I'm not totally convinced that race plays a part in behavioral patterns, nor am I convinced that it doesn't. I think it is just as possible as any other features unique to each individual race whether within the human race or other animal kingdoms.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
I don't pay attention to skin color for the most part until it's pointed out to me.
Same way I didn't pay attention to gender when I worked in the corporate world (female engineer).

Once pointed out though..then I feel awkward and just want to get the heck out of there.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You really believe it's misinterpreted?

By the way "misinterpretation" is spelled with 2 n's, not 3.
Yes, it is. How could it not be? Who actually believes that a European is more closely related to a black African than another European? Seriously...

I get those brain farts a lot now it seems about the spelling. Spelling was always a guaranteed A+ for me in school.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I can't see the book by Ashley Montagu since my computer is slow and worth about $250 but I highly doubt you read 303 pages for you to be sourcing me there. And your last source, "Skeptimedia," lost credibility when they tried to pass off the ancient Egyptian civilization as the "African" they know they were asked about, dodging it, a crystal clear sign of an agenda.

I'm not totally convinced that race plays a part in behavioral patterns, nor am I convinced that it doesn't. I think it is just as possible as any other features unique to each individual race whether within the human race or other animal kingdoms.
I'm not convinced that race plays any role at all.

And as for Egypt, you might want to look at this: http://wysinger.homestead.com/who_were_egyptian.pdf

Black Pharaohs - National Geographic Magazine

Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I'm not convinced that race plays any role at all.

And as for Egypt, you might want to look at this: http://wysinger.homestead.com/who_were_egyptian.pdf

Black Pharaohs - National Geographic Magazine
"Between about 1500 B.C. and 1100 B.C., Kush (Nubia) was administered as a province of Egypt," said William Y. Adams, a noted archaeologist from the University of Kentucky, who has spent many years excavating in Sudan.
This allowed the Egyptians to control its trade, and especially to control its important gold mines, which made Egypt the richest nation on Earth between about 1500 and 1100 B.C.

For much of Egyptian history, Nubia had been regarded merely as a source of manpower and minerals for the Egyptian state. Then, around 730 BC, tables were turned, and the Nubian King Piye invaded and conquered Egypt. The king and his successors were, however, steeped in Egyptian culture, and viewed themselves as the renewers of ancient glories, rather than as foreign incomers. As such, they revived the ancient custom of pyramid building, which had been dropped by the pharaohs some eight centuries before - shown above are the ruins of the pyramid of Taharqa (690-664 BC). Despite this history, Taharqa's successor was soon driven out of Egypt by an Assyrian invasion, never to return." Egypt, although blacks were present, and even ruled after it was no longer a great power, was not a “black” civilization. The black civilizations that afrocentrists try to promote were all dependent on another culture (e.g., Egyptian, Arabic, Islamic). “Pure” black civilizations were still in the stone age when European explorers arrived.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,739,563 times
Quote:
But I do think black people do have traits genetically, which from a biological standpoint is perfectly logical, that influences generally a greater lack of impulse control than their European cousins.
And if I may be so bold as to guess, you are white and QUITE right wing. Did I guess correctly?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,920,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Just caught this gem....well, seeing how 74% of the United States is White, I'd say the village people 2.0 have a long, long way to go......break it down.....315 known Americans, roughly 50 million of which are of Hispanic origin, 20 million of African descent,Asian and Hindi and Eskimo are rounding errors. And the rest? Drum roll.....230 million are Caucasian......I know, let that sink in a bit......

So, said another way, 3 out of 4 are white. The race the other one out of four love to hate. Ironically, it's liberal whites that carried you in...that and soon to be the remaining unemployed union workers....without them the minority races wouldn't stand a chance on election night....I know, put the gun down and quit kicking the dog for a minute.....

Soooooo, despite Chris Matthews suck up to African American tour, America is still 74% white. And the way the media tells it you would think it were reverse.....so, the village people 2.0 will have to wait awhile longer. Here's the other thing, as minority races climb, they tend to have LESS kids as they, like whites, would rather have the money, vacations and other entrapments of a rich society.

Look it up. That means for every white kid that is downloaded by a white woman, the other races have to download exponentially more. Now we know there are some who have a big head start but, there just aren't enough rappers for all dem kids.

11 kids and 9 baby moms....please......
Black ladies don't have big families in 2013 and "Hispanic" Indian ladies are having less and less kids too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies