Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times

Advertisements

http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/2013/...omment-page-1/
San Bernardino DA Ramos asks for DNA from Illegal Aliens before Amnesty is given.

Read his reasons, all very valid BTW. And they should charge them for it also.

This way we won't have any " known " criminals in the mix and at the same time quite a few unsolved cases might be resolved.

Great idea !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
I think it's a great idea. What would the Gang of Eight do?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Excellent idea. Don't want to give up your DNA? Don't ask for amnesty. Seems quite fair to me.

ETA: As far as rights go, they aren't citizens yet, they don't have the same rights.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/2013/...omment-page-1/
San Bernardino DA Ramos asks for DNA from Illegal Aliens before Amnesty is given.

Read his reasons, all very valid BTW. And they should charge them for it also.

This way we won't have any " known " criminals in the mix and at the same time quite a few unsolved cases might be resolved.

Great idea !!!
I don't like the idea, even if the reasons are valid. It's a bad idea on principle. It puts too much power in government hands. I don't even like the fact that people get fingerprinted when arrested. Even if you turn out to be innocent, they still have that fingerprint data. I don't like that. I didn't like the 2010 census either. I gave my address and the number of people living in my house and that's it. The constitution states the census is to apportion representation in government, not to collect everyone's race, age, marital status, telephone number, etc. I don't think the government needs to know every detail about every citizen's life. I say no to any mass DNA collection.

If you're convicted (not accused) of a crime, then sure law enforcement should keep your fingerprints and DNA. Otherwise, no.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I don't like the idea, even if the reasons are valid. It's a bad idea on principle. It puts too much power in government hands. I don't even like the fact that people get fingerprinted when arrested. Even if you turn out to be innocent, they still have that fingerprint data. I don't like that. I didn't like the 2010 census either. I gave my address and the number of people living in my house and that's it. The constitution states the census is to apportion representation in government, not to collect everyone's race, age, marital status, telephone number, etc. I don't think the government needs to know every detail about every citizen's life. I say no to any mass DNA collection.

If you're convicted (not accused) of a crime, then sure law enforcement should keep your fingerprints and DNA. Otherwise, no.
I disagree, Obama is constantly claiming that these lawbreakers are law abiding ( Yeah Right !!!) then let them prove it !

The Illegals want everything their way then they should readily submit to this, afterall it's a small price to pay for staying here.

What do they need to worry about if they've been on the up and up ?

If not maybe we can resolve some unsolved crimes and help deter future ones.

Sounds like a win - win situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies