Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 PM

554 posts, read 609,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So people with GED educations and 6 weeks of training "make you feel safe" ?

We're not talking Border Control or FBI or even local LE aptitude here.
These are people who, if they can't work for the TSA go to Walmart for jobs.

Here's a gallery of some of those TSA agents only you won't see them anymore because they are currently behind bars for the crimes they committed while on duty.."protecting" you.
A Rogues' Gallery of TSA Agents | Photos - ABC News
Right on ! TSA = biggest collection of morons in recent history.

I refuse to go through those "whole body" scanners at the airports. Whether x-ray or millimeter wave (radio waves), I don't like the idea of my body tissues being bombarded by forces along the electromagnetic spectrum. I know physicists at work who refuse to do so; if they aren't gonna do it, neither am I.

And I can't help it: I always try to make it just a little difficult for them. After the TSA agent goes through his spiel about what he's going to do, he then asks, "do you have any questions ?" And lately I've been saying, "no, but I thought you should know that I'm sensitive to touch and I usually get an erection when people put their hands on me".

The responses have been hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,479,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The younger generations see no problem with it because they grew up with it.
To change a society you go after the youth. Leave the old ones to die off and become the minority.
You get to the youth and you make lasting changes.

My own son has never seen an airport where there was no security and anyone could accompany you to the gate to say goodbye or meet you at the gate when you arrive.

He has no memory of that because he's never experienced that in America.
He's totally accustomed to what we have today at airports as the norm hence he sees no infringement of his rights. See where this is going ?
I agree, and it is truly pathetic. During the 1960s there were no metal detectors, and no rifling through people's luggage looking for those assault toe-clippers. Other than airport police, there was very little security of any kind. There certainly was no federal government violating my constitutionally protected rights either.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,479,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Excuse me, but this is America and I believe in freedom!!!!!!
That is obviously a lie.

Nobody who supports the TSA believes in freedom or individual inherent rights. TSA supporters are fascists and anti-American by definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
How am I supposed feel free if I don't feel safe?

God, you act like there's something wrong with this or whatever. Jeez, get a grip.
Obviously there is something VERY wrong with this. We fought a Revolution to preserve our liberty, which you casually toss away as if it were trash. What part of Patrick Henry's statement "Give me liberty or give me death!" are you not able to comprehend?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,999,050 times
You don't think there might be a chance that some disturbed individual might want to use the greatest public event in the USA to go out with a burst of glory or infamy by using the this venue for a mass shooting. With the right arms it would be a turkey shoot and on Global TV!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,613,577 times
This is what people want. A TSA agent in every public place, a soldier on every street corner and a camera in every bedroom. This will help keep us "safe". The next generation will live in the world that they have assented to.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM

1,444 posts, read 1,942,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That is obviously a lie.

Nobody who supports the TSA believes in freedom or individual inherent rights. TSA supporters are fascists and anti-American by definition.

Obviously there is something VERY wrong with this. We fought a Revolution to preserve our liberty, which you casually toss away as if it were trash. What part of Patrick Henry's statement "Give me liberty or give me death!" are you not able to comprehend?
LOL, enough of this.

Glitch, my praise of the TSA is pure sarcasm. I would have thought that my initial post on this thread was nuanced clearly enough, but, well, I guess not for everyone.

Really, shouldn't the whole "sleazeoid in a faux police uniform" have been an obvious indicator?

Oh well.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You don't think there might be a chance that some disturbed individual might want to use the greatest public event in the USA to go out with a burst of glory or infamy by using the this venue for a mass shooting. With the right arms it would be a turkey shoot and on Global TV!
Oh, so now the TSA will protect you from "mass shooters" ?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,527,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is what people want. A TSA agent in every public place, a soldier on every street corner and a camera in every bedroom. This will help keep us "safe". The next generation will live in the world that they have assented to.
No i dont. the Super Bowl is a large event, large events all over the world have high security...

Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The DHS has already put out advice for what do to in a mass shooting.

Run away or pick up a pair of scissors.
Feel safer now ?

They even made a "Prepardedness video" to show you how to do this.

Homeland Security has advice for confronting mass murders: scissors - NYPOST.com

Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,613,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No i dont. the Super Bowl is a large event, large events all over the world have high security...
This isn't true, security might be high during certain events in certain countries, but not "all over the world". And having security at an event isn't the same thing as having government goons running security in public every place, in every private establishment and on every public road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies