Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,004,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
How DARE they try to keep fans safe!

/end fake outrage
The Super Bowl doesn't have nearly as much fan violence, street rioting, and racism as European football does.

The TSA pat-downs at sporting events are unwarranted, unneeded, and unreasonable. This is another example of how Americans' everyday movements are being questioned and monitored, which should alarm us all if we truly value our freedom.

By the way, how much did the TSA donate to Obama's re-election campaign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The Super Bowl doesn't have nearly as much fan violence, street rioting, and racism as European football does.

The TSA pat-downs at sporting events are unwarranted, unneeded, and unreasonable. This is another example of how Americans' everyday movements are being questioned and monitored, which should alarm us all if we truly value our freedom.

By the way, how much did the TSA donate to Obama's re-election campaign?
It is neither unwarranted, unneeded nor unreasonable. Don't want it? Don't go to the game. I guarantee, someone else will take your place who can't be bothered to nitpick about such trivial crap. We have a huge summer festival here every year. Every single person entering the gate gets a pat down & must open their bags. OH MY GOD HOW ANNOYING!!! Nope, not at all. It takes at the most 3 minutes. If you're frothing over such an insignificant thing, than perhaps you should lock yourself in your home. Really, you're much too paranoid to be out in public.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
LOL to the "If you don't like it then ...." folks.

Do you notice that list is growing from just flying ?

It's now planes, buses, trains, sports games, conventions, etc.
Slowly the TRANSPORTATION Security Administration is expanding from "transportation".

Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,522,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Slowly the TRANSPORTATION Security Administration is expanding from "transportation".
Malls and shopping centers.

Campaign events.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,966 times
Quote:

I hear that phrase ad nauseum from republicans concerning living here in the states. I must've heard it from them.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,619,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I hear that phrase ad nauseum from republicans concerning living here in the states. I must've heard it from them.
About what ? If you don't like "what" is coming from the Republicans ?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM

1,444 posts, read 1,944,647 times
I see nothing wrong with any of this, as I want nothing more than for my fellow Americans to be safe.

And if some sleazoid in a faux cop uniform has to grab your sack for such necessary assurance, then so be it.

Safety first!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,490,102 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Malls and shopping centers.

Campaign events.
When they start breaking down the front door of their homes and seizing whatever they please without a warrant or probable cause, we will just remind them that their constitutionally protected Fourth Amendment rights are just "trival crap" to quote northnut.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,490,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
I see nothing wrong with any of this, as I want nothing more than for my fellow Americans to be safe.

And if some sleazoid in a faux cop uniform has to grab your sack for such necessary assurance, then so be it.

Safety first!
Of course you do not see anything wrong with any of this, because you are completely ignorant of your rights and it appears that you want to stay that way. "Give me safety over liberty" should be your motto. Your ilk do not deserve to have your rights protected. What a waste of human flesh.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,119 times
I could care less, I'll be watching the game on my brand new 65" Sony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies