Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 04:55 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You're assuming success when the homeowner has a gun, far from a guarantee. Look at what happened to the attorney in Texas, McLelland that was murdered in his home. I am sure he had a gun since he had reason to believe he was a target, hard to live your life 24/7 protecting yourself.
Actually, it is quite easy and starts with situational awareness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you own a gun for protection wouldn't you know where to aim for the greatest impact to stop them. Wouldn't you take lessons to be able to take someone down with 1 bullet. If you can't stop someone with 10 bullets then you're shooting willy nilly lol and shouldn't own a gun
You NEVER shoot the threat once. You shoot until the threat is immobilized. Here's an instructional video on how to do it by guys who have had to actually shoot bad guys.

Trigger Time TV, Ep 6, Seg D, Greg and Destin of VATA Group discuss Engagement Sequenses - YouTube

Old 04-02-2013, 05:02 AM

977 posts, read 763,712 times
Default you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Since you have never needed one then they are never useful? Have you ever had to call 911 as a stranger beat on your back door wanting in? I have. Luckily the door held until the police got there and tackled the guy in the yard. Had I been farther out in the country, things might have ended differently.
I own a ranch home in Downers Grove Illinois. In August of 2009 at 2 AM a man came by our window and said 'open the ****in' window right now!' I told my wife to call 911. I grabbed my Glock .45 acp with 230 load hollow points and got out of the bedroom. My wife had the dispatcher on the phone and I told her I was armed. I also told her that if he comes through the window, I'd 'deal with it'. I didn't say the words 'I'll shoot him' for legal reasons. She got my drift. I went to the kitchen window and the guy was passed out on my deck. So I backed off as he was no threat at that point. The cops showed up and hooked him up. Then the sarge came to our door and said the guy will not be bonding out. He must have had a helluva lot of priors or something else extreme enough to not get bond. It turns out the guy was drunk and had the wrong house. He was looking for his buddy a few doors down. Who knew? Who ever knows? The fool almost got popped for being at the wrong house.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I own a ranch home in Downers Grove Illinois. In August of 2009 at 2 AM a man came by our window and said 'open the ****in' window right now!' I told my wife to call 911. I grabbed my Glock .45 acp with 230 load hollow points and got out of the bedroom. My wife had the dispatcher on the phone and I told her I was armed. I also told her that if he comes through the window, I'd 'deal with it'. I didn't say the words 'I'll shoot him' for legal reasons. She got my drift. I went to the kitchen window and the guy was passed out on my deck. So I backed off as he was no threat at that point. The cops showed up and hooked him up. Then the sarge came to our door and said the guy will not be bonding out. He must have had a helluva lot of priors or something else extreme enough to not get bond. It turns out the guy was drunk and had the wrong house. He was looking for his buddy a few doors down. Who knew? Who ever knows? The fool almost got popped for being at the wrong house.
Same here. Guy had the right apartment number but the wrong building in the complex. He was so out of it he wouldn't believe me that it was the wrong apartment. When he climbed the railing onto the back patio area and started with the kicking and yelling, I knew that things were getting serious.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Same here. Guy had the right apartment number but the wrong building in the complex. He was so out of it he wouldn't believe me that it was the wrong apartment. When he climbed the railing onto the back patio area and started with the kicking and yelling, I knew that things were getting serious.
I am always amazed at the gun grabbers who get highly agitated at the thought of people having a weapon. Yet if they ever had an experience like ours they'd run out the next day and buy one. My father was beaten to death in March of 1987. If he had a gun it would have been quite different.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 AM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Happened yesterday near where I live:

UPDATE: One Killed in Attempted Home Invasion in Huntingtown | Southern Maryland News Net

The Sheriff asked anyone who spotted a car full of bullet holes to call the Sheriff's Office.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
The 2nd Amendment isn't about being able to shoot an intruder with less than x number of bullets. Its about being able to defend ourselves from tyranny. You hate the 2nd Amendment, get on a plane and leave the country. Go to Mexico, just get the hell out.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
If you are being invaded by creeps and they enter your home and you are an American who has a fire arm...I suggest you pick up your piece and dash out the back door..call the cops and take a position behind a tree. Shoot outs in close quarters are never advised. The greatest marshal artist will tell you that their finest move is to get physically away from the situation - be it your home or not. BUT seeing the way police are these days they might arrive on the scene and shoot you for being armed...best bet is to live in an area were you don't have apes running wild that might enter your home.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:52 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you are being invaded by creeps and they enter your home and you are an American who has a fire arm...I suggest you pick up your piece and dash out the back door..call the cops and take a position behind a tree. Shoot outs in close quarters are never advised. The greatest marshal artist will tell you that their finest move is to get physically away from the situation - be it your home or not. BUT seeing the way police are these days they might arrive on the scene and shoot you for being armed...best bet is to live in an area were you don't have apes running wild that might enter your home.

...And when the "apes" have badges?

Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If we are in our bedroom and have no way out, I will have to shoot it out.

And where is there a place to live these days where the apes do not exist? I live in a good suburb of Chicago. But things can happen anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies