Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,921,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponderosa View Post
i speak for all conservatives in honestly saying it was his dark skin that made me suspicious of him at first sight. Then it was revealed that he falsified his birth records to hide that he was not an american that sealed the deal.
LOL :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 03:14 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,568,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I realized that I didn't want him as President at about the time that he announced his candidacy. This wasn't based on anything other than his lack of experience, quite frankly. Since then, he's done nothing but reinforce my belief that one should have at least had some executive experience before attempting to run a country.
My reasoning is the same. He's inexperienced and inept as a result. I'm also very leary of the fact he came out of nowhere and won with no experience. That makes me wonder if there isn't a puppet master behind him. I wonder if HE is really running this country. It's not logical to vote a nobody who, who came out of nowhere and has accomplished nothing into office. Usually, America demands that its president have some kind of proven track record. The only thing obummer has done is won the election. Sadly, he did nothing with the power once he had it. He's done nothing since taking office that makes me change my mind. Voting him into office was mistake with a captial M.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 02-03-2013 at 03:24 PM..

Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,035,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
My reasoning is the same. He's inexperienced and inept as a result.
He most certainly is an amateur.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 PM

7,816 posts, read 6,401,344 times
It was when he said that other countries wouldn't be ok with our thermostat settings as if our citizens should answer to them.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,568,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It was when he said that other countries wouldn't be ok with our thermostat settings as if our citizens should answer to them.
His words and actions would indicate that he thinks other countries are more important than the one he was elected to run. Birth certificate or no, I don't feel he is one of us. He's one of us in name only. His loyalties are not here.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 PM

630 posts, read 1,266,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
His words and actions would indicate that he thinks other countries are more important than the one he was elected to run. Birth certificate or no, I don't feel he is one of us. He's one of us in name only. His loyalties are not here.
what are some examples of his actions that make him less American?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:41 PM

6,265 posts, read 5,077,844 times
You asked what made me hate him in the first place and I won't belabor the word "hate" in response, because it's already been belabored to death in this thread.

When I first became aware of Obama I wanted to believe his rhetoric. He was a post-racial, young, charismatic, articulate man of the 21st century, who spoke of uniting instead of dividing, of transparency and accountability, and for a short while I was incredibly interested to find out more about this man.

And then the questions began: the church he had attended, in which he was married and in which his girls were baptised - the home of the domestic terrorist where he began his Chicago political career - his lack of government and business experience - the lack of will by mainstream media to dig into his personal and professional background and ask the tough questions - his associations with community organizations such as ACORN - his clinging to guns and bibles comment - his association with suspect real estate agents - his political strategy of voting "present" - his early comments about spreading the wealth around - his supporters lack of will to look beyond the superficial and to ask the tough questions - his wife's comment that "for the first time in my adult life......etc. etc." To name only a few.

The more I learned, the more troubling the carefully crafted and packaged candidate became.

There were other things that were not in Obama's direct control. The response he received during international speeches such as the one in Germany. As I watched the huge crowds and adulation, I felt extremely uncomfortable and troubled. I thought "no publicly elected official should have the power to be able to elicit that kind of response. That kind of adulation is dangerous". Mainstream media folks talking about thrills up their legs and asking (after the election) about what he was finding "most enchanting" about being president. I thought "the media's responsibility is to report, to ask the tough questions, to hold elected officials accountable" - that kind of adulation is dangerous."

And so it began. It had nothing to do with his race and everything to do with him as a presidential candidate, and my response to the information that was gradually filtering out one piece at a time. When Obama was elected president the first time I remember thinking "He's the president now. He's MY president now. I hope he does well, because if HE does well, we ALL do well".

There was no instantaneous realization that I did not like Barack Obama. Actually whether or not I like him as a man or a human being doesn't even factor into the equation. But I don't like the job he is doing as president. Not at all.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,412,161 times
I think of it as putting a mentally retarded person behind the wheel of a car. Same idea with Obama.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,190 times
"Spread the wealth"

Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,914,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
You know what? You're right. Obviously, every single white person in this country is just FILLED with hatred of blacks and other minorities.
Who said that? Hell, I'm white and try not to be racist and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, hell yes, the Republican Party routinely and deliberately makes appeals to racism on almost a daily basis. It's part of how the party has decided to represent itself for the last half century, why it does so well in the south but not very well in the northeast or far west, it's why very few minorities even consider voting for them, because they've proven it over and over again and at least every week they prove that's still their position. Ignore it if you want but most of the rest of the country isn't willing to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies