Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In wake of recent violent crime, it's a shame that one of the most violent games on the market has sold 25 million copies.

Where are your priorities, America?

Why not throw out the TV gaming console and do something productive instead?

There's nothing you would rather be doing than playing a crappy game? Don't you have dreams? Aren't you worried about the current state of this country?
So, you not only want restrictions on the 2nd, but also the 1st?

NAZI!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
I realize this is just a gotcha thread but this is no different than guns. The overwhelming vast majority of people who play these games do so without ever harming anyone else because of them.

Do they have redeeming value's to society? No, but not everything has to.

Now should we have a discussion about looking into the relatively few with mental health issue's that might have a problem playing them? Yes, I would be open to that discussion but I'm not interested in screwing with people otherwise here.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM

10 posts, read 4,571 times
Puritanism is such a joke, the exact opposite of anarchism. Protestants will never get into heaven no matter how much fuss they make of something. Even God is bored with them!

When will tiny minds understand this?

You want to ban a beautiful work of art like GTA IV but not the common junk that gets broadcast 24/7 on America's second-most holy shrine, the television?

Do you know how much money is involved here? The most holy American shrine will gladly flip you off for such a stupid ultimatum as banning violence.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Nerds have tough lives to begin with, why do you want to take this away from them?
Depends on their age. By age 30 or so, they tend to come into their own in life as people's priorities shift.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So, you not only want restrictions on the 2nd, but also the 1st?

NAZI!
What you didn't catch onto....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I realize this is just a gotcha thread...
This guy did.

Do you people read past the OP?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM

137 posts, read 136,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherwastedwhine View Post
Puritanism is such a joke, the exact opposite of anarchism. Protestants will never get into heaven no matter how much fuss they make of something. Even God is bored with them!

You want to ban a beautiful work of art like GTA IV but not the common junk that gets broadcast 24/7 on America's second-most holy shrine, the television?

Do you know how much money is involved here? The most holy American shrine will gladly flip you off for such a stupid ultimatum as banning violence.
No one wants to ban GTA IV. Read the thread. This is a response thread. It was pointed out in the second post!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherwastedwhine View Post

You got trolled.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
No trolling.... Video games are a serious draw on productivity. I visit college campuses all the time. There are people who play video games for 10 hours/day.

This is such corporate greed. People are such sheep and paying corporations for these violent video games in order to waste their own time.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,480 times
What would Al Gore do?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In wake of recent violent crime, it's a shame that one of the most violent games on the market has sold 25 million copies.

Where are your priorities, America?

Why not throw out the TV gaming console and do something productive instead?

There's nothing you would rather be doing than playing a crappy game? Don't you have dreams? Aren't you worried about the current state of this country?

Who are you, and how are you so divorced from reality. Violent crime rates have been going down since the 90s (just as violence video games such as MK came out). The rate is down (even with crazy Holmes/Lanza) two people can't stop a tidal wave of crime declines.

Nor does it seem to tie with the fact that our popular media is shared throughout the world. . .without an impact.

What a hypocrite

You are 100% productive? Never read a book (Bible is as violent as them come), watch a TV show. You sit and wish for Ma and Pa Kettle and can't believe the Walking Dead is popular?

You stay with Pixar, afraid to watch any R rated movie?

I feel sorry for you, your wife, and your kids. Must be the most boring life out there.

I'm 37, I own GTA IV. Will buy GTA V no doubt (good games). Right now playing Xcom UFO defense when I have a minute. Of course I work all day, and put the kids to sleep. I'm making a choice between TV or a game ..

and you know what, I think games are better for you than TV

(my books are all read at the gym, they are violent too. . .but of course we are a violet species).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies