Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,136,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No evidence of the claim

CIA

No, that is not "fact". As we can see, the claim is dubious at best.
Wrong...

While the govt did NOT provide weapons and training to Bin Ladin personally, they DID provide them to the Mujahideen while they were fighting Russia.

Bin Ladin was a recruiter and mid level leader for the Mujahideen at the time.

This is known fact. Known that Bin Ladin was a leader in the Mujahideen and known fact that we supplied training and weapons. How do you think they got Stinger missiles???

If you won't believe that then how about this...

DOH!!!

Oh what's that he is holding???

Could that be an American Stinger missile??? Naahhhhh....

Zbigniew Brzezinski...

Quote:
"We immediately launched a twofold process when we heard that the Soviets had entered Afghanistan. The first involved direct reactions and sanctions focused on the Soviet Union, and both the State Department and the National Security Council prepared long lists of sanctions to be adopted, of steps to be taken to increase the international costs to the Soviet Union of their actions. And the second course of action led to my going to Pakistan a month or so after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, for the purpose of coordinating with the Pakistanis a joint response, the purpose of which would be to make the Soviets bleed for as much and as long as is possible; and we engaged in that effort in a collaborative sense with the Saudis, the Egyptians, the British, the Chinese, and we started providing weapons to the Mujaheddin, from various sources again – for example, some Soviet arms from the Egyptians and the Chinese. We even got Soviet arms from the Czechoslovak communist government, since it was obviously susceptible to material incentives; and at some point we started buying arms for the Mujaheddin from the Soviet army in Afghanistan, because that army was increasingly corrupt."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbignie...ki#Afghanistan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,484,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Or......he was killed so he didn't have the opportunity to kill another cop - or a cop's family.

Besides, I think it's entirely possible he killed himself.

If that's what the autopsy says, does anyone here want to make any bets that the ones who are here defending him will claim that it's a lie?

I am going to side in with you on this one. My cousin lives up there, my Aunt and a couple of friends, infact i was typing yesterday, as she was giving me details, that constantly changed.

She owns a business up there, and knows everyone, A lot of CHP and Those in Sherrif's Dept.
She was told by someone, that they definitiely heard one shot in that cabin, before it blew up.

Who am i, just speculalting as the rest of you are. I think he knew his end was near, and took his own life, would not give cops the satisfaction of killing him.

Oh yes the conspiracy theories will continue on , people can't be satisfied with facts, so have to come up with their own theories

My cousin says it was a erie day, unpredictible, scary, and so unsure of what would happen next.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,022,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am going to side in with you on this one. My cousin lives up there, my Aunt and a couple of friends, infact i was typing yesterday, as she was giving me details, that constantly changed.

She owns a business up there, and knows everyone, A lot of CHP and Those in Sherrif's Dept.
She was told by someone, that they definitiely heard one shot in that cabin, before it blew up.

Who am i, just speculalting as the rest of you are. I think he knew his end was near, and took his own life, would not give cops the satisfaction of killing him.

Oh yes the conspiracy theories will continue on , people can't be satisfied with facts, so have to come up with their own theories

My cousin says it was a erie day, unpredictible, scary, and so unsure of what would happen next.

You almost knew that it would end that way. I told my wife when we were watching last night, that this guy would be dead within a very short time, as there was no way in Hell he was getting taken alive by the cops.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM

13,621 posts, read 21,437,694 times
I wasn't a supporter of Dorner but I am not happy the way it went down if the cops burned the house down. That and the shooting of the women do make the cops look bad.

Obviously there are issues that need to be addressed but people will probably forget very shortly and corruption will go on.

The women will receive a payment with a "oh well, here you go" attitude. Here is a chance to demand accoutability and reform but short memory and short term outrage will probably prevail. People gripe about America becoming a police state yet it is in their hands to prevent it. Address why cops are trained to be warriors too often, address why they resemble more and more a soldier more than a civilian cop, address why politicians and certain police especially chiefs view themselves as elite and exempt from the laws they demand on everybody else, specially weapons laws which is a personal peeve of mine. Yet Dorner himself supported banning guns from civilians and proping up the elite while then wondering why they then develop a elitist mentality so he was no hero of mine.

Reading his manifesto it is apparent Dorner was a diehard liberal democrat supporter especially for gun control laws, who if he had been accepted in the police he would like to have been part of the elite while supporting bans and restrictions for the everyday citizen. He was no hero of mine, his mindset is what perpetuates elitism "guns for me but not for thee" which leads to abuse. L.A and California (liberal strongholds) attempt to ban guns anyway they can yet allow cops with these guns to shoot up a unarmed truck with women in it and believe that a payoff will make it acceptable.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,286,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Wrong...

While the govt did NOT provide weapons and training to Bin Ladin personally, they DID provide them to the Mujahideen while they were fighting Russia.
You need to follow the thread: this was the claim:

"Did you know that the US government trained Bin Laden as CIA?"

There is no evidence that the US Government trained Bin Laden or that he was trained to be a CIA (he wasn't). Instead of jumping in to a thread, make sure you are following the conversation.

In fact the Al Quaeda Leader even says that Bin Laden wasn't trained by the US

http://usinfo.state.gov/media/Archiv...24-318760.html

And no, he didn't get weapons from the US, he was completely anti-american:

CNN.com - Bergen: Bin Laden, CIA links hogwash - Aug 24, 2006

Quote:
The story about bin Laden and the CIA — that the CIA funded bin Laden or trained bin Laden — is simply a folk myth. There's no evidence of this. In fact, there are very few things that bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri and the U.S. government agree on. They all agree that they didn't have a relationship in the 1980s. And they wouldn't have needed to. Bin Laden had his own money, he was anti-American and he was operating secretly and independently. The real story here is the CIA did not understand who Osama was until 1996, when they set up a unit to really start tracking him.
Even the Pakistani Brigadeer General says the same:

Quote:
"It was always galling to the Americans, and I can understand their point of view, that although they paid the piper they could not call the tune. The CIA supported the mujahideen by spending the taxpayers' money, billions of dollars of it over the years, on buying arms, ammunition, and equipment. It was their secret arms procurement branch that was kept busy. It was, however, a cardinal rule of Pakistan's policy that no Americans ever become involved with the distribution of funds or arms once they arrived in the country. No Americans ever trained or had direct contact with the mujahideen, and no American official ever went inside Afghanistan. " -- Holy War Inc. by Peter Bergen, New York: Free Press, c2001., p.66

if you want to talk about Bin Laden, start a new thread. This has nothing to do with Dorner.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,431,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
His partner used excessive force, kicking a mentally ill man more than a few times. Dorner reported him to his superiors and was then labled a traitor. He was also going to testify in court. He never waived from his stance against the LAPD or his partner for what he did.

Disclaimer: I am not stating anything I post as fact.
you are regurgitating the words of a madman killer. the above is Dorners version of what happened. it is NOT the only version of what happened and this was rejected by a board of inquiry.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,365,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Where is the proof he killed anyone?

Wait, there is none. The cops Waco'd him instead.
That's right. And I think that Giffords lady actually tried to commit suicide, the entire story was a coverup.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,161,725 times
This girl is not from California.

Would a California Girl like to debate her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCqmI1SQB5o

Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,476,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not know Dorner, nor do I care to know about Dorner. However, in the US one is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty. How do you know Dorner killed anyone? Because the media and the COPs told you. The last time I checked neither the media nor the COPs were the courts or a jury of his peers.

What I find truly pathetic are the individuals who cheer for Dorner's death before he was found guilty of committing any crime. These kinds of POS deserve the exact same treatment as Dorner.
Is this what you said about Zimmerman?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,766,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
This is a direct consequence of the JFK administration's decision to empty the psychiatric hospitals.
"This" being half the posts on CD's POC forum.

The nut-jobs on the left have been with us for decades and are well known, perpetually annoying, but relatively harmless. But these gun-obsessed right-wing sociopathic anarchists that are coming out of the woodwork in droves in more recent years are troubling indeed. They pose a deadly threat to public safety that cannot be ignored and is going to have to be reckoned with....and soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies