Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
Humans aren't magnets. There's 7 billion of us in this world and counting, it's not like we're endangered. If I want the legal obligation to marry another man, I should be given that right. End of story.

It isn't a right if it must first be given. For if it can be given, it can and will eventually be taken away.

The government in the US was the first to ever regulate marriage, and did so unconstitutionally. It should be up to the church. Tell it to the church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
The BSA is not directly funded by the Government and is not supported by your tax money.

I bet if you didn't claim to be an atheist to them they would never know you were.
Key words "not directly" but as long as tax funds are going to support the BSA I consider them not a private organization....As for you comment about staying in the closet, why should I? The minute someone asks what church I attend you think I should lie?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
gay people have families too.. and children... they're not pro-family.. they're a$$holes

Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

Oh I so love when the TRUTH comes out.
Seeing as it's not the truth, what is there to come out? Orientation isn't determined by childhood experience. I can show you evidence proving that statement wrong. Why is your little quote mining right, and my evidence isn't?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Personally, I do what is MORAL.
Treating gay people with disdain is not moral. I guarantee you I live a more moral life than you.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
It isn't a right if it must first be given. For if it can be given, it can and will eventually be taken away.

The government in the US was the first to ever regulate marriage, and did so unconstitutionally. It should be up to the church. Tell it to the church.
Why should it be up to the Church? Protestants didn't want marriage associated with the Church, it was viewed as worldly. The Puritans brought English Common Law here and marriage has been secular since before we had a Constitution.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMountainMan View Post
If I had a son, and homosexuals were allowed to be the Scout leaders, I would not allow him to be in the boy scouts. I wouldn't want my son around men who just might find him attractive. I know you will say there is a difference, that that is pedophilia, but I just wouldn't be comfortable with that. Same as If I were to join the military, knowing that in the showers the homosexuals are trying to sneak a peak.
What if your son is gay? There is a good chance you know.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 PM

279 posts, read 482,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yup you are conspiracy kook who believes the BS coming from your messiahs: Alex Jones, Joseph Farrah and Jerome Corsi. I also bet you believe in David Duke's nonsense.

Why is it not a surprise that kooks who buy into one bull conspiracy theory also subscribe to other bull conspiracy theories?

bTW you do know that Operation Northwoods was disregarded and the author of the plan was discredited, right? but, don't let facts get in the way of your fantasy.
I have never heard of any of those people except for Alex Jones, who is a bit over the top at times, but if one does some research on the topics he presents, they will find most of the time they are quite credible.

As far as Northwoods not being credible, just believe everything the gubbmint tells you. Now drift back to sleep sheeple.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I was a scout leader for several years until my kid discovered baseball. I see no problem with accepting anyone with a disability to scouting . As long as the gay scout knows that it is indeed a disability(mental defect) and does not try to argue otherwise he should have no problems and others should accept him....he should be discriminated on in no way just like a person that is in a wheel chair or has ADD/HD etc.
Good grief...Gay is as much of a disability as being left handed.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
people are so ignorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies