Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 PM

279 posts, read 482,432 times

Advertisements

Hope for Homosexuals Read stuff like this, with God all things are possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Um, I don't want to sound trollish or flameish.............but, UM, aren't gay males attracted to the male body???? Maybe some would feel ok with their young son showering around a gay male.......myself.....no.

Do they have men supervising the 10-15 year old Girl-Scouts when they are showering and things like that???? Hope not!!!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMountainMan View Post
How does a video prove he's straight? Religion makes people do crazy things, including suppressing their orientation to fit their beliefs. Doesn't mean he's underlying feelings changed. You frankly have no clue.

Funny how you ignored the rest of my post. Probably should just put you on ignore seeing as no discussion is possible.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Dumb coworker if mine said it was like bringing the sheep to the wolves, thinking that gay guys go for young boys, which isn't true. Being gay doesn't make you a pedophile.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Um, I don't want to sound trollish or flameish.............but, UM, aren't gay males attracted to the male body???? Maybe some would feel ok with their young son showering around a gay male.......myself.....no.
The adult male body, not the child male body. Gay men are not attracted to children. You people seriously need to wake up and learn what sexual orientation is.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's not a mental disorder, and it can't be changed by therapy. That's a proven fact. Even the most religious extremist organizations advocating "Ex-Gay" therapy have admitted not a single patient has ever changed their orientation.

I'm not sure how you can call yourself Christian when you're not showing any compassion for what gays go through. I begged G-d every single day for 10 years to make me straight. Guess what, He said no. You cannot even fathom the amount of torment I've been through. Most people wouldn't survive it.

Stop talking about things you don't understand.
I really don't understand how a man can be sexually attracted to another man, quite honestly it blows my mind. I honestly do feel sorry for you man, but I believe you can change with Gods help. If your heart TRULY wants to. I will pray for you.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Read the new testament, things changed after Jesus' arrival.
You may want to actually read the Bible before saying what it Jesus had to say about Old Testament laws not applying. http://http://bible.cc/matthew/5-17.htm
So, I think those rules prohibiting eating shell fish and wearing poly-cotton blend shirts are just as relevant as the rule prohibiting homosexuality.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
You may want to actually read the Bible before saying what it Jesus had to say about Old Testament laws not applying. http://http://bible.cc/matthew/5-17.htm
So, I think those rules prohibiting eating shell fish and wearing poly-cotton blend shirts are just as relevant as the rule prohibiting homosexuality.
I have read the Bible, but you are right, I do need to brush up on my Bible reading and have started reading it again, I am going to read from cover to cover, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I really don't understand how a man can be sexually attracted to another man, quite honestly it blows my mind.
The same way a straight woman is attracted to a man. The brain structure of a gay man that controls things like emotion, mood, attraction, etc. is wired like that of the opposite sex. I do not get arousing/gushy feelings when seeing a beautiful woman. I appreciate her beauty, but I'm not romantically attracted to her.

Quote:
I honestly do feel sorry for you man, but I believe you can change with Gods help. If your heart TRULY wants to. I will pray for you.
And I've already told you I've brought this before God countless times. It's not going to change. He made me the way he intended to. My suffering has made me far more compassionate and understanding. Nothing I say is going to convince you that I can't change my attractions or feelings. I've known I was "different" since I was 3. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
You are misinformed, PLEASE watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahOLWzv60U This
No, you are misinformed. It has never worked:

Christian Post Blogger Who Wrote About 'Leaving Homosexuality' Found Cruising for Dudes on Grindr
Ex-Gay Blogger Who Was Busted on Grindr Sells His Computer, Locks His Phone to Avoid 'Giving Into Temptation'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies