Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should America Be Even More Diverse Than it Currently Is?
Yes. 21 29.58%
No. 50 70.42%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Your point?
Cute! You answer my question with a question of your own. If you're a Libertarian, why would you post your support for two possible Republican candidates running for the WH in 2016? Secondly, why would support those candidates because your post history on issues of race suggests you don't want any more diversity?

Last edited by kaimuki; 02-13-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
what are you talking about?
Spanish being equal to English. The illegal invaders language being made equal to the invaded countrys language. Some people have lost their jobs because they were not bilingual. That is proveable. They now have to be provided interpreters to insure their rights are not trampled on (What about my rights as a law abiding citizen?)The schools have to cut back on certain programs in order to provide more Spanish speaking teachers and curriculum. If you have a high population of Spanish speaking children in a school, your tax dollars is going to accomodate the Hispanic children.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
where do you live? what makes you think spanish is "the illegal invader language?" spanish is the primary language spoken by 37 million LEGAL residents and citizens in the US. are you claiming all of those citizens are illegals?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Spanish being equal to English. The illegal invaders language being made equal to the invaded countrys language. Some people have lost their jobs because they were not bilingual. That is proveable. They now have to be provided interpreters to insure their rights are not trampled on (What about my rights as a law abiding citizen?)The schools have to cut back on certain programs in order to provide more Spanish speaking teachers and curriculum. If you have a high population of Spanish speaking children in a school, your tax dollars is going to accomodate the Hispanic children.
I am American of Mexican descent... parents born in California, me born in Minnesota, am i an illegal invader?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Clue: cinco de mayo is not USAmerican culture
Actually, it is American culture. Cinco de Mayo is only celebrated in the United States, not in Mexico.

On Cinco de Mayo all the Americans go eat at the Mexican restaurants and drink Coronas and Margaritas, meanwhile it's just another normal day in Mexico.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I'd like to see proof or statistics on that one.
I've heard of people applying for jobs were knowing more than one language was a REQUIREMENT for the position, but I've never, ever heard of a person being let go or fired because they were not bilingual. Unless of course this story was made up by some right wing hack jobs.

I think most Mexicans that come to America knowing only their language {spanish} assimilate very well, and learn english as their secondary language, what could be wrong with that?

There are people in America from the middle east, who have learned the english language too, these people are valuable to America in that if they speak arabic or hebrew, the CIA and FBI are always looking for interpreters and translators. How does anyone think American soldiers get by in Afghanistan and other countries we're in?

Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'd like to see proof or statistics on that one.
I've heard of people applying for jobs were knowing more than one language was a REQUIREMENT for the position, but I've never, ever heard of a person being let go or fired because they were not bilingual. Unless of course this story was made up by some right wing hack jobs.

I think most Mexicans that come to America knowing only their language {spanish} assimilate very well, and learn english as their secondary language, what could be wrong with that?

There are people in America from the middle east, who have learned the english language too, these people are valuable to America in that if they speak arabic or hebrew, the CIA and FBI are always looking for interpreters and translators. How does anyone think American soldiers get by in Afghanistan and other countries we're in?
The fact is that in the last decade or two many jobs are advertising for bi-lingual workers. It is no coicidence that during those decades that we have had a high influx of illegals from south of our border who only speak Spanish. Most of these jobs are regular American jobs. These businesses are catering to illegal immigrants in Spanish at the expense of English speaking American job opportunities and that's just a fact, Jack. Now let's hear the spiel that we should learn Spanish to get a job in our own country. Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English so it certainly isn't to cater to them.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 AM

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yep, who cares if American culture and identity disappear amongst a multicultural patchwork, as long as that means the GOP loses.
Which America are you from? Because the one where I'm from is specifically about diversity. It's about the "Melting Pot", you know, where many cultures all join together and become one distinctly different and unique culture. My great aunt was an immigrant from Poland, she spoke with a thick accent and always considered herself Polish. Her kids were born in America and one worked as a HS PE teacher for 40 years. They had three kids, as American as can be, and they are all very successful and the two who pursued private-sector jobs are both millionaires who aren't even 40 yet.

My GF is technically an immigrant, though she was born on American property abroad. Her father was a foreign national who was a enlisted member of the US Navy. She's 100% Filipina, both of her parents speak Tagalog as a first language and attended school in the Philippines. My GF is a reality TV watching (don't get me started), football watching, hamburger eating, American. If she and I have kids one day, our kids will be mixed-race but 100% American.

Anyone who comes into this thread and says "this country is already too diverse" is OBVIOUSLY A RACIST TURD. Before I even clicked on the thread, I guessed which names I'd see here. I guessed right.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Who is in fear?
I already gave you my opinions.
America has just about all diversity now from all over the world, how do you increase it?
I already know how to decrease it, that would be called deportation.

Category:Ethnic groups in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What you don't realize is that there are thousands of communities and small towns across America that are almost 100% white.

These communities aren't diverse so those are the areas to focus on where diversity can be increased.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Cute! You answer my question with a question of your own. If you're a Libertarian, why would you post your support for two possible Republican candidates running for the WH in 2016? Secondly, why would support those candidates because your post history on issues of race suggests you don't want any more diversity?
So tell me, kaimuki, where did I express SUPPORT for Rubio or Rice in the post? Go ahead and show me.

And please point out where, according to my "post history", I said there shouldn't be any more diversity.

Why do liberals such as yourself feel the need to make up stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies