Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Even if it was in the wallet let me ask you this. What are wallets made of? Most are made from leather, fabric, eel or vinyl. Even at those high temps that we saw yesterday evening, a DL would not have survived, much less a wallet.
I don't have a dog in this fight but leather ain't the most flammable material around and when compressed as in a wallet is damn hard to burn particularly the contents. As for the license being "intact" just how intact does it have to be to discern a photograph, a name or other piece of information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Like I said, you believe in idiotic things. People who believe Mr. Dorner set that fire shouldn't be talking about anything.
Since I don't believe Dorner set the fire, you must be arguing with somebody else.

That said, even in house that "burn to the ground" there are all sorts of things that survive. Books. Clothes. Photographs.

You really oughta stop talking out your ass and talk to an actual firefighter.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Since I don't believe Dorner set the fire, you must be arguing with somebody else.

That said, even in house that "burn to the ground" there are all sorts of things that survive. Books. Clothes. Photographs.

You really oughta stop talking out your ass and talk to an actual firefighter.
Does not happen. Like I said you believe in the most idiotic things.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight but leather ain't the most flammable material around and when compressed as in a wallet is damn hard to burn particularly the contents. As for the license being "intact" just how intact does it have to be to discern a photograph, a name or other piece of information?
It's not the flames but the heat that will melt that plastic.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM

488 posts, read 555,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Even if it was in the wallet let me ask you this. What are wallets made of? Most are made from leather, fabric, eel or vinyl. Even at those high temps that we saw yesterday evening, a DL would not have survived, much less a wallet.
I apologize for making assumptions, but I'm willing to bet it was found on the floor? There's a huge temperature differential between the floor and ceiling in fires. The following is from a structure fire experiment which measured the ambient temperature at various heights within a first floor room:

PVC plastic melts between 100-260 degrees C. As you can see above, the temperature half a foot above the floor is right on the edge of the lower end of that range. It's absolutely reasonable to think a license could have survived the fire, especially if it was in any kind of insulator like a wallet. Unless physics is a conspiracy, as well...

Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Unless you have been there in person, you're really not in any position to pretend to know that.

Your right on. I have family who live up there and a couple friends, it is beautiful. Unless one lives up there, and saw first hand thngs that were happening. None of us are in a position to judge.

I do know my cousin who owns a business in Big Bear, and knows everyone and they know her, was told by someone that spotted Dorner, he was dressed to kill. I cannot confirm or deny this.

But that he was ready to do damage control.

Unless we were all there to witness what happened, your specualting is merely that and no more. I only know what i am being told by those who live in that area.

I am not confirming what was told to me, nor denying it. I was not there and cannot judge.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am not confirming what was told to me, nor denying it. I was not there and cannot judge.
Yet you judge Dorner.

How many hypocrites are we going to have here tonight?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
I have little doubt that the license could have easily survived in his wallet.
And not only that as I said it was probably between his ass and the floor.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And not only that as I said it was probably between his ass and the floor.
In that inferno, fireman would melt through their suits if they entered that cabin.

I'm glad you're so sure of things.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Does not happen. Like I said you believe in the most idiotic things.
funny not more than 20 posts ago, I've showed links to photographs of things that do survive in fires. You believe in the most idiotic things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies