Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times

Advertisements

looking at the destruction and having been at a cabin fire about 2 years ago, same square footage and results...that blaze you cannot go in there while its flaming like that and none of the fire fighters did...its a big concern that it does not spread esp in a spot like that and if it was windy, also they were talking about concerns re some kind of possible explosive trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Apparently its not unheard of.

identification of the deceased :: www.forensicmed.co.uk

Quote:
Personal property found on or with the deceased may be of assistance in supporting a presumptive identification, although it should be remembered that people may be wearing clothing or jewellery belonging to someone else! Similarly, documents, such as driver’s licence etc (that have survived the fire!) may not belong to the deceased.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So fires are too hot for somebody to enter but not hot enough to melt a plastic drivers license. Check. LOL
Yes. I noticed that since yesterday, you have not talked to a fire fighter. Why is that? Why do you continue to post your ignorance for all to see?

Quote:
Take a look at that burned out cabin and show me where all the shining Christmas ornaments are located at mr. know it all nothing.
Take a look at these burned out homes:
“Breezy Point Will Be Back”: Everyday Items that Survived the Blaze « Flickr Blog

Site of a major fire after Sandy that burned down 17 buildings. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Religious statue | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Recovered items from firefighters home | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/m...3eme8_t460.jpg

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2...ml/slide_show2

http://maggiemcfee.com/wp-content/up...2/08/surly.jpg

Old 02-13-2013, 03:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
So he was on the run with two different wallets and two ID's? Interesting theory.
ID doesn't necessarily mean Drivers License.

He had his police badge, ID, his old military ID, drivers license. Heck he could have other forms of ID like a State ID, Gym Club ID, security ID, etc etc

I keep one wallet in my car, and I have one on my person. The wallet in the car contains my registration information, my car insurance, and store/cards that I don't need at the time. etc

Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
already did. Not our problem you don't understand how fires can work.

If a fire doesn't spread to a section of house, then the objects in that section isn't going to burn.

Yes, even the smallest things can survive fires:
“Breezy Point Will Be Back”: Everyday Items that Survived the Blaze « Flickr Blog
Family devastated by house fire | Bundaberg NewsMail
Um, the whole cabin burnt right down to the ground.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Good post.

I always find it amazing how some people apparantly have no shame. Otherwise they wouldn't constantly make fools of themselves on here posting about things they know nothing about.

P.S. In response to a separate question, I currently have 3 different picture IDs on me. I have 5 but 2 are at home since they are rarely used.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
It's a conspiracy - truthers, birthers, hookers, and now dorners.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Ok what do you understand the cops to be saying? And how does a plastic drivers license survive heat so intense that the whole cabin was left in cynders. Stop with the ridicule and give me a logical answer.
I'm not going to waste my time, because you won't accept one.

Don't forget to renew your Coast to Coast podcast subscription - I'm sure you don't want to miss a single moment!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Many things can survive fires. did you ignore my two links that showed people looking through their burned down homes and finding everything from old documents, to photos? Even a Christmas decoration of Santa Clause (most likely made of plastic)
You have absolutely know idea what you are talking about pertaining to the Dorner fire. I had a friend who had a hunting camp that went up in complete flames. He had a fireproof standing gun vault that you buy at sporting goods stores. The vault survived but the heat was so intense that it warped the barrels on the rifles inside. Here is the Dorner cabin. Looks as though everything was incinerated and I doubt Dorner sought a safe place to hide his license where it wouldn't burn up. Jeez

Old 02-13-2013, 03:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Ok what do you understand the cops to be saying? And how does a plastic drivers license survive heat so intense that the whole cabin was left in cynders. Stop with the ridicule and give me a logical answer.
What does it prove...even if it was planted? doesnt prove the burned body was doner's; doesn't disprove it either. Dental records and dna will do that. It only proves the licence didn't burn. CSI 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies