Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times

Advertisements

I think Dorner murdered innocent people; I've no doubt that there is widespread corruption in the LAPD - but killing innocents is not the way to expose it. Listening to his facebook rants - it sounds like Dorner definitely had some issues.

On the other hand - I think the cops were more than happy to let the cabin burn with him in it.

Just my opinion from what I've seen/heard so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
where in that does it say Drivers License. All it says is a picture ID.

A picture ID can be anything:
A costco card with your picture on it
A state Id card
A picture id for your local gym.

so on a so forth.
The voice of reason in a sea of insanity. Good God don't people know how to read?

As for multiple driver's licenses...that is NOT hard. I have a few from different addresses in different states. And? Oh NOES! It must be a conspiracy.

Suffer the fools lightly....sigh. Ok.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,226,529 times
Government and media never lie to us.
We love Big Brother.
s.
Winston Smith

Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
where in that does it say Drivers License. All it says is a picture ID.

A picture ID can be anything:
A costco card with your picture on it
A state Id card
A picture id for your local gym.

so on a so forth.

You are exactly right. Picture ID. can be any of the above. I think some just presume it means driver license.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Seems wallets with IDs are popping up all over California.
How many did the man have ?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Well it appears they didn't even have a positive ID on the guy in the cabin nor did they intend to burn it. The two ladies in the truck and the surfer dude looked like Dorner too according to these fools. I guess those guys screaming burn the mother**** down were just joking...........

""We did not intend to burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner to come out," Sheriff John McMahon said at an afternoon news conference.He said deputies initially fired "cold" tear gas into the cabin newar Big Bear Lake, then switched to "pyrotechnic-type" rounds" known as "burners."
He said authorities have strong evidence that the man deputies tracked to a cabin in a ski resort looked and behaved like Dorner. And though he still could not "absolutely, positively confirm" that the charred body found inside was Dorners, the sheriff said the coroner would likely made the determination "soon."

Also they are still protecting the ones threatened. So they don't even know who they killed as of yet. Nice work cops.

"Still, police will continue to protect dozens of officers and others Dorner threatened in his rambling manifesto, Neiman said."

Sheriff: No intent to burn down cabin to get Dorner

Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Seems wallets with IDs are popping up all over California.
How many did the man have ?
According to some they have five or six ID's laying around and they would all make it through a cabin burned to the ground. Maybe they use some type of license cover developed from the space ship that crashed in area 51 out in Cali??

Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Tell my truth and i can see a plastic drivers lic in a wallet make it thru a fire.

Lack of heat because a body insulates it, and lack of oxygen because there is only limited amounts inside a wallet.

I am guessing he was on the floor trying to breath cooler air during the fire which was burning a gas, the tear gas.... And any items that could absorb gas would be burning over his head. Debris would be falling all around and on him.

I kinda doubt he wasn't armed with a hand gun, so that last shot wouldn't be very hard.

It is a matter of where that wallet was and we have no idea. But my guess would be in a front side pocket, since he almost certainly would be face down.

I suffered a real house fire once. Short circuit caused it. Several pairs of my steel and plastic down hill skis burned and oddly the forward tips remained of skis over 6 feet long, that had been leaning on the cement wall of the cellar. Even the steel melted.

In the other hand I still have some books that were on the first floor in book cases on either side of a fire place.

When the first floor fell into the cellar these books were buried in such a way the covers were charred but the pages remained. There can be some things about some fires that defy some rules some of the time.

Yeah some fires send heat all over the place too. I use up to 4 antique lamps with mantles to heat my bed room, and 2 are currently running and it's 75 in here, where otherwise there is no heat as an alternative.

I also run a bow drill for fire and can run a flint and steel 18th century steel for fire and once i even assisted in a cabin assessment after a fire for my freedom...

Because my wife and I reported the fire I became a suspect. Lightning got that place i saw the bolt from a long distance and passed the place on fore on our way home. We stopped at a nearer neighbors than out place to have them call in.

I had to prove it was lightning and not me as an arsonist. I won't be reporting any more places on fire even if i am first to know ever again.

The Fire Marshall was in fact getting an education and he said so. After he used a tone I didn't like a bit, i excused myself to look around. First o found the pine tree that had first been hit and it had been hit many other times. The I found a ash similar to what is common on a large cigar on a dead low branch. From there in a little wash gully towards the place all the plants were wilted and so i had a line the lightning took.

I went back to speak with that Marshall and was very careful he didn't wreck my 'evidence' too. I basically lead him by the hand so he could not .

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 02-13-2013 at 06:27 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Does every single event in America require a conspiracy theory now?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,819 times
I can't respond to the duplicate find issue, however, depending on the location ,position of the remains, it is possible that a plastic driver's license could be found, intact. Hypothetically speaking, if the deceased was located in the basement area, was wearing body armor, and carried that DL in a protected area.......yes it is viable......This is not to defend either LEO or media....as immediately calling for a "burn" under those circumstances.....seems quite suspicious...Just thinkin.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies