Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times

Advertisements

1) it's the GOP that keeps calling for cuts to government workers and holding up aid for troops, not Obama.

2) Um, you want the president to meddle into the workings of court cases? That's one thing I absolutely don't want, as it would reek of corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
"Who is Obozo? If you are referring to President Obama, the fact you have to use derogatory terms to refer to him tells me you have lost the argument already.

Then again... haters gotta hate."

See the trend here?

The formality of the presentation trumps the content. The main issue is set aside in favor of a diversion.
A violent act by a high level Army officer is set aside because of a perception of inapproriateness of addressing one of the main characters. The messenger is invalidated so the content is invalid.

That trend continues as Rubio takes a drink of water and that becomes the issue rather than the content of his speech.

The content of Carson's speech at the prayer breakfast was ignored in favor of the outrage of its 'inappropriateness'.

Obama has earned derision and is not so special he should be immune from less than complimentry names other presidents have endured. Especially in light of his administration calling the ft hood shooting, workplace violence. You knew from that point on things were not going to end well.

By the way, 'Obozo' probably is derived from the famous circus character, 'Bozo the clown'. A bumbling fool who played well in Chicago....."The Chicago Bozo franchise was the most popular and successful locally produced children's program in the history of television"

So it seems the name fits better than you might suspect.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM

918 posts, read 817,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Your OP in this thread.
Correction. I'm the OP maker in this thread. And my OP is what it is. It's what I wanted it to be, not what YOU or someone else would prefer it to be.

Quote:
When I think clearly about it, I see that murder is a state crime, not federal.
Now here is a perfect example of what happens Old Gringo, when you folks on the left try to think.
Murder 'on a federal reservation or property' is a federal crime. Moreso, murder in the military in that same place is a crime punishable via DOD protocol and under the UCMJ(Uniform Code of Military Justice).
See what happens when a leftie tries to think, but you get an 'E' for the effort. I am proud of you for that.

Quote:
I don't know why all the delays and neither do you.
Q: And WHY do you think that is?
Obozo and his gang did have the crime on the books as an incident of "workplace violence" and continued that even after he was arraigned for premeditated MURDER and with a prima facie case having been presented. It's obvious to all, save you on the left, that that was an Obozo delaying tactic so he wouldn't be embarassed by another terrorist event/trial on American soil (with the world media all over it) whilst he was busily preoccupied with kneeling on sumptuous Arabian pillows and engaged in kissing Saudi and other Middle Eastern *ss.

Quote:
But since you're an irrational Obama-hater, you go into default mode and immediately blame the president for delays in Texas courts.

That's letting your irrational emotions run away with your logic.
Not so OG. I'm not an "irrational Obama-hater". I'm very rational about it. That's simply your natural and partisan defense mechanism kicking into gear. One of you does that to key the rest of the sheeple herd and they all start braying and slinging their "hate" and "hatred" and "anger" charges and soon enough probably "racist" charges also. Doesn't really bother me though. I know and understand that you need to exorcize those Devils within once in a while.

Oh btw, before I forget. This is a tad embarassing for me since I just said I was proud of you. When you say "delays in the Texas courts" in the etymologic usage of words that phrase "the Texas courts" directly implies that you are trying to lay delay blame on the Texas STATE court system as you try to provide "federal cover" for your Great Leader.

Be advised that (That's an old military correspondence opening) Hasan was arraigned and originally charged in the military justice system in the Ft. Hood Army Base installation on November 13th of 2009, because he was active-duty military and subject to the UCMJ laws, NOT civilian law. He was charged with 13 counts of premeditated MURDER. It's also important to know that under military law, premeditated MURDER requires "the formation of a specific intent to kill and consideration of the act intended to bring death.". As of now the Army has not announced whether it will seek the death penalty.

Quote:
Like all of us, I'd like to see this wrapped up soon and think it should have been done long ago, with Hassan being sent to death row. As we've all heard many times, the wheels of justice turn slowly. And in a high profile case like this, I'm sure prosecutors and defenders are all making sure they have their i's dotted and t's crossed.

There's no political high ground to take in delaying this thing.
I'll take you at your face-value word here OG. Problem is that this is the first time you've manifested any "reasonable" position on this. You are on the left and I am on the right. You lash out at me for hyperbole in this OP and I say ...'So what!' That essentially is my attitude and position regarding my hyperbole, name-calling, etcetera. Focus on the essential element. MY QUESTION that opened it.

I must observe that in saying "the wheels of justice turn slowly" you are minimizing the impact that a President, any President can have. All this legal action is happening within HIS authority and CONTROL. Every entity involved is an Executive Branch agency. It is beyond naive, understanding that, that ANYONE could simply pass it off as you have and have your position called "reasonable".

I suggest that you invest some time and see what has ACTUALLY transpired in this process and create a timeline for yourself of complaints filed as I have; of ones filed by his attorneys; and appeals filed by his attorney' and attorneys dismissed; and judges dismissed; and more. There is much more in the way of delaying shenanigans that are NOT NORMALLY TOLERATED within the UCMJ going on here.

I'm fairly conversant, as a veteran, with the operation of the JAG (JudgeAdvocateGeneral) offices. To put it bluntly, they do NOT cater to such bullsh*t as the civilian equivalent does (RED FLAG up here for me! If you follow?). When one enters into active duty one gives away a great measure of his "normal" civilian rights and freedoms. The military IS a separate society with it'a own Rule of Law.

If I didn't know all that I wouldn't have made this topic post. You may sincerely believe and like Obozo. I can prove with facts so many times that he is a liar that it's almost a running joke. Bush was not a wonderful President from any impartial view, but from that same view Obozo is much, much worse. His grandiose displays of disrespect for the legal and court system and our Constitution are legend to us on the right who pay attention to those things. Deny all you want. If I make a post about it, you'd regret it. An ugly, old sea coot cannot be made to look like a beautiful swan.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
And what does Obama have to do with investigating Fort Hood? Oh yea, absolutely nothing.
It has to do with Obama classifying it as workplace violence instead of terrorism.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default That's quite a screed you posted there, doc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Correction. I'm the OP maker in this thread. And my OP is what it is. It's what I wanted it to be, not what YOU or someone else would prefer it to be.

Now here is a perfect example of what happens Old Gringo, when you folks on the left try to think.
Murder 'on a federal reservation or property' is a federal crime. Moreso, murder in the military in that same place is a crime punishable via DOD protocol and under the UCMJ(Uniform Code of Military Justice).
See what happens when a leftie tries to think, but you get an 'E' for the effort. I am proud of you for that.

Q: And WHY do you think that is?
Obozo and his gang did have the crime on the books as an incident of "workplace violence" and continued that even after he was arraigned for premeditated MURDER and with a prima facie case having been presented. It's obvious to all, save you on the left, that that was an Obozo delaying tactic so he wouldn't be embarassed by another terrorist event/trial on American soil (with the world media all over it) whilst he was busily preoccupied with kneeling on sumptuous Arabian pillows and engaged in kissing Saudi and other Middle Eastern *ss.

Not so OG. I'm not an "irrational Obama-hater". I'm very rational about it. That's simply your natural and partisan defense mechanism kicking into gear. One of you does that to key the rest of the sheeple herd and they all start braying and slinging their "hate" and "hatred" and "anger" charges and soon enough probably "racist" charges also. Doesn't really bother me though. I know and understand that you need to exorcize those Devils within once in a while.

Oh btw, before I forget. This is a tad embarassing for me since I just said I was proud of you. When you say "delays in the Texas courts" in the etymologic usage of words that phrase "the Texas courts" directly implies that you are trying to lay delay blame on the Texas STATE court system as you try to provide "federal cover" for your Great Leader.

Be advised that (That's an old military correspondence opening) Hasan was arraigned and originally charged in the military justice system in the Ft. Hood Army Base installation on November 13th of 2009, because he was active-duty military and subject to the UCMJ laws, NOT civilian law. He was charged with 13 counts of premeditated MURDER. It's also important to know that under military law, premeditated MURDER requires "the formation of a specific intent to kill and consideration of the act intended to bring death.". As of now the Army has not announced whether it will seek the death penalty.

I'll take you at your face-value word here OG. Problem is that this is the first time you've manifested any "reasonable" position on this. You are on the left and I am on the right. You lash out at me for hyperbole in this OP and I say ...'So what!' That essentially is my attitude and position regarding my hyperbole, name-calling, etcetera. Focus on the essential element. MY QUESTION that opened it.

I must observe that in saying "the wheels of justice turn slowly" you are minimizing the impact that a President, any President can have. All this legal action is happening within HIS authority and CONTROL. Every entity involved is an Executive Branch agency. It is beyond naive, understanding that, that ANYONE could simply pass it off as you have and have your position called "reasonable".

I suggest that you invest some time and see what has ACTUALLY transpired in this process and create a timeline for yourself of complaints filed as I have; of ones filed by his attorneys; and appeals filed by his attorney' and attorneys dismissed; and judges dismissed; and more. There is much more in the way of delaying shenanigans that are NOT NORMALLY TOLERATED within the UCMJ going on here.

I'm fairly conversant, as a veteran, with the operation of the JAG (JudgeAdvocateGeneral) offices. To put it bluntly, they do NOT cater to such bullsh*t as the civilian equivalent does (RED FLAG up here for me! If you follow?). When one enters into active duty one gives away a great measure of his "normal" civilian rights and freedoms. The military IS a separate society with it'a own Rule of Law.

If I didn't know all that I wouldn't have made this topic post. You may sincerely believe and like Obozo. I can prove with facts so many times that he is a liar that it's almost a running joke. Bush was not a wonderful President from any impartial view, but from that same view Obozo is much, much worse. His grandiose displays of disrespect for the legal and court system and our Constitution are legend to us on the right who pay attention to those things. Deny all you want. If I make a post about it, you'd regret it. An ugly, old sea coot cannot be made to look like a beautiful swan.
And a very emotional one, I might add.

Looking into it, I found that Hasan is being investigated by the Army CID, FBI, and Texas rangers. So, there are federal charges pending against him, but it turns out they're UCMJ charges and the delays are the result of the military courts.

Now, go ahead and keep venting about Obama since he's your hate target.

But maybe you could enlighten me on what you think the president's role in all this is and should be.

Me?

I think he should stay out of it and let the military courts do their thing. Which is exactly what he's done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Hood_shooting

Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Who is Obozo? If you are referring to President Obama, the fact you have to use derogatory terms to refer to him tells me you have lost the argument already.

Then again... haters gotta hate."

See the trend here?
Not really! Your opening in attacking my superlative comments of intentional derision to Great Leader inferring that they in some way disqualify the OP as to legitimacy is ludicrous, but you I guess you gave it your best try.

Quote:
The formality of the presentation trumps the content. The main issue is set aside in favor of a diversion.
A violent act by a high level Army officer is set aside because of a perception of inapproriateness of addressing one of the main characters. The messenger is invalidated so the content is invalid.
I see your tactic of separating the message from the manner of delivery, but you appear to glory too much in pomposity, as is evidenced by never acknowledging that it's merely your opinion.

In presenting a perceived injustice(justice delayed), I simply lashed out at he whom I perceived and believe is responsible for that(Obozo). So I made two points in my OP. One of the injustice and the second, of the party responsbile for such. Absolutely nothing constructive to criticize as I did nothing distracting or untoward of EITHER POINT by my manner.

You should also bear in mind that, as an ancillary influence, to garner attention one cannot simply post bland opinion and leave it at that. There are hundreds of posts made here every day on C-D and whenever anyone authors a topic thread he/she needs bear that in mind. For.., if it doesn't get some initial hits of interest, it will fall into the anonymous dark of rapidly accumulating archives faster than Newton's apple.

You need to apply some sizzle to get the customers to look at the steak! Just sayin'...

Quote:
That trend continues as Rubio takes a drink of water and that becomes the issue rather than the content of his speech.

The content of Carson's speech at the prayer breakfast was ignored in favor of the outrage of its 'inappropriateness'.
Neither of these two incidents equate to mine. There is no common "trend" here. If you fail to see that it's your problem, not mine. They are two different elements at play here. In the former example I am the sole player making two points as I've noted. You simply thought you found a commonality..., a simile...to make linkage with. You didn't though. These last two examples, Rubio and Carson, are direct attempts to mock/discredit two individuals, because they offend the sensibilities of what blacks and latinos should be in the eyes of the hypocritical demonRATic left. It's plain and simple to see. There is no interest in justice, in truth or in anything constructive at all. It's ONLY...anger on display!

Quote:
Obama has earned derision and is not so special he should be immune from less than complimentry names other presidents have endured. Especially in light of his administration calling the ft hood shooting, workplace violence. You knew from that point on things were not going to end well.
I agree on grounds of common sense!

Quote:
By the way, 'Obozo' probably is derived from the famous circus character, 'Bozo the clown'. A bumbling fool who played well in Chicago....."The Chicago Bozo franchise was the most popular and successful locally produced children's program in the history of television"

So it seems the name fits better than you might suspect.
Finally you got me on one. It was quite intentional when in early 2012 I first started to use Obozo. Prior to that I would use "Oba-____" and in the hyphenated addition added things like hypocrisy or ignorance or mendacity or a myriad of wonderul Obozo qualities/characteristics. The lefties, of course, took the Oba-bait and got quite irritated and so I would thank them and continue to use it. Having spent some time in Chicago and environs in the past I was cognizant of what you've stated here. I also felt that it would tweak the homeboys no end. You may not recall, but back in early 2008, when Obozo became a serious player on the scene something became apparent to me. On many mixed sites (and I've been on a bunch) I started to take note of more and more of the leftarded persuasion identifying themselves as Chicago and Chi-town and WindyCity as to where they were from. It was all the cue I needed. If fresh, ripe fruit is fallin' off the tree I grab a bushel basket, I don't run around the tree.!

Some responses here, on this thread and these forums, have indicated that my choice of derogatory references was well-chosen. It is true. I stand guilty of "direct personal attack", but only upon Obozo.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
does the same go for people who spoke that way about Bush?
Bush was called obozo? You mean Obama is really Bush? How'd he do that?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
1) it's the GOP that keeps calling for cuts to government workers and holding up aid for troops, not Obama.
Hadoken, you don't appear to know how to properly play the game. If you post opinion that can't on it's face be reasonably considered as accurate your comment requires some validation. I'll show you what I mean;

You said..."1) it's the GOP that keeps calling for cuts to government workers and holding up aid for troops, not Obama."

I disagree and since you failed to validate your post with corroboration for your claim I do this...
I acknowledge that the GOP generally believed in and takes the position that the federal government is too big and should be downsized. That would mean a cut in the workforce and would help reduce government spending and waste as government workers are, in general, notoriously inefficient. That is evidenced by the reality that government screws up everything it touches!
As to holding aid for the troops, I don't call you a liar and get vicious, because that would be a personal attack. I ask you to document what the Hell you mean. You haven't given ANY SPECIFICS, so I can't respond.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-14-2013 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 02-14-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Bush was called obozo? You mean Obama is really Bush? How'd he do that?
Had to rep you for this one NJM. Almost wet myself laughin'. Do ya think he gets it?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And a very emotional one, I might add.

Looking into it, I found that Hasan is being investigated by the Army CID, FBI, and Texas rangers. So, there are federal charges pending against him, but it turns out they're UCMJ charges and the delays are the result of the military courts.

Now, go ahead and keep venting about Obama since he's your hate target.

But maybe you could enlighten me on what you think the president's role in all this is and should be.

Me?

I think he should stay out of it and let the military courts do their thing. Which is exactly what he's done.

Fort Hood shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since you persist in trying to bait me with your emotional assertions I'll tell you now I won't bite.
How long do you think I've been doing this OG?

so you'd possess some informed and fact-based opinion and be able to post some INFORMED opinion, huh?

As to your one serious question, it's my entire point about his political-correctness attitude. It was the federal civilian government, in the person of Obozo's Executive Branch DOD, that called it workplace violence NOT the military. The DOD is a civilian agency of the federal government dealing in thigs military.
Blast Administration For Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence'...

See Gringo.., no need now for me to get visceral with Obozo, because I"ve GOT your attention. Obozo has again, just like with The Benghazi Disgrace, painted himself into a corner and PROVED beyond a reasonable doubt, imo, that he cares more about his tolerance of Muslims image than 17..., COUNT 'EM Old Gringo...SEVENTEEN DEAD AMERICANS.

So my question back to you is... considering your reasonable position in your final comment back to me last time, which I acknowledged at it's face value...

Why won't you answer my question in the OP?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-15-2013 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies