Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticgrit View Post
Let me weigh in as a southerner, a historian and as a former Special Forces commander with 12 years experience.

I remind you that history is written by the victor. What I'm about to tell you is a much different story than the one you might have heard.

My first point is: All wars are economic based. All wars are about taking the resources that belong to another country or another powerful entity. Case in point, read Smedley Butler's book "War is a Racket." Incidently, Smedley Butler was a Marine Corp General and was twice decorated with the Congressional Medal of Honor.

My second point: Our so called leaders are all psychopaths who do not empathise with the citizens in the least. We are simply resources to be managed and exploited. This is why they can so easily feed us into the slaughter of war or bomb the hell out of major cities. I do not think Lincoln was a psychopath, but I do think he had to answer to more powerful men who were psychopaths.

My third point: The United States is run by the central banks. Alexander Hamilton was an agent of the Rothschilds and other wealthy European bankers who seized control of the US in the very beginning. It's probable that the wealthy bankers instigated the American Revolution for the purpose of establishing an independent and powerful country to expand their reach in the world.

My fourth point: The Civil was a power grab by wealthy bankers in the north. Southern plantations had become powerful and were threatening the power center of the wealthy bankers and industrialists. Also, these same men in the north needed to control the price of cotton and the southern plantations were trying to sell cotton to Europe to get a better price.

In the years leading up to the Civil War, the northern bankers and industrialists had imposed a massive tariff on imports to southern ports. This prevented southern plantations from profitting in trade with Europe or other countries and drove all imports to northern ports.

Also, the southern plantations had their own gold based currency. This was a direct threat to the northern bankers money monopoly.

It was legal for the southern states to withdraw from the union. According the the Constitution and the ideals of the founding fathers, power was de-centralized and came from the people to flow upward through the state to the Federal level. This did not suit the wealthy bankers and industrialists who needed to centralize power at the top.

Before the first shots were fired on Fort Sumter, South Carolina warned Lincoln that if he tried to resupply the fort it would be seen as an act of war. Lincoln chose to resupply the fort and South Carolina attacked.

Central bankers love war because it is massively profitable. The Rothschilds, who own the Vatican bank have financed both sides of war for centuries. When Lincoln needed money to fund the Civil War the bankers wanted to charge him enormous interest so Lincoln chose to issue his own money, the Greenback. After the war, Lincoln wanted to keep the Greenback and destroy the bankers money monopoly. This is probably why he was killed.

The Civil War was not about freeing the slaves. This was merely a way of inspiring young men to fight and die. True, the slaves were freed, but after the war, they were forgotten for a hundred years and treated like second class citizens.

Incidently, when Sherman marched through the south, he conviscated all the coastal land from Fort Launderdale, FL to Richmond, VA for 30 miles inland. Publically this land was supposed to go to the freed slaves, but in reality, it went to wealthy bankers and industrialist. In effect, giving them all the southern ports along the east coast. To this day, they still control these ports and many large tracts of land in the south.

About Iraq and the other wars we are now fighting. These wars are about seizing natural resources: oil, gold, rare earth etc. And these wars are about exporting the predatory banking system that is so profitable to the wealthy bankers.

Remember we are led by psychopaths and they do not care about us in the least.

Interesting take, and I'm not going to argue with you, as you're right about most wars being about profit. Not to mention it is those with all of the money that run things. On the other hand, slavery definitely was immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, there were also white slaves. It just isn't talked about as much.
There slaves of all types,actually more slaves now than in any point in our history, globally speaking. The difference is slavery in the US was based on the thought of racial superiority not physical or economic subjugation. That is why blacks were/are treated as second class citizens, going on now on 160+ years after slavery ended, it is also the reason why you see all this posts trying to justify slavery or revise history.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Let me weigh in as a southerner, a historian and as a former Special Forces commander with 12 years experience.

I remind you that history is written by the victor. What I'm about to tell you is a much different story than the one you might have heard.

My first point is: All wars are economic based. All wars are about taking the resources that belong to another country or another powerful entity. Case in point, read Smedley Butler's book "War is a Racket." Incidently, Smedley Butler was a Marine Corp General and was twice decorated with the Congressional Medal of Honor.

My second point: Our so called leaders are all psychopaths who do not empathise with the citizens in the least. We are simply resources to be managed and exploited. This is why they can so easily feed us into the slaughter of war or bomb the hell out of major cities. I do not think Lincoln was a psychopath, but I do think he had to answer to more powerful men who were psychopaths.

My third point: The United States is run by the central banks. Alexander Hamilton was an agent of the Rothschilds and other wealthy European bankers who seized control of the US in the very beginning. It's probable that the wealthy bankers instigated the American Revolution for the purpose of establishing an independent and powerful country to expand their reach in the world.

My fourth point: The Civil was a power grab by wealthy bankers in the north. Southern plantations had become powerful and were threatening the power center of the wealthy bankers and industrialists. Also, these same men in the north needed to control the price of cotton and the southern plantations were trying to sell cotton to Europe to get a better price.

In the years leading up to the Civil War, the northern bankers and industrialists had imposed a massive tariff on imports to southern ports. This prevented southern plantations from profitting in trade with Europe or other countries and drove all imports to northern ports.

Also, the southern plantations had their own gold based currency. This was a direct threat to the northern bankers money monopoly.

It was legal for the southern states to withdraw from the union. According the the Constitution and the ideals of the founding fathers, power was de-centralized and came from the people to flow upward through the state to the Federal level. This did not suit the wealthy bankers and industrialists who needed to centralize power at the top.

Before the first shots were fired on Fort Sumter, South Carolina warned Lincoln that if he tried to resupply the fort it would be seen as an act of war. Lincoln chose to resupply the fort and South Carolina attacked.

Central bankers love war because it is massively profitable. The Rothschilds, who own the Vatican bank have financed both sides of war for centuries. When Lincoln needed money to fund the Civil War the bankers wanted to charge him enormous interest so Lincoln chose to issue his own money, the Greenback. After the war, Lincoln wanted to keep the Greenback and destroy the bankers money monopoly. This is probably why he was killed.

The Civil War was not about freeing the slaves. This was merely a way of inspiring young men to fight and die. True, the slaves were freed, but after the war, they were forgotten for a hundred years and treated like second class citizens.

Incidently, when Sherman marched through the south, he conviscated all the coastal land from Fort Launderdale, FL to Richmond, VA for 30 miles inland. Publically this land was supposed to go to the freed slaves, but in reality, it went to wealthy bankers and industrialist. In effect, giving them all the southern ports along the east coast. To this day, they still control these ports and many large tracts of land in the south.

About Iraq and the other wars we are now fighting. These wars are about seizing natural resources: oil, gold, rare earth etc. And these wars are about exporting the predatory banking system that is so profitable to the wealthy bankers.

Remember we are led by psychopaths and they do not care about us in the least.
I heard this before, the jews control the banks, and are the source of evil in the world. Yep that sound familiar.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
My God, the correct version of history? Is that what you are clapping yourself on the back for. . .Look I don't know how it went with this school, nor the original conversation.

Did you make sure they taught the concept of Benevolent Slavery conducted by African Americans? I.e. allowing someone to stay a slave to avoid taxes?

Did you make sure that people understand that the number of black owning slaves was so low, that in a poll it would be statistically insignificant?

Did you make sure they knew about laws/changes in the 1800 to prevent slaves from being freed (unless they left the state) which caused the slaves to continue to switch to benevolent slavery in order to keep families together?

Did you make sure that, for most cases, there was a very different reason/drive for a African American to own a slave than a white person?

No - you just wanted it pointed out that there were, a few people, who technically owned slaves so you could feel better about?
Actually, we covered a lot of facts starting the first slave to the 13th amendment, signed by the Senate in 1864, the House in 1865, and signed into law, in Dec 1865.

We covered a LOT of things, using a multiple of texts. We covered the Lincoln / Douglas debates, how many states Lincoln won, Fort Sumter, secession, all of it. The bad and the ugly

Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM

142 posts, read 205,886 times
Quote:
Actually, there were also white slaves. It just isn't talked about as much.
So blacks owned white slaves?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,653,139 times
Quote:
I'd like to add that only about 3% of the southern populace owned slaves. Most only owned one or two and worked side by side with the slaves in the fields. 1% owned large numbers of slaves in what we think of as plantations.

As has been pointed out, there were free blacks who owned slaves too. In fact, the largest manufacturer of cotton gins was a black man in South Carolina who owned a large number of slaves.

I'd like to point out, that while slavery seems horrendous to us now, most people are still slaves. We are enslaved by the job market and economic system imposed on our culture. If you tried to be truly free, you would be lonely, broke and homeless.

For most of us, our boss has direct control over our finances and can destroy us at any time.
Very true. And the industrial north had a huge influx of wage slave labor coming from Europe. These immigrants were exploited literally to death in many cases. The factory owners didn't care because there were plenty more where they came from. Talk about your inhuman treatment.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erehs059 View Post
So blacks owned white slaves?
Not in the U.S., but there is historical evidence of Black Spaniards with white slaves.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Suppose I just don't get how working people can call themselves slaves these days. We do get paid, benefits, choose where we live, etc. The slavery I know about involved lynchings, rapes, no voting rights and so on. Nothing like true slavery.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Not in the U.S., but there is historical evidence of Black Spaniards with white slaves.
Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to search out some information on this.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
In your opinon I guess. Personally I wish Georgia and the rest of the South would form your own nation. I would welcome that. We simply don't belong together in the same nation.

No! I think it is people like you with that type of attitude that do not belong in the nation. We can do without such ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies