Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post

no, it's all about control, and making sure the poor cannot have any enjoyment.
Why should the poor be happy when the rich are so miserable

You do know what they so though -
True happiness is when you aren't under someone else's thumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
They may be cliches but I see that every day. Maybe that's why it's an effin' cliche.
Sorry it doesn't make you comfortable to believe this happens.
Well, all but the Mercedes part. I haven't seen anyone in a Mercedes.

No, you don't see it every day.

Stop the madness.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
My sister works for a grocery store, been there 14 years. the employees wear a red t-shirt with the store's emblem on the front corner of the tee.

An elderly neighbor of hers, asks her on occasion, if she could pick some items for him. He gives her his EBT card.

One time, at the end of her shift, she was in line getting Mr. Taylor's items and paying with the EBT...and still in "uniform" a coustomer asked her.."Doesnt the store pay you enough".

She being a sweet person and a born again christian...and at work, told the person she was helping a neighbor.

I ,being a hethen, would had said...Mind your own Fuc*ing business.

Diversity... it's a good thing

Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
BTW I get my lobsters for free. I catch them with my lobster hoop nets usually on a Saturday morning bright and early.

I usually cut them in half length wise then BBQ over a fire made from grape vines (they impart a nice flavor plus the vines have to be trimmed so often you end up with a lot of extra grape vines). I baste them in home made sauce made from melted butter, chardonnay wine, garlic, a splash of olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon. It's good stuff as you're practically sauteing them in the half shell over the open fire. Lovely, especially with some freshly caught clams and some goose neck barnacles (percebes). It's all freely available at the beach with a fishing permit.

Living in Texas I cannot catch lobster. However, I do slaughter my own beef. Simply go into the field, kill the cow, and start slicing off the tasty parts. Marinate and grill!

Oh. Don't let the rancher see you killing his cow.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I didn't, but it doesn't bother me if a child gets a birthday cake with his/her name on it, paid for by foodstamps. It's not like food stamps are unlimited...if they eat cheap food so that they can buy birthday cakes, I don't see a problem with it. Personally, I'd buy the ingredients to make a cake myself but to each his own.
By the time you buy a mix and the decorations, the spray icing to write, or even the paste food colorings to decorate a cake with tips and bags, (little kids like character cakes and they like to have their name on it) it can be way cheaper to go to someplace like HyVee and just buy one already made. A cake mix is also cheaper than buying the ingredients (if you don't bake often, a bottle of vanilla is pricey). I can buy a birthday sheet cake here for around $8. What if you don't own a mixer to make your own frosting? The birthday cake thing always makes me crazy because people don't THINK.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
I'm still laughing at the lying OP who claims $1.30 per meal (at the max pay out) buys people all the steak and lobster they can eat. I'm not sure how someone becomes that delusional but it sure is funny when you run across someone who is that disconnected from reality.
Food stamps are only a source of help for low income & non working families. It was never intended to be a luxury.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:44 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
I'm still laughing at the lying OP who claims $1.30 per meal (at the max pay out) buys people all the steak and lobster they can eat.
copy/paste where the OP made that claim.

and issue an apology for your lie when you realize the OP never made such a claim.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
My sister works for a grocery store, been there 14 years. the employees wear a red t-shirt with the store's emblem on the front corner of the tee.

An elderly neighbor of hers, asks her on occasion, if she could pick some items for him. He gives her his EBT card.

One time, at the end of her shift, she was in line getting Mr. Taylor's items and paying with the EBT...and still in "uniform" a coustomer asked her.."Doesnt the store pay you enough".

She being a sweet person and a born again christian...and at work, told the person she was helping a neighbor.

I ,being a hethen, would had said...Mind your own Fuc*ing business.

Diversity... it's a good thing
Indeed. She is a sweet soul. Bless her heart...

Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Was the person wearing an "Obama jacket" too?

Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
I witnessed one black women getting groceries on a welfare card. She had to ask her friend checking out iin the next lane "what was the pin number again"? Apparently the other women had given her the card with credit on it to her friend to get grocieries.. one women with two cards and gave one to her friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies