Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 AM

651 posts, read 705,600 times

Advertisements

Black on Black crime is ten times higher than white on white crime and 90% of all black neighborhoods are crime ridden and no one wants to get in and everyone wants to get out but yet its because of this that we whites are told we need to get rid of our guns. Why is it that blacks commit most of the violent crimes in the nation and fill most of the prisons? Is it a black thing? Are blacks more aggressive and violent? Why can't male blacks seem to raise a child? The proof is in the stats. I am asking why?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-22-2013 at 04:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Black on Black crime is ten times higher than white on white crime and 90% of all black neighborhoods are crime ridden and no one wants to get in and everyone wants to get out but yet its because of this that we whites are told we need to get rid of our guns. Why is it that blacks commit most of the violent crimes in the nation and fill most of the prisons? Is it a black thing? Are blacks more aggressive and violent? Why can't male blacks seem to raise a child? The proof is in the stats. I am asking why?
You should be asking "which" Blacks? You say "Blacks" this and "Blacks" that. What you have mentioned does not apply to much of the Black population. Yes, much of the prison population is Black. Something else you should consider. Half of the people in prison are there for DRUG-RELATED crimes. Before the 1970s, the USA didn't have that many people in prison. The prison population jumped when the war on drugs started.

And consider the neighborhoods. Middle class Blacks often don't live in Black neighborhoods anymore. Alot of Black neighborhoods are populated by the poorest Blacks. The violent crime is mainly tied to gangs, drugs, and arguments, and mostly happens among the underclass. You don't see middle class Blacks doing this.

Why such ignorant sounding questions?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-22-2013 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 02-16-2013, 02:28 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
can I hear a duh?

Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
can I hear a duh?
Who exactly are you referring to?

Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who exactly are you referring to?
The OP
Why wouldn't people surrounded by gun violence think gun legislation would be a step in the right direction?as far as the racist rant about blacks being violent...I'm glad I got my .02 in before "closed"

Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post

Ignorance breeds fear.
They are purposely kept ignorant, by the progressive ideas, that have always been held, since the days of segregation and Jim Crow laws.

They believe it is the gun, not their lack of parenting skills in the hood. Kids raising kids, because statistics show, no one wants to adopt a black baby and religion is big in the black communities. They are caught in the cycle of poverty, with no way out. It is not the gun that is the problem. It is the lack of strict parenting.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-22-2013 at 04:15 AM..

Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
The OP
Why wouldn't people surrounded by gun violence think gun legislation would be a step in the right direction?as far as the racist rant about blacks being violent...I'm glad I got my .02 in before "closed"
I could understand the rationale, but at the same time, I have a different outlook on it. If I was in a very rough, and violent neighborhood, I would want to be able to protect myself. All that aside, I'm still very disturbed at the OP's hateful rant. Some of the questions just reek with hatred and resentment towards Blacks.

As for the racist rant, I think one reason the thread wasn't closed is because there was only one post, and it was the first post. It hasn't turned into a flame war.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ignorance breeds fear.
They are purposely kept ignorant, by the progressive ideas, that they have always held, since the days of segregation and Jim Crow laws.

They believe it is the gun, not their lack of parenting skills in the hood. Kids raising kids, because statistics show, no one wants to adopt a black baby and religion is big in the black communities. They are caught in the cycle of poverty, with no way out. It is not the gun that is the problem. It is the lack of strict parenting.
Actually, the few Blacks that could vote were voting Republican for a long time. After the 1968 election, Blacks stopped voting for Republicans in any amount higher than 15%. Have you ever asked yourself about "The Southern Strategy"? What progressive ideas did Blacks have during the days of segregation and Jim Crow? Which ones?

Let me ask you this. Do you actually know how many Blacks believe "the gun" is the problem? Have you asked yourself "which segment" of the Black population is having these issues? Have you ever asked why adoption rates for Black children are so low?

Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Blacks are victimized by crime morning, noon and night. So it makes sense for the biggest victims of violent crime to only want guns in the hands of the police (whom they trust) versus their neighbors (who they don't trust).

Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
The OP
What kind of FOOL thinks that laws that disarm the victim-pool criminals prey upon will make the members of that viictim-pool safer.

What kind of FOOL, I ask? Got any rational, or even sane, answers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies