Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,706,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How is it protecting the child?

What harm came to the child AFTER the initial slap?
The slapper establishes himself as a confirmed threat to the child. He's shown he's willing to harm a ****ing infant, so who's to say he's not gonna go in for another slap, or possibly worse? If someone punched your significant other in the face, you'd just shrug and go about your business? No, you'd retaliate.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,326,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
At the time it happened, how would I know the man didn't intend on continuing his assault? At the very least, I would have jumped up and in between the two.
Sure. That's reasonable

Putting a foot half way up his ass or taking him off the plane in a body bag is not - which is my point.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
If someone punched your significant other in the face, you'd just shrug and go about your business? No, you'd retaliate.
Why deal only in extremes?

There's probably something between 'shrugging' and sending the guy home in a body bag. This is the position that I advocate.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What is your answer?

Why should a family not be able to take a plane trip because children sometimes cry? That is nature. This is what children do. We live in a society of people who allllll were children at one point in time. There is no GOOD reason for a family not to travel. And no, offending the weak sensibilities of fellow travelers is not a good excuse.

If you were paying attention you would have picked up that it was already posted. You can post all the what ifs you like. Still will not change the fact that parents should take more care in decisions regarding travel when they have children.

I could barrage you with a bunch of presupposed questions as well but would just continue the circular reasoning you are using to support your limited view of the situation.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If you were paying attention you would have picked up that it was already posted. You can post all the what ifs you like. Still will not change the fact that parents should take more care in decisions regarding travel when they have children.
What care?

So kids cry on the plane.

No lasting harm comes to them. No lasting harm comes to anyone else.

Don't see the big deal.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Why deal only in extremes?

There's probably something between 'shrugging' and sending the guy home in a body bag. This is the position that I advocate.
Well of course. I'm not saying beat the man into a bloody pulp; that'll only end badly for you in court.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well of course. I'm not saying beat the man into a bloody pulp; that'll only end badly for you in court.
That's what plenty of people are advocating, and what I'm responding to.

You know, a reasonable position.

Not the idiotic: are you going to shrug and let someone punch your S/O in the face?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:27 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,342,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

I could barrage you with a bunch of presupposed questions as well but would just continue the circular reasoning you are using to support your limited view of the situation.

I think it is you who has the limited view.

Why should children and families restrict themselves from traveling? Especially when we have idiots like the 60 year old in the OP or others that posters have brought up - adults making out in the cabin, smelly people, rude idiots, etc. Why are children so marginalized in our society? Why are they made out to be the problem?

I have one theory: I think as the birthrate drops in this country, people become more and more removed from how children behave and act. I think as less children are born and less families are made, we will continue to see this backlash against the innocent. People are so self involved today that they can't see past their own sensitivities to even attempt to put the situation into perspective. You are flying on a damned aircraft that is taking you somewhere much faster than it would take on a train or in a car. Your ticket probably cost a decent amount of money, which you possessed. You have the ability to travel somewhere in comfort. Yet you are going to sit there and ***** & moan because a BABY is crying? It's ridiculous and trite.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
That's what plenty of people are advocating, and what I'm responding to.

You know, a reasonable position.

Not the idiotic: are you going to shrug and let someone punch your S/O in the face?
I admittedly missed the part where someone advocated beating the **** out of the guy; at first I thought you were saying you shouldn't fight back at all.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,742,288 times
It's too bad this got off on the topic of parents who think their children's doings automatically have to charm everyone, when the OP has to do with a racist who committed battery upon a baby of another race, tore his lip, and called the baby a heinous racial epithet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies