Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

I am sure that very few of you saw the Hannity show that they entitled Saving America tonight. The second showing of it just finished and the next chance to see it will be at 4:00 CST or 5:00 EST. Of course, I am sure that it will be available a couple of times on Fox News Sunday, also.

Anyway it seems that using the title of Benjamin Carson's book may tell us something. I failed to see him even one time say anything negative about him entering politics. The best thing he said was that when someone mentioned that the left would go hard after delegitimizing him along with the media that he had nothing back there in his background for them to use. I really think that you of the left lean need to make sure you get the story as told by Think Prog, Media Matters or HuffPo as soon as you can so you can set about "getting" at him as soon as possible.

For those here who would like to see him not backing down from the suggestions that he run other than him saying, as he did in his speech the other night and along with Hannity at the same time that only if God takes him by the collar and drags him into politics will he do it. I think maybe he felt the hand of God tonight and knows that there will be all kinds of Republicans, like me, who want to push the establishment out of control and think he would be an excellent choice to do that. He did mention that we must find as many young people who are willing to take part in the whole thing and that is a declaration against the establishment.

It appears we may have to either have the second black President or the first woman as President next time around if there is a next time. There is plenty in Hillary's background to delegitimize her with so you people will have to start digging for things about how many times Carson went to the rest room in elementary school and like that.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Smile You're right, roy...

I don't see Hannity as America's savior.

More like a whiny frat boy,

Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sure that very few of you saw the Hannity show that they entitled Saving America tonight. The second showing of it just finished and the next chance to see it will be at 4:00 CST or 5:00 EST. Of course, I am sure that it will be available a couple of times on Fox News Sunday, also.

Anyway it seems that using the title of Benjamin Carson's book may tell us something. I failed to see him even one time say anything negative about him entering politics. The best thing he said was that when someone mentioned that the left would go hard after delegitimizing him along with the media that he had nothing back there in his background for them to use. I really think that you of the left lean need to make sure you get the story as told by Think Prog, Media Matters or HuffPo as soon as you can so you can set about "getting" at him as soon as possible.
I really think you of the right who blindly follow your shepherds like Rush, Hannity, et al make a silly ASSumption thinking the left does the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It appears we may have to either have the second black President or the first woman as President next time around if there is a next time. There is plenty in Hillary's background to delegitimize her with so you people will have to start digging for things about how many times Carson went to the rest room in elementary school and like that.
"if there is a next time" ?

Will the right ever get away from fear-mongering as their primary strategy?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Lol Carson is just trolling Republicans now. He's spending more and more media time on Hannity, which is the kookiest of right wing shows, just telling the hapless clueless wingers that he's an independent and he voted for someone who is trying to make America better (no matter what it can't be someone from the party of Bush or "legitimate rape"). The biggest shocker for all the Tea Partiers will be that Carson voted for Obama in 2012

Old 02-16-2013, 07:19 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
No...Forget Carson...forget the Rubic cube. Easy does it.....ok. What ? inspired by God and sorry but thats what I told the Ch or Ru....no....no no no. Or hey I am sincere so Please, please ...no.

The world is all about concrete realities...calm, logical, reasoned out decision maker ...ok ...WITHOUT EMOTIONAL HORSE SHT.

( both these guys are too eager and relate EVERYTHING to their individual idea...no no no....plus too eager is vulnerable to stuff away...No.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:41 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Easy does it Roy. Rational thinking people don't like either side getting tingles up their legs. Take a hard look at the guy over the next couple of years IF he decides to make a run. But don't go all swoony on me.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM

Carson comes off very nice...I like him... his vocation is teaching and he's a huge guy....but theres no ability in comprehensible consideration for different cultures...different ways...that breakfast prayer thing was ridicule on Obama...even if interesting ...no...what if another world leader with a different view , he said on fox....God inspires me....well then how come God didn't inspire charity... there was nothing charitable about the marked accusations without chance to explain for Obama...no no...that is not the way..not in the frame of a breakfast prayer....I'm not into Obamas ideas but that was manure in the face...would do same to a Russian or Chin leader...no he cannot be trusted

Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM

well four years is a long time and people usually reason things out for the best.

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-16-2013 at 08:08 AM..

Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
The irony of this whole thing is astounding.

Ben goes into getting rid of being PC because it limits free though, but the OP posted a thread that David Letterman should be silenced because he doesn't agree with him. It's such obvious hypocrisy it's downright silly.

The comparison of the US versus the Roman Empire has been around longer then I have been alive. It has been twisted and turned again and again, even debunked here on City Data about 4 years ago.

The debt and education, well it's nice to point out things are bad...what's his solution?

Why wasn't he complaining when we were getting into this debt with two wars on credit cards and a big tax cut for people already making hundreds of thousands (and millions) of dollars?

Oh yeah, not a peep on either. How can you "save America" if you don't have any solutions?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
"Saving America"....lol right alongside the term "patriot" the tea partiers are the best at using highly ironic terms with a straight face

Not content with being the scum of American politics as their low 30s approval ratings indicate we can all hope that the baggers continue to double down on their craziness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies