Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You can always tell the limited educationally challenged sheeple because they will look at statistics and run with them and not fully understand that numbers can be manipulated to prove whatever the person sees fit by omitting or adding certain information.
It would definitely take lack of education to take some statistics and run with them. This is why I look at the statistics, and then I look behind those statistics. I know there is more there than meets the eye. I didn't see the OP mention which segment of the Black population such statistics exist for.

A person sees a statistic about Black crime. Some people won't bother to look behind those statistics or to look at them more carefully. Why such persons do such things, well, there are some reason. For some, it is a matter of not knowing better and wanting to take the simplistic way out. For others, it is a matter of justifying one's prejudice and using such statistics to say "I don't hire Blacks" or "I don't want Blacks in my neighborhood". While prejudice is scary, it is someone with the power to hire or someone in public office you have to be worried about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Whew! I m glad that you solve all of the Black community's questions by blaming it on alcohol (which is not made in the inner cities by blacks) and drugs (which again is imported to their neighborhoods) but yet at the same time never mentioning who is behind their availibilty
I don't care about who is making the stuff, because at the end of the day, African American men should be at the front line of their communities like custom agents prohibiting harmful street drugs from entering their neighborhoods. Unfortunately, it is African American drug dealers who sell dope to their own people.

American blacks also need to learn how to cook healthy food for themselves. Stop relying on fast food and take out Chinese food to feed yourself. Are African Americans even aware that Asian people don't even eat the food they serve? That food is mostly for non Asians...

Quote:
So that being said, why are white men who live in these so-called "open areas" are the ones going around shooting people in large numbers? I guess other ethnic groups do not live in the inner cities and violence does not happen to them, except when an occasional young white male has a need for population control by shooting up everyone in a school or movie theater
If you're referring to all the mass shootings, the common link is prescription drugs (antidepressants).

"Some 90 percent of school shootings over more than a decade have been linked to a widely prescribed type of antidepressant called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs, according to British psychiatrist Dr. David Healy, a founder of RxISK.org, an independent website for researching and reporting on prescription drugs."

Psych meds linked to 90% of school shootings

Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No it's called DEBATE or move on Some subjects may be sensitive to others.
If I made wide generalizations about you and your family and you denounce them is that a "Sensitive subject?" Would you consider that a debate eventhough I never met you or your family? Of course it is not, the Op made a bias non-information statement and needed to be called on it, simple as that

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Black on Black crime is ten times higher than white on white crime and 90% of all black neighborhoods are crime ridden and no one wants to get in and everyone wants to get out but yet its because of this that we whites are told we need to get rid of our guns. Why is it that blacks commit most of the violent crimes in the nation and fill most of the prisons? Is it a black thing? Are blacks more aggressive and violent? Why can't male blacks seem to raise a child but seem to breed like wild animals do then leave? The proof is in the stats. I am asking why?
“I don’t want to wake up four years from now and discover that we still have more young black men in prison than in college.â€
--Barack Obama, fund-raiser in Harlem, NY, Nov. 29, 2007.
Simply untrue, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. There may be a case for arguing, as some Obama supporters have done, that the total number of black prisoners is slightly higher than the total number of black students. But I can only fact check the comparison the candidate actually made, which was between young black men in prison and in college. Rather than acknowledge the error, the Obama campaign declined to provide statistical support.
Source: GovWatch on 2008 Pinocchio Awards for Biggest Fib of 2007 , Jan 1, 2008

No extra penalty for gang association
Obama voted against a proposal to criminalize contact with a gang for any convicts on probation or out on bail
Obama opposed making gang activity eligible for the death penalty. “There’s a strong overlap between gang affiliation and young men of color.... I think it’s problematic for them to be singled out as more likely to receive the death penalty for carrying out certain acts than are others who do the same thing.

Some heinous crimes justify the ultimate punishment

While the evidence tells me that the death penalty does little to deter crime, I believe there are some crimes--mass murder, the rape and murder of a child--so heinous that the community is justified in expressing the full measure of its outrage by meting out the ultimate punishment. On the other hand, the way capital cases were tried in Illinois at the time was so rife with error, questionable police tactics, racial bias, and shoddy lawyering, that 13 death row inmates had been exonerated
Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p. 58 , Oct 1, 2006

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok

Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing

2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
it is the lack of decent education
The most important education that a youngster can get is HOME EDUCATION. You're right, there is a lack of decent education, but the fault rest on the ELDERS and PARENTS in the African American communities for failure to teach the youth about life 101.

Quote:
it is the lack of employment that can support a family
If African American neighborhoods were clean and safe, money would be flowing INTO the their communities which in turn would create jobs.

Jazz clubs, comedy clubs, black own businesses, soul food restaurants, mature upscale black entertainment, ect, would all be visited by other racial groups because they do like (and love!) the positive elements of African culture. Hell, Europeans around the world pay thousands just to see the African safari in Africa.

This is the major reason why African American neighborhoods are so poor and you have no jobs; you have nobody SPENDING money within the AA communities. Everybody (including well to do Africans) steers clear of the ghetto.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I don't care about who is making the stuff, because at the end of the day, African American men should be at the front line of their communities like custom agents prohibiting harmful street drugs from entering their neighborhoods. Unfortunately, it is African American drug dealers who sell dope to their own people.

I guess because you never hear of this happening you assume that it does not? There are groups all over the country that do just what you are saying, but you won't hear about them because sensationalism sales. Oh, btw it made be AA that sell the drugs in the communities but who brings them over from their country of origin? Who are the people that leave their comfortable suburban neighborhoods to come to the inner city to buy them and go back home

American blacks also need to learn how to cook healthy food for themselves. Stop relying on fast food and take out Chinese food to feed yourself. Are African Americans even aware that Asian people don't even eat the food they serve? That food is mostly for non Asians...

I'm glad that you are so intuned to what blacks in this country eat and their cooking abilities
If not I'm mistaken what ethnicity frequents the Chinese food places the most during the christmas holidays? Here is a hint, they are not black. And if you really want to get gritty, Asians (Japanese and Chinese especially) eat things that I would not dare even be in the same room with, so to me it is no big lost)

If you're referring to all the mass shootings, the common link is prescription drugs (antidepressants).

"Some 90 percent of school shootings over more than a decade have been linked to a widely prescribed type of antidepressant called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs, according to British psychiatrist Dr. David Healy, a founder of RxISK.org, an independent website for researching and reporting on prescription drugs."

Psych meds linked to 90% of school shootings

So white school age males now have a reason why they shoot up schools
what about the guy who shot up the movie theater or the one that shot up the Temple? What was their excuse?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:58 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You should be asking "which" Blacks? You say "Blacks" this and "Blacks" that. What you have mentioned does not apply to much of the Black population. Yes, much of the prison population is Black. Something else you should consider. Half of the people in prison are there for DRUG-RELATED crimes. Before the 1970s, the USA didn't have that many people in prison. The prison population jumped when the war on drugs started.

You are asking some ignorant questions. Blacks do not breed like wild animals as you say. The Black birth rate is very similar to the White birth rate(2.2 and 2.1 children per couple, respectively). The Hispanic birth rate is the highest. And the phenomenon of "impregnate and then leave" takes place mainly with the poorest Blacks.

And consider the neighborhoods. Middle class Blacks often don't live in Black neighborhoods anymore. Alot of Black neighborhoods are populated by the poorest Blacks. The violent crime is mainly tied to gangs, drugs, and arguments, and mostly happens among the underclass. You don't see middle class Blacks doing this.

Why such ignorant sounding questions?
Applies to 80% of the black population in my city.
But, continue with your head in the sand.
You seem comfortable.
BTW, "impregnate and leave" is a sport with black males. A little research proves that.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
The most important education that a youngster can get is HOME EDUCATION. You're right, there is a lack of decent education, but the fault rest on the ELDERS and PARENTS in the African American communities for failure to teach the youth about life 101.

If African American neighborhoods were clean and safe, money would be flowing INTO the their communities which in turn would create jobs.

Jazz clubs, comedy clubs, black own businesses, soul food restaurants, mature upscale black entertainment, ect, would all be visited by other racial groups because they do like (and love!) the positive elements of African culture. Hell, Europeans around the world pay thousands just to see the African safari in Africa.

This is the major reason why African American neighborhoods are so poor and you have no jobs; you have nobody SPENDING money within the AA communities. Everybody (including well to do Africans) steers clear of the ghetto.

No one visits trailor homes either, poor neighborhoods were designed to keep the poor centrally located. There is even a quote in the Bible that says "There will always be poor amongst you" and if my intepretation is correct that ment physically, mentally and spirtually poor (lacking).

Blacks have in the past had places like that and guess what happened?
The Black Wall Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rosewood massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I realize that my examples are a bit extreme but it happened. You have to understand this as well, people who are ignorant of their own personal finances are the real backbone of this country. They tend to constantly buy the crap that they don't need thus fueling the economy.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
You seem comfortable.
BTW, "impregnate and leave" is a sport with black males. A little research proves that.
That is interesting because that is the same number of whites that does it in mine

Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
You seem comfortable.
What city do you live in? What kind of places do you hang around?

And I have done the research for myself.

And I know about "impregnate and leave". I haven't seen that with Blacks where I live. It does happen in very poor areas and in ghettos. You see, I actually go behind the numbers. I actually ask "which segment of the Black population do such things happen"?

Of course, I know how you think. You are looking for any excuse to say scathing things about Blacks. You think in terms of trying to justify your own prejudice. You are looking for reasons to justify your prejudice because it gives you power. I know how prejudice, discrimination, racism, and bigotry work. A big part of it is about having power and control over other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies