Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
First off, you're veering off subject. I see you don't want to address the fact that your beloved Africans sold your ancestors off into slavery.

Actually they didn't. The same thing they did to people of Native descent they did in West Africa, except colonize the land

Second off, this is revisionist history. Pretty much every group of people has contributed to human development in some way at one time, but Africans did not singlehandedly create Europe, or America. That's just not true.

Read about the workers in the coal mines, and steel companies in early America as well as who built the plantations and the White House.

Dude, you're not a POW. End of story. A POW is a prisoner of war, not some guy who happens to live in a country that enslaved his ancestors 150 freakin years ago, and posts freely on the internet about how he's a POW.

You're not a prisoner, a POW, a slave, or any of that. You're some guy who's ancestors got screwed, but um, who isn't?

Convince me that I am not, because I am surely convinced at how I'm still being treated everyday, how I'm looked at. Propaganda and Deception are both part of war. You should study more, before engaging in discussions... You need to also understand how Prisoners of Wars are handled throughout history.

I told you.

No you didn't

What gives you that impression?

Open discussion? Try reading back a few pages. And I quote: "the white man is my enemy". Yeah, real open discussion this guy's trying to have here.

Because of that statement, you're afraid to have an open discussion with me. The Russians still are in talks with America, even they are political enemies, the same for China and the US. I have Afrikan and Native blood in my veins so am I wrong for telling the truth, because you know the Natives were slaughtered as well as captured into slavery because of their dark skin, so a person could call a Native black, which was common throughout the South as a reason for enslavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well we are getting closer to what and who you get your information from. With this hate you won't make it rich one day or even well off. Your not Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or are you????
Of course not, don't expect me to follow their paths either.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems theres blacks on here that see our nation has moved forward, then there are those that feel were still in the days before Jim Crow.
It seems to me that when white folks discuss this is it is a black and white issue, pun intended. It is either as bad as the Jim Crow era or racism no longer exists, as if on July 2, 1962 a magic wand was waved over the country and we went, as a nation, from full on racism or total acceptance of racial equality. That in a mere 50 years prejudice, conscious and unconscious racism cultivated over 335 years of the nations history was erased at the stroke of a pen. No it isn't 1962 much less 1862 or even 1762 and when asked to answer honestly no African American would argue otherwise. But any African American with a bit of sense would state that this nation has eradicated, root and stem the vestiges of its racist heritage.

Following the testimony of Mark Furman during the OJ Simpson trial, one of my, shall we say, less than racially progressive friends came me and said, "Any white man who hasn't used the n-word in the last ten years is a damned liar." Frankly that was one of the most honest things that I've ever heard a white person admit to, not that I believe it to be an accurate statement, but certainly an accurate allegory for the state of race in America. Racism continues to pervade the American psyche and will of many years to come. Whether the rate of its diminishment rises or fall periodically I feel that it will at some point be unrecognizable, but it won't happen in a mere 50 or 100 years.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Dismiss yourself from this thread, I want to save you the embarrassment that will come upon you... All jokes aside.

This is your rebuttal?...... Well, being in the hood doesn't equal death sentences, it's called circumstances ever heard of it?

I like to see how they think. They won't have a discussion with me in public so a forum is the next best thing, though still entertaining and interesting nonetheless.

We need reform of media, culture, business a myriad of other things that will only make this post longer, though I don't want to share it with you seeing as somehow everything we've ever done is turned and used against us by this government, i.e. free-reduced school lunch and school breakfast was taken from the Black Panther Party and the government used it giving no credit to them in the process. So I rather discuss amongst my people.
As you wish, but you said:
Quote:
Let's get through this with an open minded discussion, open to all who wants to talk about the elephant in the nation. The whole article is provided in the link below.
Quote:
So nobody wants to have a civil discussion about this topic? Yet they want to talk about black neighborhoods and guns....
My gf didn't have problems getting into uni., her parents stayed together and gave her a good upbringing, she isn't held back or given unfair grades. The partner that hired me last semester is black so he wasn't held back either. If whitey isn't oppressing any of them, maybe, just maybe, whitey isn't the enemy. Then again, they defy just about every stereotype that exists.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Okay. I never said it did.

And what's with the faces? I don't like that face. Give me a different one.
Just like a white person thinking something belongs to them when it doesn't. Those are the faces for my expression not for you...

Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
As you wish, but you said:

I know what I wrote, but don't think open discussion is synonymous with no-discernment in conversation that would be naivete on my part. I'm smarter than you can imagine..

My gf didn't have problems getting into uni., her parents stayed together and gave her a good upbringing, she isn't held back or given unfair grades. The partner that hired me last semester is black so he wasn't held back either. If whitey isn't oppressing any of them, maybe, just maybe, whitey isn't the enemy. Then again, they defy just about every stereotype that exists.

Study political and military science.
Well you gotta try again because you're kind of losing this argument

Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Let's get through this with an open minded discussion, open to all who wants to talk about the elephant in the nation. The whole article is provided in the link below.

Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - In These Times
Every bum wants a handout

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Every bum wants a handout
What are you talking about? I never asked for a "handout"

Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It seems to me that when white folks discuss this is it is a black and white issue, pun intended. It is either as bad as the Jim Crow era or racism no longer exists, as if on July 2, 1962 a magic wand was waved over the country and we went, as a nation, from full on racism or total acceptance of racial equality.
Not really, that's just your take on it. It's kind of difficult to engage in honest discussion with someone who blames whitey entirely for their own condition without getting just a little bit defensive.

It's extremely rare that I see the opposing side of these arguments ever coming out and saying "yes, there are cultural issues as well which have nothing to do with white people." So it seems to me that when black folks discuss this is it is a black and white issue, pun intended.

So there you go. When this guy (and every other blame whitey type) approaches this honestly, I'll have an honest discussion. Until then, I'll just beat them over the head with their one-sided foolishness until they give it up.

Quote:
Actually they didn't. The same thing they did to people of Native descent they did in West Africa, except colonize the land
Africans didn't sell other Africans into slavery?

Quote:
Convince me that I am not, because I am surely convinced at how I'm still being treated everyday, how I'm looked at. Propaganda and Deception are both part of war. You should study more, before engaging in discussions... You need to also understand how Prisoners of Wars are handled throughout history.
Convince me I'm not a Martian.

Seriously?

Quote:
Because of that statement, you're afraid to have an open discussion with me. The Russians still are in talks with America, even they are political enemies, the same for China and the US. I have Afrikan and Native blood in my veins so am I wrong for telling the truth, because you know the Natives were slaughtered as well as captured into slavery because of their dark skin, so a person could call a Native black, which was common throughout the South as a reason for enslavement.
Now you're just rambling. I'm not "afraid" to have any discussion with anyone. Like I said, when you come out and say things like "the white man is my enemy," don't expect the white man to engage in honest discussion with you, because it's obviously a waste of time.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You said white people are the problem. So, take white people out of the equation. How does that effect anything? Are AA's going to graduate HS and university at higher rates? If whites are holding blacks back then why are AA's that apply themselves able to achieve success?

There was a back to Africa movement, but not all AA's wanted to go back to Africa.

Back-to-Africa movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Liberia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When we solve our problem it will never resemble this decrepit system, it will be to our own cultural standards. You seem to be under the impression that I'm talking bout the same system we fought in the 60s when this isn't the case at all. This system has been so fine tuned that even you, the practioners would see no wrong.

If you're bringing up the back to afrika movement the bring up the entire U.N.I.A. movement or the Black Star Line.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Not really, that's just your take on it. It's kind of difficult to engage in honest discussion with someone who blames whitey entirely for their own condition without getting just a little bit defensive.

It's extremely rare that I see the opposing side of these arguments ever coming out and saying "yes, there are cultural issues as well which have nothing to do with white people." So it seems to me that when black folks discuss this is it is a black and white issue, pun intended.

So there you go. When this guy (and every other blame whitey type) approaches this honestly, I'll have an honest discussion. Until then, I'll just beat them over the head with their one-sided foolishness until they give it up.

Africans didn't sell other Africans into slavery?

Convince me I'm not a Martian.

Seriously?

Now you're just rambling. I'm not "afraid" to have any discussion with anyone. Like I said, when you come out and say things like "the white man is my enemy," don't expect the white man to engage in honest discussion with you, because it's obviously a waste of time.
Aw man this guy is really delusional..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies