Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Or they wanted to mislead the reader into believing that there was photographic evidence for the story when there wasn't.
Come on, HD. I never pegged you as the conspiracy theorist type.

Or do you only put on your tin foil hat when someone's saying something bad about Obama?

News agencies use stock photography ALL THE TIME. It's very, very, very common. Surely you know this. I *HOPE* you know this. I've never considered you to be either dumb or ignorant, but if you're going to stick with this CT nonsense, I might have to re-evaluate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
This is so stupid. Those bombers haven't carried nukes since the 80s.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Or do you only put on your tin foil hat when someone's saying something bad about Obama?

News agencies use stock photography ALL THE TIME. It's very, very, very common. Surely you know this. I *HOPE* you know this. I've never considered you to be either dumb or ignorant, but if you're going to stick with this CT nonsense, I might have to re-evaluate.

Without identifying them as such?

Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
If the Iranians mislead with photoshop why can't posters mislead also?

Iran Jet Photoshop Is So Incredibly Wack
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2677778.html

Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If the Iranians mislead with photoshop why can't posters mislead also?
Or more to the point , If (or rather, Since) Obama misleads (read "lies constantly")...

Old 02-18-2013, 11:33 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
For good reason. And I have not theorized a conspiracy here either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
News agencies use stock photography ALL THE TIME. It's very, very, very common.
Real news agencies label them so you know that.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I'd be interested to know why we scrambled AFTER they circumnavigated Guam. If an attack was under way, that's a little late.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
My question is, just HOW do they know they were carrying "nuclear tipped cruise missiles", did they personally check them out when the plane landed?
Old Army Soldier you really had to push the limit to start a thread didn't you, time to go back to your air raid shelter!
You will have to contact Bill Gertz at the Washington Free Beacon for your answers. He seems to be a guy that has national security contacts. He is the guy who exposed Bill Clinton selling our missile technology to China.

Bill Gertz:
Bill Gertz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During the administration of Bill Clinton Gertz was known for his stories exposing government secrets.

He has also written for National Review, The Weekly Standard and Air Force Magazine. He has lectured on defense, national security, and media issues at the Defense Department’s National Security Leadership Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, the FBI National Academy, the National Defense University, and the CIA.[3] He has been a media fellow at the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.[4

During 1996 Gertz reported in the Washington Times on Chinese sales of nuclear technology to Pakistan.[7] In 1997 he reported on Russian aid to Iran's nuclear weapon program, based on information given him by the Israeli intelligence agency Mossad.[8] In 1998 he reported on United States sale of missile technology to China.[9] In 2004, Gertz claimed that Syria, possibly with the aid of Russian troops, transferred Iraqi weapons of mass destruction stockpiles to its own military installations.[10]

Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
There have been a ton of gaffes the past couple years of Republican politicians accidentally calling Russia "the Soviet Union." My post was partly tongue in cheek, though I don't doubt some like Sen. McCain would be cheering on a war with Russia if it was even a remote possibility right now.
You think McCain would start a nuclear war if he could as that's what war with Russia would entail.

I'm curious to hear your logical thought processes as to how you came to this conclusion.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
You wrote this....

Quote:
The second largest military power in the world flies nuclear weapons around in circles through our air space until forced to leave, and you say that's not an embarrassment?
I asked how you knew they had nukes on board and you responded with....

Quote:
I never said I did. In fact, I never said that I was convinced that the incident even took place. There seems to be some legitimate concern about whether or not this happened, and I haven't posted anything that indicates I'm convinced either way.

My comment, which somehow you apparently failed to actually read, was in reference to the astounding apathy displayed by NJ about this. Doesn't matter if it did or didn't take place - he/she was commenting with the clear assumption that it did, so I replied to THAT PERSON following and commenting on THEIR position.

Next time you want to put words in my mouth, consider it a bit more carefully. I don't let people get away with that crap, and I WILL call you on it.
Maybe next time preface your comments with words like "if" or otherwise choose better wording rather than blaming us for reading what you actually wrote instead of what you were thinking while writing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies