Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Apples and Oranges. Thousands lost their lives based on lies told to the American public
Clinton Admin and UNSCOM lies.

As Biden confirms:
Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: I want to go back to 2002, because it’s important as to what people were saying then and what the American people were hearing. Here’s Joe Biden about Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security.”

“We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

“He must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.” You were emphatic about that.

SEN. BIDEN: That’s right, and I was correct about that. He must be, in fact—and remember the weapons we were talking about. I also said on your show, that’s part of what I said, but not all of what I meant. What I also said on your show at the time was that I did not think he had weaponized his material, but he did have. When, when the inspectors left after Saddam kicked them out, there was a cataloguing at the United Nations saying he had X tons of, X amount of, and they listed the various materials he had. The big issue, remember, on this show we talked about, was whether he had weaponized them. Remember you asked me about those flights that were taking place in southern Iraq, where—were they spraying anthrax? And, you know, what would happen? And, you know, so on and so forth. And I pointed out to you that they had not developed that capacity at all. But he did have these stockpiles everywhere.

MR. RUSSERT: Where are they?

SEN. BIDEN: Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued—they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.
MTP Transcript for April 29, 2007 - Meet the Press | NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
But you don't care one iota about 4 Americans killed in Lybia. Strange how that works.
I care about any Americans that are killed or injured on our behalf. I do think the Ambassador and his group over relied on the tenuous ability of Libyan authorities to protect their going to the remote facility. That was a regrettable mistake on the Ambassador's part. But, that is in no way an equivalent mistake to that of initiating an invasion of Iraq.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
New facts home come out regarding how the war was created. These guys should be put in jail.
Clinton and UNSCOM? Yes. Quite so.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Clinton and UNSCOM? Yes. Quite so.
So you are not willing to admit that the Bush administration should be prosecuted for the thousands of servicemen that lost their lives based on fabricated evidence used to lie to the American people.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM

23,977 posts, read 15,086,618 times
All this discussion shows me it that it matters not who the POTUS is. The CIA runs this country and has since long before Iran Contra.

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
History definitely will not look kindly on Cheney for this! He will go down in history as someone who cost 4000 American lives and bankrupt our country.

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Clinton Admin and UNSCOM lies.

As Biden confirms:MTP Transcript for April 29, 2007 - Meet the Press | NBC News
Why don't you start your own thread regarding Clinton. This thread is about the atrocities committed by the Bush administration.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Why don't you start your own thread regarding Clinton. This thread is about the atrocities committed by the Bush administration.
Bush got the WMD intel from Clinton and UNSCOM. It's directly relevant.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:05 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"send Cheney, Rummy, etal., a thank you note. " make sure these on your etal list:
Dem's who voted FOR the wars:
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) Current VP
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Current Sec of state (Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) Current leader of the Senate
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)
Difference is, the additions you list didn't lie about their votes ..

Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
So you are not willing to admit that the Bush administration should be prosecuted for the thousands of servicemen that lost their lives based on fabricated evidence used to lie to the American people.
Why should the Bush administration be prosecuted? They got the WMD intel from the Clinton administration and UNSCOM. Even Biden admits that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies